Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall at Barnsley tonight

Comments

• Options
    Swansea at Sunderland
  • Options
    2 wins in 4 days for Bristol City, what was looking a hopeless situation suddenly looks possible...
  • Options
    Apparently Swansea had 193 at Sunderland

Although to be fair that's a very long journey, it was live on tv and they're probably saving up for Wembley tickets/travel
  • Options
    Millwall will win the next Barnsley match which will be the quarter final of the fa cup after they've overcome Luton and mk respectively.

*feels sick that they are that close to wembley.
  • Options
    161 spanners at Barnsley

Where does that rank on your excel spreadsheet for championship away supports ooh aah?
  • Options

161 spanners at Barnsley

Where does that rank on your excel spreadsheet for championship away supports ooh aah?

They still took the piss though.
  • Options

161 spanners at Barnsley

abysmal ..... even at our lowest ebb we can't compete with that, 183 at oldham the smallest i can find in recent years , when we finished 13th in league one

• Options
    What is the lowest away following (of any club) at championship level on your records?

• Options
    lol i only have our old programmes , so keep the last home game of the season one handy for our numbers
  • Options
    I text Doyley last night, Millwall have only got about 150 at Barnsley, he said Ooaah would be creaming over that. I text him, where do you think I got those numbers from? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you look at that picture again, those slimey fackers have put their jackets over the seats to 'pad out' the numbers in the away end im sure!
  • Options
    just out of interest how many did we take blackburn?
  • Options
    Just over 400
  • Options
    so true plaaaayer

411we had at blackburn
  • Options
    The season in League One which Norwich won and we went out in the play offs to Swindon, there were 10 instances where the away following were less than 100, the lowest being 45 Stockport at Gillingham. Gillingham also took 78 to Hartlepool.
  • Options
    I seem to recall Walsall bringing about 50 odd down to us on a Sunday game when they were bottom of the league. Somehow they ran out 1-0 winners!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    cafctom said:

I seem to recall Walsall bringing about 50 odd down to us on a Sunday game when they were bottom of the league. Somehow they ran out 1-0 winners!

Awful, awful match that was.

Worse than the game a few weeks later when Parky lost his job.
  • Options
    It was absolutely dreadful. I seem to remember the crowd, the players, everyone just seemed so lethargic and out of sorts.
  • Options
    That was a Sunday game due to us playing Luton live on espn on a Thursday . Awful game
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It was absolutely dreadful. I seem to remember the crowd, the players, everyone just seemed so lethargic and out of sorts.

Walsall had no ambition at all but we had even less and you could visibly see the confidence grow in the Walsall players as they realised they could get something out of the match.

We in our turn defended even deeper offering virtually nothing other than a hopeful hoof as attack and sure enough the inevitable happened.

One of those matches when, because it was a Sunday, it involved a lot of effort to get there and you wonder why you bothered!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Hartlepool came down on a tuesday night a couple seasons back.
    Must've been about 100 there
  • Options
    To be fair this game was originally scheduled for last Saturday, but obviously got moved earlier this month due to progressing in the cup. So not many would've budgeted in the longest month of the year for a rescheduled Tuesday night to Barnsley after going to the FA Cup game Friday night.

(however, if we had all budgeted we wouldn't have taken many more anyway, can't be many more uninspiring away games)
  • Options
    we've seen some crackers on here for poor away turnout excuses, but 'longest month of the year' is probably the greatest.

Take a bow SLL :-)
  • Options

we've seen some crackers on here for poor away turnout excuses, but 'longest month of the year' is probably the greatest.

Take a bow SLL :-)

Was it signing on day?
  • Options
    114 Walsall had for above mentioned game and Hartlepool 111
  • Options
    Thirty days hath September,
    April, June and November;
    February has twenty eight alone
    All the rest have thirty-one
    Except in Leap Year, that's the time
    When February's Days are twenty-nine
    And January which has fifty six....

• Options
    October is the longest month of the year.
  • Options
    The number of tickets sold is definitely more than the actual people that go sometimes.
    That Hartlepool night game there couldn't of been more than 50 people in the stand, same with Walsall, had three mates that made up the support at Barnsley last night and one of them said there was definitely no more than 100.
  • Options
    These days, I wouldn't go to Barnsley on a Tuesday night if you paid me!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Swansea at Sunderland

To be fair to Swansea they filled that lower tier....