Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play-offs....still in with a shout???

We are currently 8 points off them. Who fancies us to sneak in there?

Personally I dont think we will, if we won those 4 games before Leicester we would be in there already, but we didnt.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    See what happens, i doubt it but you never know its not impossible
  • Options
    The Charlton way is to now go on a run, get into a position where a win over Millwall will get us into 6th, then lose the next 4 and be back down around mid table
  • Options
    Lol one win and we start dreaming again! As much as I'd love us too, can't see it happening
  • Options
    No but that is the joy of Football, always that little bit of hope.

Delighted if we finish in our current postion and above Millwall though.
  • Options

Lol one win and we start dreaming again! As much as I'd love us too, can't see it happening

This. Just knew a thread would start about the play offs after last night.

• Options
    Ha ha last week there was a thread about whether or not we'd go down.

Still think we'll finish 10-14th and i'd be very happy with that.
  • Options
    I meant it's not impossible, but cant edit :(

Still jumping the gun to even suggest it and i would be more then happy with a 10-13th Finish, anything better is a bonus
  • Options
    give over.

mid table and im delighted about it.
  • Options
    Nope not good enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nolly gets it
  • Options
    nolly said:

Nope not good enough

We are good enough, just too late.

• Options
    No. Even if Boro continue sliding, we'd still have to overtake one of Leicester or Brighton, never mind the likes of Forest and Blackburn
  • Options
    Lose a game - cue a relegation thread.
    Win a game - ditto play offs.
  • Options
    er................no!
  • Options
    If Haynes stays fit.

If Pritchard starts scoring

If Hamer stops flapping

If Powell turns out to be a good manager not a naive clueless tactically no-nothing clown who needs to be sacked ASAP as SOME people were saying he was three days ago

If we get a lot of luck/rub of the green

Then we might finish 7th

: - )
  • Options
    At the start of the season I would of taken a 12th place finish. Still would.
  • Options
    No to play-offs and no to the big R.

Stick the tank in neutral and cruise in around midtable, sneak into the top half would be lovely.

Middling in a division in which we must be hovering around the relegation zone, if not in it in budgetary terms.

A fantastic effort.
  • Options
    48 hours ago and some thought we'd get relegated - now apparently we are in with a shout of promotion.

We aren't consistent enough to get into the play-offs and aren't able to sneak ladt minute wins/draws. That said we aren't going down either.
  • Options
    er.................no; capable of winning every game BUT also capable of losing every game too! We are about where we should be, though any sort of about-average home form and it could have been a more positive response to the question. Maybe next season, if we can buy a couple of 'good-uns', keep Solly, maintain the fitness of Wiggins, Haynes and Fuller, we could hit the ground running and push on again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Stop with the hyperbole... We'd have to go on a run as good or better than any we had last season, whilst as people say if we lose to Forest everyone will be going on about the trapdoor again.

We're pretty much safe so enjoy each game for what it is and hope we smash the Spanners in a few weeks.
  • Options
    If next season we can get ourselves in winning positions at home like we have recently this season, but stop giving away silly late goals, we could easily finish top 7. Especially if we keep up our away form....
  • Options
    Someone needs to create a Charlton Life 'fickle' barometer.
  • Options
    Surely a tongue in cheek post?!
  • Options

Surely a tongue in cheek post?!

Well they can keep their tongue firmly in their own cheek thankyou very much.

• Options
    It's certainly possible but we've left ourselves too much to do at this stage:

Cardiff - beat them at home
    Hull - only narrowly lost away
    Watford - beat them away
    palace - should've beaten them
    Leicester - beat them home and away

We are good enough on our day, we're just not consistent enough.
  • Options

Someone needs to create a Charlton Life 'fickle' barometer.

Or maybe a general Charlton fans one?

• Options
    Where we are now is hugely successful - anything more would be an incredible bonus
  • Options
    We were in a relegation fight with fear that Bradley Wright Phillips was going to be leapfrogging us in the Summer only 24 hours ago!
  • Options
    Don't you know the rules by now? Every time we win a game we are destined for the playoffs
    Draw - mid table
    Loss - we're getting relegated.