Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good luck to our Marathon runners on Sunday

124»

Comments

• Options
    I'm impressed with Dailly, going at full pace the whole way round can't be easy.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I saw Katherine Jenkins yesterday when i was there. She is fit...

Brother on mic duty at finish said she was one of the only celebs who refused to do interviews after. He wasn't happy.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    You've got a brother? Should have said something!
  • Options
    It's like an alarm goes off.
  • Options
    Shag said:

2013 LONDON MARATHON - CELEBRITY RUNNERS

1-Christian Dailly - Ex-Scotland footballer - 3:06:26

wow

Is that a joke?!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="Salad">nope, Whizz Kidz.
    Any Addicks spot Christian en route?
    That's really impressive, he was probably in the green start with me but I'm hopeless at recognising well-known people.</blockquote>

Only asked as the only Demelza I saw was running a very similar pace to you (I was there to support someone who was aiming at 3h 10). That time is immense by the way, absolutely superb stuff!

On that note I'm staggered I missed Dailly as unless he got on his horse in the last few miles he would've run straight past me at least 3 times!
  • Options
    A most impressive time Salad! Does that time nearly make you a championship runner?
  • Options
    2:45 I'm afraid Greenie
  • Options
    Maybe one day I can get there, one day!!
  • Options
    How did you get on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anybody see on tonight's news about the lad with spinal bifida who finished in 12 hrs but london marathon organisers won't give him a medal because he didnt do it under 8 hrs

Shocking.
  • Options
    Well done everyone and thank God that Suzi got her tickets for this event.
  • Options
    Salad said:

How did you get on?

Nowhere near your level Mr. Salad - 4h 24m in the end. But I really loved it and I love running. The training for it gave me a lot of joy seeing weekly progress. I can do sub 2hr half marathons (just) so was hoping for 4 hours this time. I think that will be my aim for my next marathon attempt!
  • Options
    Greenie - try to get your 5k & 10k times down, I haven't done many and that's what I plan to do this year. And some halves.
    Run faster over shorter distances and you'll be able to run faster over longer ones too.
  • Options

Anybody see on tonight's news about the lad with spinal bifida who finished in 12 hrs but london marathon organisers won't give him a medal because he didnt do it under 8 hrs

Shocking.

They changed the rules a few years ago because they wanted to avoid a rush of people taking days to complete it, like the bloke in the deep sea diving suit. I agree that to not take into account individual circumstances is disgraceful.
  • Options
    Salad said:

Greenie - try to get your 5k & 10k times down, I haven't done many and that's what I plan to do this year. And some halves.
    Run faster over shorter distances and you'll be able to run faster over longer ones too.

Yep, I think that was what I thought I had to do. Going to work on my fitness as well. Bit odd saying that after having run a marathon. I mean high intensity stuff. And just got to sort my weak knee and ankle out too!! Well I am 40!
  • Options
    Finished in 3:59:14. Been celebrating for 3 days. Halfway at 1:58 and back in 2:01.
  • Options
    well done mate
  • Options
    Greenie - you dem yout innit
  • Options
    Er yes, that's right Salad. Er, respect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If any fellow runners are interested the 5 mile Olympic Park run opened for entries today. Was fab to finish in the stadium last year! Limited places so be quick...
  • Options
    Have just signed up for Run To The Beat half marathon this September. My first ever organized run.
  • Options
    I don't think the Palace shirt will do that again :-) call it immature, call if what you want but a very amusing day cafc x
  • Options
    Plus my bro did it in 3 54!
  • Options
    edited April 2013

If any fellow runners are interested the 5 mile Olympic Park run opened for entries today. Was fab to finish in the stadium last year! Limited places so be quick...

darn, just tried but sold out )-:
    well done Tom, see if there is a parkrun near you
    http://www.parkrun.org.uk/events/events/
  • Options
    Ballot for 2014 open now.... will fill by the end of the day for sure.
  • Options
    Has it finished?
  • Options
    Entered for 2014, we will see what happens. I will be a spartan again if I get in.

Ps do you have to run for a charity as this year has been hell getting people to pay up cash sponsorships.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Entered for 2014, we will see what happens. I will be a spartan again if I get in.

Ps do you have to run for a charity as this year has been hell getting people to pay up cash sponsorships.

Dress up as a charity box...Sorted!