Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The stupidest reason for getting the cold shoulder from your girlfriend/boyfriend?

Comments

• The dream one quite a few times - actually find it quite reassuring other people have suffered that! Also for laughing at a joke in a comedy - it wasn't funny apparently and therefore meant my entire personality was rubbish. For shouting hello when i came home from work.....for not shoting hello when I came home from work. Actually the list may be endless.
  • Number one on my extensive list is not doing something she told me not to do.
  • Remember being in the doghouse with a gf for mentioning something about her driving: she maintained she didn't have to do what I suggested. So in her driving test she didn't do it .......and failed. My fault of course and I was in the kennel again. Eventually married the present Mr M, (who doesn't drive).
  • Had a female not talk to me because i was horrible to her in her dream the night before.

They're all bonkers.

I've had this too.

My ex-wife once went absolutely apeshit because, and I kid you not, I threw away a pile of old dry cleaning tickets. Mind you she was an utter fruitloop. One time I prompted her anger by simply asking her what we were doing on a particular weekend. Once we split up she went mental at my mum because she answered the question 'how's he doing' with 'he's doing pretty well considering'. Man, I could go on and on. Knew we were heading for defeat when she thought it was a good idea to throw my CAFC season ticket away because I'd pissed her off (probably by asking how she was). also had a habit of hiding things when she wanted revenge. Had to call her once because in one of her madder moments she hid the broadboand router. She finally ended a 10 year relationship and a nightmare 7 year marriage by MSN. Fruitloop.

I got the cold shoulder from another ex because I called her from the pub which was, apparently, insensitive because her dad was an alcoholic.

More than one's got upset because I bought them a present. Not a hoover or anything, decent surprise presents just because I wanted to.

Are there any women who don't go fishing for compliments only to complain you've only complimented them because they were fishing for it?

(I've got a job lot of these incidentally. I seem to pick em to be honest, the current one's just got your everyday female quirks, but I'd say most preceding her were of the utter fruitloop variety).
  • fattmatt said:

Tra-daa!

There are people in my work with far more ridiculous haircuts that that!! I don't see her problem.
  • Most arguments consist of me not knowing what it's about and secretly trying to work out what the hells going on.

Anyone every had the by the pool on holiday scenario where your checking out a hotty (whilst pretending to read) and you get this stoney pissed off 'nice is she' in your ear?
    ... no me neither lol
  • edited May 2013
    rikofold said:

Had a female not talk to me because i was horrible to her in her dream the night before.

They're all bonkers.

I've had this too.

My ex-wife once went absolutely apeshit because, and I kid you not, I threw away a pile of old dry cleaning tickets. Mind you she was an utter fruitloop. One time I prompted her anger by simply asking her what we were doing on a particular weekend. Once we split up she went mental at my mum because she answered the question 'how's he doing' with 'he's doing pretty well considering'. Man, I could go on and on. Knew we were heading for defeat when she thought it was a good idea to throw my CAFC season ticket away because I'd pissed her off (probably by asking how she was). also had a habit of hiding things when she wanted revenge. Had to call her once because in one of her madder moments she hid the broadboand router. She finally ended a 10 year relationship and a nightmare 7 year marriage by MSN. Fruitloop.

I got the cold shoulder from another ex because I called her from the pub which was, apparently, insensitive because her dad was an alcoholic.

More than one's got upset because I bought them a present. Not a hoover or anything, decent surprise presents just because I wanted to. Are there any women who don't go fishing for compliments only to complain you've only complimented them because they were fishing for it?

(I've got a job lot of these incidentally. I seem to pick em to be honest, the current one's just got your everyday female quirks, but I'd say most preceding her were of the utter fruitloop variety).
    This - I once skived out of work for two hours on her birthday,put flowers everywhere, put presents out, bought all stuff in for romantic meal. When she came home she stormed out to her friends and didn't talk to me for days as I was 'forcing her to enjoy herself'.

• agim said:

Most arguments consist of me not knowing what it's about and secretly trying to work out what the hells going on.

Anyone every had the by the pool on holiday scenario where your checking out a hotty (whilst pretending to read) and you get this stoney pissed off 'nice is she' in your ear?
    ... no me neither lol

Yeah, but having me hampton in me hand was the give away!
  • rikofold said:

Had a female not talk to me because i was horrible to her in her dream the night before.

They're all bonkers.

I've had this too.

How on earth did you put up with that for 10 years?!
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

They're all bonkers.

I've had this too.

More than one's got upset because I bought them a present. Not a hoover or anything, decent surprise presents just because I wanted to. Are there any women who don't go fishing for compliments only to complain you've only complimented them because they were fishing for it?

This - I once skived out of work for two hours on her birthday,put flowers everywhere, put presents out, bought all stuff in for romantic meal. When she came home she stormed out to her friends and didn't talk to me for days as I was 'forcing her to enjoy herself'.

Classic.

Oh I've also had the 'what are you buying me presents for - what have you done?' thing as well.
  • edited May 2013
    Not my story but think it's pretty hilarious.

A mate of mine from uni was on holiday with his gf and a mixed group of mates, they went for a night out, ended up in a strip club somehow (think they got dragged in off the main strip and got a couple free drinks for it) apparently he asked whether he could leave because he'd know he'd get the shit ripped out of him if he was caught even glancing at the girl by his gf (who was pretty insecure and needy) to which she replied that he "Wouldn't let her have fun" and was "running his holiday" and then stormed out herself to have a tantrum for an hour. Because he wanted to leave a strip club so his eyes didn't inadvertently betray his gf. Craziness.

Personally, had the dream one loads. And once the current gf thought i was ignoring her for 5 seconds even though we were in a loud bar when I was talking to a mate who was a girl and i couldn't hear her, even though she'd been ignoring me all night, she then decided that I was actually talking to my ex who was about a foot smaller than the girl i was talking to, black not white, and didn't have bright pink hair! That took until 6 in the morning to sort out and to stop her from thinking we should break up over what was literally nothing. Madness.
  • From reading this thread and from my own personal experiences, I strongly believe that the majority of women are a bit loopy.

I was out for a bird's birthday once and got a round in for her and her housemates,apparently by doing that I was flirting with her friends so she ran off in tears and left her own drink on the bar
  • agim said:

Most arguments consist of me not knowing what it's about and secretly trying to work out what the hells going on.

... no me neither lol

Yesterday in Hyde park, she passed a comment about a guy on the tube being a DILF and how she wouldn't have a problem with me checking out other women. Cue attractive women wearing barely anything in Hyde park, first look I make she gives me a little whack and a lecture on how I was "taking the mick".

They're mental I tell ya.
  • I've a feeling this is going to run the 'doghouse' thread close for hilarity.
  • This could literally be the thread I post most on here.
  • Because her mates bloke cheated on her mate... which meant that I probably had...
  • rikofold said:

They're all bonkers.

I've had this too.

How on earth did you put up with that for 10 years?!
    First 3 were great, just kept hoping things would work out I guess. It went wrong when I put a ring on her finger.

Or even before. On her hen night she turned up at my gaff unexpectedly at about 3am pissed out of her skull wailing about how sorry she was that she'd let some geezer feel her up in a club. Too much information, but even then I was in the doghouse for days for not being too impressed with that.

I genuinely didn't know if she was going to turn up at the wedding because I'd told her the day before I didn't want to make wholesale changes to the day we'd planned together after her mum had come up with a new running order with 24 hours to go. Her mum was a nutcase of the most high order, but that's for another day another thread :-)

Oh another classic of the dream variety. I was in the doghouse for months - months - because she'd spotted some scratches down my back and assumed I was having an affair. I had no idea where they were coming from until I woke up one night with her fingernails dug into my spine.

I also had her sleep-rowing with me once. She said something in her sleep about there being "someone walking about the corridors" and then she started hitting me for suggesting she might be sleeptalking.
  • When we did break up, she blocked every form of communication - changed her mobile, email, wouldn't give me her house address, blocked me at work, etc - then complained that I wasn't keeping her in the loop re the divorce.

I also heard she broke off a friendship several years later and that was somehow my fault as well.

It's more than possible I may be hijacking this thread for reason of catharsis... ;-)
  • Conclusion. All women are mental. Simples.
  • Sponsored links:

• My missus rarely gets the hump, is very sweet natured, understands exactly and supports me whenever I want to do something, likes the fact that I go to Charlton every home game and various cricket matches during the summer, thinks that me spending time with my sons and my friends is very healthy, is very appreciative of flowers and presents.

Something is clearly very wrong with her. What the hell is going on?
  • Davo55 said:

My missus rarely gets the hump, is very sweet natured, understands exactly and supports me whenever I want to do something, likes the fact that I go to Charlton every home game and various cricket matches during the summer, thinks that me spending time with my sons and my friends is very healthy, is very appreciative of flowers and presents.

You should have her stuffed.

• Rizzo said:

Davo55 said:

My missus rarely gets the hump, is very sweet natured, understands exactly and supports me whenever I want to do something, likes the fact that I go to Charlton every home game and various cricket matches during the summer, thinks that me spending time with my sons and my friends is very healthy, is very appreciative of flowers and presents.

You should have her stuffed.

I do my best mate :-)
  • Davo55 said:

Something is clearly very wrong with her. What the hell is going on?

To be fair mine's lovely. Every once in a while she has to find something wrong though, the longer we're going out the more absurd and silly they tend to be. Thankfully she slowly comes round to why they're so absurd.
  • This could literally be the thread I post most on here.

Same here! More recent one. I started a new job and in the centre where I worked all the other staff were males. Cue being shouted at that I was clearly lying, almost to the point where I was going to invent female colleagues, although then I would have definitely been shagging them all!

• nolly said:

Went out with a posh bird for few years went round a flat in new cross all on pills ended up banging her mate in the stairwell while they danced upstairs , was sent to Coventry for a week , weird days

Women are crazy, fancy not talking to you because of that!
  • Some years ago, I was in my solicitors ready to sign an important piece of paperwork to do with my business at the time, unfortunately it needed countersigning by my absolute fruit loop of a second wife. She sat there with the hump, I asked her what was wrong and she caused an almighty scene in front of this guy, burst into tears and ran out into the street.

Why?.............................because I hadn't asked how she had got on at the dentist earlier that morning, incredible!!

After about twenty minutes, I calmed her down and squirmed back into the bewildered solicitors office to sign the paperwork, needless to say, she didn't last much longer!

Oh! and for those that read my thread about being in the doghouse for going to Charlton, three weeks on and my daughter is still not talking to me for missing her birthday lunch - women, jeeeeez!!
  • Got dumped for being untrustworthy by one with whom I started a thing before ending my previous thing, she knew all about it all along and it wasn't a problem until after I ended the first thing.
  • Got dumped for being untrustworthy by one with whom I started a thing before ending my previous thing, she knew all about it all along and it wasn't a problem until after I ended the first thing.

Sounds like it's 'your thing' gets you in trouble Thundercock!
  • Called her the name of a different girl (that she hated) at work for a laugh. Spent the rest of our holiday sleeping on one of those horrible futons where the metal pole eats away at your back in the night.

Some people aint got no sense of humour.