Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A Weirdo's view.

The meaning of the Universe

It is a well established fact that the universe as we know it is approx 14 billion years old. What was there before is another argument altogether. For anything physical to succeed it needs a purpose, and to have a purpose it needs intelligence. Keeping this in mind allow me to introduce the much maligned and publicly shunned Higgs Boson...we will call this the intelligent particle. The question we must ask ourselves is why would any particles atomic or sub atomic want to form a universe, or more poetically have the will to. The answer is simple if not immediately obvious, for it is evident in everything we say and do. In every flower and tree it screams out at us, but such is our preoccupation with our own intelligence we miss the point spectacularly.

So what is this driving force that powers our ever expanding universe? I believe it is plain old fashioned Desire! But I hear you say “How can a universe have Desire” Well if it was without desire you would hardly be getting heated every Saturday and biting your nails to the quick hoping that your team can hold on to a one goal lead. Neither would there be any Would'Ya's or looking forward to your summer holiday.

I expect by now you are thinking “New Age Hippie” and you'd be almost right, for my conclusions are drawn from such ramblings as “Let's save the planet” and “Down with the Capitalists” These are not statements of lunacy or peer pressured outbursts, but moreso an inherent leaning towards a more pure view of desire. You could ask why not everyone adheres to these beliefs but once again there appears a simple answer “Greed”

Greed like any other emotion is a corruption of desire and born out of the fact that we have drifted far from a natural line of existence, and from desire we can derive all other emotions eg; Greed, jealousy, anger, envy and so on. These corruptions cause chaos which we interpret as unhappiness.

To look at the bigger picture we can observe gravity for instance. There are no known reasons to why such a force should exist, and indeed gravity remains one of lifes mysteries. But what if you envisage matter having desire? Is an atom wanting to be complete by joining another to become stable much different to the bonding of humans? Why shouldn't a planets desire to be bigger and better by attracting matter not be driven by a pure desire? Even when a Sun runs out of it's nuclear fuel it still retains it's desire, but in the form of a Black Hole where it's reborn self can even consume light itself...this is indeed a pure desire.

This is just a compressed version of my theory of the universe, but I hope it makes you smile or maybe ponder a while. I'm cool to having it ripped out of me also :)

Comments

• Blimey. I didn't realise Stephen Hawking was a Charlton fan.
  • Been hitting the bong today mate? ;o)
  • If you need more ket, PM me

I don't know what Ket is...I'm not a young hip thing.

It's northern for Kate.

It's northern for Kate.
    Now I'm even more confused!

• Have you sought out help?
  • edited April 2013

Have you sought out help?

I think that's only for people who are unhappy. I think you have to agree that my OP is not lacking a certain amount of joy.

ps. Thank you for supporting my theory (re-read my OP and think laterally)

I think that's only for people who are unhappy. I think you have to agree that my OP is not lacking a certain amount of joy.

No offence but its gibberish.

No, it's just different.

• Sponsored links:

• Do not necessarily agree with your concept but i do like two things 1, you are actually thinking 2, you are taking a different approach.
  • "For anything physical to succeed it needs a purpose, and to have a purpose it needs intelligence"

This is not true in Dartford on a Saturday night :-)
  • No need to defend yourself mate.I like your thinking.
  • Charlton Life delivers again on the weirdness front!
  • edited April 2013
    cafctom said:

Charlton Life delivers again on the weirdness front!

The warning was on the door :-)

• ...For anything physical to succeed it needs a purpose, and to have a purpose it needs intelligence...

Why and why?
  • Jesus Christ that's deep for a Sunday

I hope the THC in your weed doesn't fry ya brain

A damn sight more interesting than yet another smallwall thread though, tbh!
  • You may as well have started with "Once upon a time......"

"Greed, jealousy, anger, envy and so on" - Are you sure you're not a Scientologist?
  • Addickted said:

You may as well have started with "Once upon a time......"

"Greed, jealousy, anger, envy and so on" - Are you sure you're not a Scientologist?

Not a Scientologist, I don't think they are big on free thinking.

• Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

...For anything physical to succeed it needs a purpose, and to have a purpose it needs intelligence...

Why and why?
    I don't understand how Photoshop works but I accept that you do and appreciate your work.

• Stig said:

...For anything physical to succeed it needs a purpose, and to have a purpose it needs intelligence...

Why and why?
    I don't understand how Photoshop works but I accept that you do and appreciate your work.

Thanks, but that's no answer is it.
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

Why and why?

I'm happy to send you the full version but it's akin to walking through custard.

• edited April 2013
    "The full version", are you cutting and pasting this then? I was just keen to see the logic behind two unsubstantiated assumptions right at the very front of your article. I don't fancy wading through custard at this time in the morning though thank you ;-)
  • The full version is almost a book, so no, I won't be cutting and pasting.
  • edited April 2013
    custard.
  • I'm intrigued now. Is this your, "almost a book" or someone else's?
  • All my own weird ramblings...I might even write a symphony to accompany it.
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

Why and why?

I'm happy to send you the full version but it's akin to walking through custard.

Why walk through custard when you can run across the top?
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

Why and why?

Why walk through custard when you can run across the top?
    Taking Birds as a custard standard you wouldn't be able to run across it...but funnily enough the maths says you could drive across it.