Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Article: Many Miles Have We Travelled...

2»

Comments

• Options
    I only did 4 :-( Leeds, Millwall, Huddersfield and Brighton. Tbf I've had lots of shit to deal with this year (excuses excuses!)
    More next year with QPR going down, maybe Watford staying put and hopefully Brentford coming up.
    But no 1pm away on New Year's Day please!
  • Options
    Just one away and one home for me this year due to not looking at the fixture list prior to booking flights.....but it was the start of the turn around against Bolton and Brighton, so happy days anyway. I still havent stopped telling everyone how good Brightons new ground is.......comparable to the facilities here.
  • Options
    Seven for me this year. I have chosen my games wisely as I haven't seen us lose away this season:

Leeds (D) Bristol City (W) Millwall (D) Leicester (W) Peterborough (D) Brighton (D) and last but not least ... Barnsley (an emphatic W).

Very happy with my travels this year, all very solid performances. I hope to get to more next year!
  • Options
    Good read buddy
  • Options
    Been my highest away win ratio this season as I've only seen one away defeat which was Hull.

Otherwise wins have come at Ipswich, Blackpool, Bristol City, Burnley, Watford, Blackburn, Barnsley and a solidary draw at Cardiff.

To have picked a run of six consecutive away wins is pretty amazing for me as normally I would have picked the defeats to go to.
  • Options
    I pulled a number of long straws - went away to Brum, Tractors, Brizzle, Watford and only saw defeats at Wendies and Stripey Nigel's. Had a ticket for Seagulls but missed game due to a bereavement and away on hols for the Scum.

So overall the only mare was Wendies away on Saturday b4 Xmas and compounded by fact that arrived at S6 10 minutes after kick off and ref missed stone bonk pen and Lino flagged for offside when clearly a yard onside.
  • Options
    Six consecutive away wins is amazing.

Think of the poor sods who travelled regularly during one of our lean periods in the latter part of 1969 and 1970. The 4-1 win at QPR in November 1970 was the first away win for something like 35 games. I remember nearly falling off my perch when the half time score was given out on Grandstand and spent the second half bricking it the QPR would mount a comeback.