Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Boiler installers on here?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Its the motorised valve, I have this exact problem currently. Gave the valve a couple of gentle taps. It started working so put the system into heating only. Just need to pull a ceiling down to get it fixed properly !!
  • Options
    you can replace just the zone valve head, usually they are a honeywell valve as long as you can isolate the electric its a pretty easy job. just make sure you put the wires back in the same terminals, can be a bit tricky as usually a lot of cables going to the same point, the zone valve can be opened manually by pulling the lever across and hooking it up as a temporary fix.
  • Options
    Cheers all, I'll try to locate the zone valve head this afternoon. I think the thermostat is OK because the boiler does react when I turn on the heating, just not with heat. Saying that, it is an old wireless dreyton thermostat but it seems to be communicating ok.
  • Options
    This might be a stupid question but where is the valve usually kept? Had a look round airing cupboard etc.

Cheers
  • Options
    Lurker said:

This might be a stupid question but where is the valve usually kept? Had a look round airing cupboard etc.

Cheers

Near the pump.
  • Options

Lurker said:

Cheers

Near the pump.
    It should look something like this:

• Options
    I can't even locate the pump. Think I need an engineer..
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Had this with the drayton at mine last month, all that needed doing was changing the battery in the wireless thermostat. Called the engineer out and all he did was swap a double A battery. Felt a right plonker.
  • Options
    @Lurker you dont have a combi boiler do you? as if you did there aren't any external controls ( pumps, zone valves etc ), feel free to inbox and ill help where i can the name of the boiler is enough for me to tell you what type of system you have.
  • Options
    Have you looked on the "How old is the person you had sex with first" thread. A few boiler installers on there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    EastStand said:

Had this with the drayton at mine last month, all that needed doing was changing the battery in the wireless thermostat. Called the engineer out and all he did was swap a double A battery. Felt a right plonker.

Cheaper than the usual call out charge
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Power it down/up.
    This formula can be applied to most modern day appliances and saves on having to fondle an engineers genitalia