Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1 - 0 To the Homeowner

Comments

• Options
    Just thought I'd throw this out there....................BEWARE OF THE DOG..........signs are looked at as announcing your dog will bite and could find you in bother if it does.
    However, MY DOG CAN MAKE THE FENCE IN 3 SECONDS is classed as humourous, but is obviously a warning.
    Incidently Bailey does in two. ;)
  • Options
    Smiffy well done and all that , but how the heck do you have a 18 inch bike , were your family in that movie , 'Honey i shrunk the kids' ?
  • Options
    Double thumbs up to you sir!
  • Options

LenGlover said:

In this shithole of a country the law is loaded in favour of the burglar or trespasser so YOU could well be the one in trouble despite being the victim of these scumbags!

Anti-vandal paint is allowed, with proper notification, from what I can see.

http://www.protectingyourself.co.uk/using-barbed-wire-glass-intruder-prevention-methods.html

Best solution is prickly bushes as they are "natural"

Is there a way we can blame the EU though Len?

Come on mate, you must be able to pin this on the Brussels bureaucrats somehow....:)
    Not sure if we can directly Ormy but there may be an indirect link via the Council of Europe and human rights. I'll need to research :-)

You might be interested as an aside to learn that the Council of Europe was why Cameron got his knickers in a knot over homosexual marriage though. France and Germany are going through similar.

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=83659

and

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=83592
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

In this shithole of a country the law is loaded in favour of the burglar or trespasser so YOU could well be the one in trouble despite being the victim of these scumbags!

Anti-vandal paint is allowed, with proper notification, from what I can see.

http://www.protectingyourself.co.uk/using-barbed-wire-glass-intruder-prevention-methods.html

Best solution is prickly bushes as they are "natural"

Is there a way we can blame the EU though Len?

Come on mate, you must be able to pin this on the Brussels bureaucrats somehow....:)
    Not sure if we can directly Ormy but there may be an indirect link via the Council of Europe and human rights. I'll need to research :-)

You might be interested as an aside to learn that the Council of Europe was why Cameron got his knickers in a knot over homosexual marriage though. France and Germany are going through similar.

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=83659

and

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=83592
    Superb! You are a formidable operator, sir!
  • Options
    Hope you didn't do too much damage!

To your car or the bikes.
  • Options
    Trained my dog to attack on command...no sign needed.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Just thought I'd throw this out there....................BEWARE OF THE DOG..........signs are looked at as announcing your dog will bite and could find you in bother if it does.
    However, MY DOG CAN MAKE THE FENCE IN 3 SECONDS is classed as humourous, but is obviously a warning.
    Incidently Bailey does in two. ;)

Following on from the above by my mate @TCE. If you put "Beware of the dog" as a sign you are still liable as TCE said, however if you put a sign up (as we have) that reads "Dogs running free" then you are protected because it is seen as an advice that dogs are free and hence are liable to protect their territory! Funny how words can change liability!! and with 5 GSD's we need to ensure any scrotum that fancies their chances needs to understand what they maybe taking on!!
  • Options
    MIA sorry 18 inches is a bit small but my boy is only 6 and on the small size it one of the first size bikes u can get.

Guinnessaddick luckily I missed the bikes and the car only suffered a minor dent to the wing but worth it and I did smile when I looked at it earlier.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Smiffy...the Internet makes this a very small world, and saying there's a dent in your car is not good...not condemning your actions, just saying be careful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

...I imagine a small sign is all the is required legally to cover you.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's right. Who's to say they can read?
  • Options
    Reminds me about when someone nicked my bike... Not that I ever used it but it was the principle of the thing that somebody had stolen it that pissed me off... So there I was a few months later driving along when I spotted it bring ridden by this cocky skinhead yoof weaving from side to side down the road... I put my foot down and swung the car in front of him stopping him dead in his tracks, jumped out if the car, ran round and grabbed him and said where did you get this bike, it was stolen out of my garden...it all happened so quickly he was in shock and said it was his brothers bike but i could see on his face that it was moody before he added He didn't know where his brother got it from... Which was about the same time that I realised it wasn't my bike so i said ok, let him go, jumped back in my car and drove off... I reckon it was nicked though and had visions of him going home and giving his brother a slap for dropping him in it...
  • Options
    Shame you never caught them all...
  • Options

Be careful with the gripper rod. Surprised a copper told you to do this - there are plenty of legal precedents that say you can't use glass, nails, barbed wire etc on fences in case a trespasser cuts themselves on it (I'm not kidding - look it up). When we were burgled a few years ago, I told the copper I was putting broken glass on my single storey extension to stop it happening again - he seriously advised against it.

If I ever caught some little c*** nicking anything out of my property or garden I'd kill him - no question about it. Bollocks to the consequences

Have you ever been to Liverpool? They use broken glass on all there walls.
  • Options

Be careful with the gripper rod. Surprised a copper told you to do this - there are plenty of legal precedents that say you can't use glass, nails, barbed wire etc on fences in case a trespasser cuts themselves on it (I'm not kidding - look it up). When we were burgled a few years ago, I told the copper I was putting broken glass on my single storey extension to stop it happening again - he seriously advised against it.

If I ever caught some little c*** nicking anything out of my property or garden I'd kill him - no question about it. Bollocks to the consequences

Have you ever been to Liverpool? They use broken glass on all there walls.
    I remember as a kid it used to be quite common to see broken glass on top of walls/fences to stop intruders!
  • Options
    There's some real scum in this world I'm afraid who can't be bothered to work and steal instead.,
    I would do the same to any lowlife I found on my property trying to steal my possesions that I've worked my bollocks of for.
    There's a few round our way who are wrong uns but up to now have kept away for the last few years ,word soon gets round .

• Options
    Never thought at the time to run them down(i meant block then off,but they than into to me!). Knackered me out all that running!
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

I was on my way home from work this morning driving down my road at 4.40 a few houses from my house when 3 scum bags about 18-20 come walking off my drive with my 11 and 6 yr olds bikes from the back garden, so I did the right thing put my foot down mounted the pavement with two wheels and managed to hit and send one off the little fuckers flying I jumped out and managed to get two good punches on a second one leaving him with a bloodied face before they fled one looking like he was in serious pain and I got the bikes back. I was fuming how dare they little bastards climb my fence into my garden and steal my children's bikes, not even adults bikes but kids bikes one only being 18inches high. I've been carpet shop today and bought gripper rod and nailed that to the top of the fence incase anyone else wishes to try and climb over, I got that idea off of a police officer up the school this morning when I told him what happened.

can I sit next to you on the 16th?
  • Options
    Also let's just say after we caught him he moved away,very very shortly after never returned,his mother says its was the best thing that could have happened to him ,as the courts 15 pound fines to be paid back at a pound a week were doing no good! His mum actually praised us! As now 4 years on he's apparently turning his life around and has a job?
  • Options
    Nice work Smiffy but just be careful and keep an eye out in case they come back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    watch out for revenge, expect it even, maybe get a hidden camera or two in place and/or keep the house watched in the early hours for the next week or so.
  • Options
    I think that it's very unlikely that people that stole your bikes are about to go to the Police to complain. They would have to be very stupid to do that. Let's hope that they think twice before they try to steal from anyone else.

• Options
    Remind me not to upset you smiffyboy
  • Options

Reminds me about when someone nicked my bike... Not that I ever used it but it was the principle of the thing that somebody had stolen it that pissed me off... So there I was a few months later driving along when I spotted it bring ridden by this cocky skinhead yoof weaving from side to side down the road... I put my foot down and swung the car in front of him stopping him dead in his tracks, jumped out if the car, ran round and grabbed him and said where did you get this bike, it was stolen out of my garden...it all happened so quickly he was in shock and said it was his brothers bike but i could see on his face that it was moody before he added He didn't know where his brother got it from... Which was about the same time that I realised it wasn't my bike so i said ok, let him go, jumped back in my car and drove off... I reckon it was nicked though and had visions of him going home and giving his brother a slap for dropping him in it...

that's really made me laugh !
  • Options
    theres too much of this anti-homeowner bollocks, i think that if someone enters youre property with the intention of stealing or any other criminal act, a shotgun should be taken and shoot the fuckers leg off woulnt do it again would they.

• Options

theres too much of this anti-homeowner bollocks.

Agreed, I think if you're engaging in a criminal act, anything that happens is your own fault - if you're not breaking in where you shouldn't, you wouldn't get cut by broken glass etc, and so, basically, tough.
  • Options
    do what you need to do. If ur nicked go to trial and get 12 homeowners on the jury.
  • Options
    Well done Smiffyboy , fcking scroates deserve everything they get .
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Spot on GH. Probably wont' come to that tho'

• Options
    I remember the Aussie government getting in on this ticket.