Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Movies you've seen but shouldn't have

Comments

• Much as I love the original Highlander film, I do think it's one film that might benefit from the current Hollywood trend of remakes. Let's face it, the special effects were crap, Christopher Lambert was a very unconvincing Scotsman and much as I love Seen Canary, he doesn't make for a convincing Egyptian! I'd keep Clancy Brown though.
  • Pier Paolo Pasolini's Salo or 120 Days of Sodom. Really, really wish I hadn't seen that.
  • Debie does Animal farm
  • The good Shepherd .........
  • 20 minutes of Green Street 2 (even lacked the unintentional comedy value of the first one)

Some film about a man getting dragged into the air by a hot air balloon then falling.

Anything with that talentless feck Adam Sandler that I've had the misfortune to witness.
  • Eraserhead

It's not a film, its a form of punishment.
  • went to see Woddy Allen's "everthing you wanted to know about sex, but were afraid to ask" at Well Hall Odeon.

Let's just say it wasn't one of his best.
  • star wars Episode 1.

for the reasons this guy gives in his 70 minute review of the film...

http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-this-70-minute-video-review-of-star-wars-the-phantom-menace/
  • Rizzo said:

Much as I love the original Highlander film, I do think it's one film that might benefit from the current Hollywood trend of remakes. Let's face it, the special effects were crap, Christopher Lambert was a very unconvincing Scotsman and much as I love Seen Canary, he doesn't make for a convincing Egyptian! I'd keep Clancy Brown though.

Remake has been in development hell for a number of years. Personally I like all the idiosyncrasies you've pointed out. It is also one of the few old films which I think has had a great hd conversion job.
  • Quite a few mentioned I have quite liked, but only one I would take anyone to task about - The History Boys - great film, sorry AUN you need to move south before its too late... ;-)

Not counting films I have seen bits of and just know I won't like - Jason Statham, Vin Deisel, Chuck Norris, Stephen Segal etc. I gave up on Cheaper by the Dozen after fifteen minutes, despite being a big Steve Martin fan. Two I have actually sat through in the cinema because the wife wanted to see them were 40 days of night and Final Destination 5 - total plop.
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:

Death at a Funeral. Recommended by a mate but didnt make me laugh once.

The British one or the American one?

• @Algarveaddick - both my missus and myself couldn't get past 25 minutes of History Boys. On the other hand, I thought 40 Days Of Night was excellent not least because Melissa George was in it.

Different strokes for different folks :o)
  • @Algarveaddick - both my missus and myself couldn't get past 25 minutes of History Boys. On the other hand, I thought 40 Days Of Night was excellent not least because Melissa George was in it.

Different strokes for different folks :o)

Mmmm yessss...

;-)
  • "The Road" sounded great, great cast, suicidally depressing. Agree with "Pineapple Express", Seth Rogan seriously painful. "Dusk till Dawn", loved the cast and the director what the hell happened, maybe I need to watch it again?
  • analholics
  • aliwibble said:

IdleHans said:

Death at a Funeral. Recommended by a mate but didnt make me laugh once.

The British one or the American one?

The british one.
  • "The Road" sounded great, great cast, suicidally depressing. Agree with "Pineapple Express", Seth Rogan seriously painful. "Dusk till Dawn", loved the cast and the director what the hell happened, maybe I need to watch it again?

The Road,I read the book and saw the film and hated both of them. I still dont understand why people thought them masterpieces.
  • I liked the Road but had to watch something else after, just to cheer my self up.

• Easy one this, first hour of Twilight on TV, while I did my best to ignore it and play Football Manager. Nothing happened. At all. There was a girl at a school and she spent an hour deciding there was something strange about the boy at school (when he was obviously a vampire).

Then they ran around in the words and he shouted at her that he was a vampire.

Then I made the Mrs switch it off.
  • Easy one this, first hour of Twilight on TV, while I did my best to ignore it and play Football Manager. Nothing happened. At all. There was a girl at a school and she spent an hour deciding there was something strange about the boy at school (when he was obviously a vampire).

Then they ran around in the words and he shouted at her that he was a vampire.

Then I made the Mrs switch it off.

did you get to the baseball bit? they can only play it when there is a thuderstorm because of how much noise they make when they hit the ball. only action in the whole film.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2013
    Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16_8l0yS-g
  • Requiem for a Dream, depressed me for days
  • tom- k said:

Requiem for a Dream, depressed me for days

great film though.
  • Marley and Me. Made me cry.
  • The good Shepherd .........

If that's the one about the CIA with Matt Damon in it then I totally agree.
    If it's not, then I've no idea what you're talking about.
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still. Keanu Reeves version. Comolete guff.
  • May I add 10,000 BC to this thread? Utter, utter toss. Avoid.
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still. Keanu Reeves version. Comolete guff.

Agreed, i spent most of the film thinking should i turn this off but worried it might suddenly get good.
  • Turkey Shoot
  • Amityville Horror or Any American horror film that's in a house and the family end up getting haunted. All 'based on true events' of course.

Absolute bollocks.