Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good luck to our Marathon runners on Sunday

Comments

• Options
    Yep I'm with her and her son and aunt and cousin! Just seen Michelle roux! Spotted 3 friends so far and waiting for Glenn!!!!
  • Options
    WSS for a 4.30 finish, slightly more
  • Options
    We saw WSS about 20 mins ago at limehouse.
  • Options
    Stop Shouting finished in 4.11.22 - well played Sir!
  • Options
    Gutted missed Glenn. He's just too ruddy thin and fast! Well done all!!!
  • Options
    Cheers guys. Knee collapsed on me at 17 and just pushed on through slower than I wanted.

Brilliant support, thanks a lot.

First time, will there be a second? No frigging chance.
  • Options
    Well done Glenn! Your mum would have been proud of you as I'm sure your family are. I know youre friends are. Sorry you didn't hear me I fecked it up.

Have a good drink now. Xx
  • Options
    WSS said:

Cheers guys. Knee collapsed on me at 17 and just pushed on through slower than I wanted.

Brilliant support, thanks a lot.

First time, will there be a second? No frigging chance.

Well done Glenn on getting round. Nine miles plus with a dodgy knee is tough in any circumstances let alone a marathon in which you had a huge emotional investment.

Next year you can watch them all running with a beer in your hand and be able to think I've done that!
  • Options
    Congratulations Glenn,
  • Options
    Congrats to all on here who made it round and I'm just gutted I could not sponsor you all.

If there is anyone out there who still has a little sponsorship left in their pocket looking for a good home, please consider a guy called Mark Maddox.

He was diagnosed with the terminal Motor Neurone Disease 3 years ago in his 30s and told he had one Christmas left.

Three years on, today he become the first person with MND ever to do the London Marathon, finishing in 6hrs 40. This far into his illness is simply unbelievable. What an inspirational fella.

https://www.justgiving.com/Mark-Maddox/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS, I know I couldn't do nine miles without a dodgy knee, let alone with one having already done 17 miles, so I'm in awe that you finished.

Well done all you guys that ran. Can I suggest linking to your sponsorship pages again when you post your finishing times?
  • Options
    Well done all! I'm looking to run next year. I'd like to do it for Demelza.. But that's then!

It's been a good day in London today.
  • Options
    Absolutely superb atmosphere in Greenwich today. Only downside was a fella running in a Palace shirt!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="grownupyth">Absolutely superb atmosphere in Greenwich today. Only downside was a fella running in a Palace shirt!</blockquote>

Palarse always running.
  • Options
    Welldone pal hopefully you are resting up right now
  • Options
    I had a brilliant day. An experience of a lifetime! And made he more poignant because of the Boston atrocity. To those who are considering doing a marathon I say this... do London. You will rarely feel prouder to be part of this great city. But my legs are murder this morning!!!!!
  • Options
    well done to everyone who ran, some impressive times there, didn't get down to watch any but saw it on the TV, will take the kids down next year I think.

London looks amazing from the sky on a sunny day like yesterday
  • Options
    Well done GWE
  • Options
    Well what a brilliant day that was .... Every single one of you who ran can be very proud today , what an achievement it is . The mrs made it in 5 hours 42 mins , she really enjoyed it but says never again !

High fived stop shouting in Charlton , great time you done there mate .

Missed you WSS even with the purple barnet , did see the palace bloke though and pelted him with jelly babies

Crowds were superb I thought , well done all
  • Options
    What an amazing day. Nothing can compare. The crowds were twice as big as last year. Highlights for me were seeing shag1 on woolwich rd and Matt Taylor who gave me a biggup when I shouted charlton at him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was funny seeing you mate ! How you feeling today ?
  • Options
    Shag said:

That was funny seeing you mate ! How you feeling today ?

Not too bad mate, a bit achy though. How did your wife get on?

• Options
    Fantastic time you did mate .

From about mile 20 it hit her , like wtf am I doing ! Mixture of walking/running from there but she's well pleased she finished it
  • Options
    I saw your missus yesterday, there were a load of us drinking by The Mint and gave her a shout.

Had a quality day out yesterday. Great achievement by all those running.
  • Options

Just seen salad at mile 23 just behind the 2.59 pace marker! Shouted saaaallllllaaaaaaadddddd at him but he was too fast!

sorry Suzi, I'd just seen my family and it was head down time then, the atmosphere along there was electric, absolutely incredible. The pacer hadn't long gone past me, but I couldn't keep up with him, wasn't sure which side of 3hrs I was on till 200m to go when the b*st*rd announcer said 20 seconds for sub3! So no sprint finish required at least and I finished in 3:01:04, which I'm really pleased with. 13.5 minutes quicker than last time ... all I have to do next year is be 65 seconds quicker!

Running or spectating it is a fantastic day out, especially along the Embankment,
  • Options
    Salad were you running in a Demelza top?
  • Options

Salad were you running in a Demelza top?

running... at that time he must have been sprinting! Well done Marathon Man!

• Options
    2013 LONDON MARATHON - CELEBRITY RUNNERS

1-Christian Dailly - Ex-Scotland footballer - 3:06:26

wow
  • Options
    I saw Katherine Jenkins yesterday when i was there. She is fit...
  • Options
    nope, Whizz Kidz.
    Any Addicks spot Christian en route?
    That's really impressive, he was probably in the green start with me but I'm hopeless at recognising well-known people.