Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Boiler installers on here?

Please in inbox me as i have a job needing doing

Ta

Comments

• Options
    I hear that Golfie has got some pretty recent experience with boilers - old ones.
  • Options
    Bum bum tit..
  • Options
    Raz/Lifers: I also need a boiler servicing in Orpington. Can anyone recommend somebody reliable and non-expensive?
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Raz/Lifers: I also need a boiler servicing in Orpington. Can anyone recommend somebody reliable and non-expensive?

Try Beesleys centralheatingorpington.com/. Very efficient. Get loads of recommendations on Which? Local.
  • Options
    What you having done. I am for my sins the manager of a plumbers merchant
  • Options
    found a chap on here installing new boiler today
  • Options
    Very impressed by the shortage of boiler-servicing jokes on this thread.

And a bit disappointed.
  • Options
    If he's any good razil can you send him my way. Just for a service for the moment tho.

thanks.
  • Options
    Over to you Shag.....
  • Options
    All this work and i'm retired .Bugger
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry just seen this............. My boys a plumber, I've dropped him a text.
  • Options
    Hi lifers, fitted a new boiler for razil today.If anyone else on here needs any boiler, plumbing or gas work done please inbox me.Good rates for fellow charlton fans.Cheers.
  • Options
    Need a new boiler and got 2 companies one suggests Worcester and the other Glow Worm. Are they both decent quality? Any advice appreciated.
  • Options
    I went with a WorcesterBosch boiler on the recommendation of British Gas.
  • Options
    Kent plumbing solutions 07767247365 say callum gave you the number free quote give him a ring
  • Options
    Just had a new one done , the guy was brilliant , comes from the Plumstead area , inbox me of you want his number, have also had him fit new rads , and he's also quoting for a new bathroom , and he's been to Charlton a few times!
  • Options
    Nug said:

Need a new boiler and got 2 companies one suggests Worcester and the other Glow Worm. Are they both decent quality? Any advice appreciated.

worcestor viessmann or vaillaint are the only boilers worth having gloworm and vaillaint are owned by the same company, worcester are good but are an absolute bastard to service.
  • Options
  • Options
    About 5 years ago British effing Gas quoted £3,200 for a Valliant boiler and the installation etc. The Boiler was a £899 job, I asked the bloke what the other £2300 was for, and he had the cheek to say 'the control panel' (about £50).
    In the end my boiler man took out my old one, put in a Worcester Bosh, between 8am and 2pm and the bill was £1600.
  • Options
    In defence of BG, something I am normally loathe to do, they do a very thorough job including the all important system clean, and adding inhibitor to the system. They also fit a highly effective magnet which traps bits of rust and stops them entering and blocking up the boiler. Cheaper guys will usually omit these steps and your boiler life can be considerably shortened as a consequence. I think BG also give quite a good post fit warranty. Vaillant and Worcerster top the reliance league tables.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've always found Zens of Dartford good for old boilers
  • Options

For a good time call?

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Is that the same place as Flicks?

• Options
    Had a Vaillaint fitted a couple of years ago and it's been good as gold. Wasn't cheap but think it's going to be worth the outlay.
  • Options
    Nug said:

BIG_ROB said:

God knows pal
  • Options
    Nug said:

BIG_ROB said:

Yes
  • Options
    The best old boilers were at T's
  • Options
    I recently had a boiler and radiators installed by a young fitter who lives in Charlton. He was a superb worker - fast and efficient, courteous and considerate - and his charges were quite modest. Send me a PM if you need his number.
  • Options
    Apologies for digging up an old thread but my boiler will heat water but not the radiators. It makes a noise like it's doing something but the status code says it's not being asked for heating.

Anyone had anything like this / able to recommend anyone in the eltham area?

Cheers
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Apologies for digging up an old thread but my boiler will heat water but not the radiators. It makes a noise like it's doing something but the status code says it's not being asked for heating.

Anyone had anything like this / able to recommend anyone in the eltham area?

Cheers

If it's heating the water, then the boiler is working. Check the thermostat for the heating, it may need the battery changed if it has an LCD. Could also be the motorised value not opening, you manually do this.