Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dorian Dervite Today

What the fcuk does Dervite bring to our team, he is a bloody centre half, either him or pritch should have gone off at half time, yes Stevo weren't having his greatest game but we need someone who came play with the ball at his feet, and taking Waggy off, that down it for me, it's all too easy to drop or sub him, can't get my head around why.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    And there was me worried I was going to have to go mental at you for having a go at Yann.

edit: Thread title changed.
  • Options
    Cant remember one completed pass from him.

Shit
  • Options
    I remember him getting rid of the ball and breaking up a fair few attacks though.

In my mind at half time I expected either Dervite<->Fuller, and a switch to 441, or Wagstaff<->Haynes, as Haynes can play down the left and offers more end product with his finishing.

Was pretty surprised to see Stephens was gone though; that said I don't think Stephens was up to his best in the first half - whereas I think Dervite actually provided some decent cover for the defence.
  • Options
    loooool :D

Dervite's limited. I thought he defended well today, that's his job.
  • Options
    Change the thread title no need for that.

He should have gone off instead of Dale, he can't play in a 4 man midfield.
  • Options
    shut up
  • Options
    Dervite was pretty poor when it came to passing the ball around, though let's be fair who in this team is good at that? Defensively I thought he did well, thus offering more than Stephens did this match.
  • Options
    Did no worse than the rest. Stephens was poor today. At least DD heads the ball.

• Options
    Awaiting the first scapegoat comment.

He was complete chuff today as were a lot of them
  • Options
    he was shit end off, and we might as well play Taylor instead of Jackson and really shut up shop.At the end of the day due to work and finance I can't go away games and at home we are toilet end of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    won a few headers in first 20 mins ,covered some defensive mistakes.he did ok.
  • Options
    If you think Dervite was worse than Stephens you need help. Atleast he broke a few attacks up. Stephens gave the ball away 6 times and his first forward pass to a Charlton player came on 29 minutes.
  • Options
    stevo was just as bad I give you that but no worse than Dervite and Pritch, but has the ability to change a game, Dervite is a centre play him there if you want to but not in midfield at home, taking Waggy off is as someone said to me is a all to easy option used all the time.
  • Options
    Agree with Henry and Alan dugdale. Dervite looked out of his depth today but with the exception of Stephens was no worse than the others.
  • Options
    but surely you need to press the ball at home not sit there and say come to me, sorry but it's far too negative.
  • Options
    Stephens could have played till midnight and still wouldn't have changed the game.
  • Options

Stephens could have played till midnight and still wouldn't have changed the game.

Could have scored an own goal!!!!

• Options

That would mean him being on the pitch alone for about seven hours. Doubt he would have looked good even then.

• Options
    But we were down to 10 so were expecting an assult. DD is a defender than Dale.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    with all due respect you need somebody who can if necessary play a pass if needed, I don't disagree that Stevo had a poor first half, but if you are down to ten men hoofing it forward to nobody isn't the answer, I stated at half time I thought either Pritch or Dervite should go off and bring Fuller on and go to a flat 441. But even then to take Waggy off when we need to chase the game at 1-0 down cheeses me off as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Abysmal today
  • Options
    Don't think its ridiculous to say he was worse than Stephens, he gave the ball away just as much.

The thing that frustrated me about him today is that he *never* took a touch and trapped the ball before attempting a pass, he tried to hit every one first time. He is simply not good enough to pull that off.

I have no problem with having a water carrier in the side who breaks play up and lays it off, but giving the ball away as a defensive midfielder is more costly than the errors Stephens was making further up the pitch.
  • Options
    I don't think we've had a thread slagging him off before, so that's another name I can tick off the list.
  • Options
    just stating a opinion which I thought this site was for Offy
  • Options
    Stephens may give the ball away a few yards further upfield but he's given several goals away this season. Playmaker ? He takes too long on the ball
  • Options
    no he doesn't maybe the movement is so poor he has no options, he is our most creative player bar none.
  • Options

just stating a opinion which I thought this site was for Offy

What was I doing then?
  • Options

no he doesn't maybe the movement is so poor he has no options, he is our most creative player bar none.

God help us if that's true.

• Options
    His passing was dreadful today, put in one decent cross and that was about it.
  • Options
    The whole of the midfield today were rubbish, any one could have gone at half time (or any time come to that).