Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Irish council approves motion to allow drink driving.

2»

Comments

• Options

Like I said - seriously? You're demeaning an entire nation of people on one bullshit story in the Daily Mail, that has already been exposed as being part of a stupid attempt by an idiot councillor to appease a few muppets and has no chance in Hell of actually entering the legislature?

I mean - look at it objectively for a second. I'm making the assumption that you're English here (but this applies equally to whatever country you hail from). Because of your inability to distinguish between 'there' and 'their', I could automatically infer that all English people are illiterate morons. I don't, though - because I know it to be untrue.

You could use this aide memoire to help you:

All Penguins are black and white
    All Penguins are birds
    Therefore all birds are black and white

That's clearly patent nonsense, right?

You see where this is going?

Not wishing to split hairs Leroy pal, but the story was in The Guardian as well as The Mail, of which I read neither @SheffieldRed pal! ; )
  • Options

When I first came to Oz in 1997 I went to a mates house in a place called Redland Bay, halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

His brother-in-law was a copper and popped round one Friday night with his partner - they were both on duty and driving the squad car - and stayed for about two hours and downed beer, red wine and Bundy and Coke - they would have been well, well over the limit.

They ignored several 'call outs' on their radios and just carried on drinking, I was sitting there wondering what the hell was going on, if I had not been sitting there watching it I would not have believed it.

After all that, with their shift due to end at about midnight, they jumped in the squad car and drove back to the station although not before my mate's BIL had come over and shook my hand and said, "You wouldn't want a copper as an enemy would you?" I didn't.

The copper in question is now a down-and-out and drinking himself to death with the Aboriginies in Alice Springs.

The Australian version of Phil and Nige from Early Doors.
  • Options
    But didnt they get into trouble for not answering any call outs on the radio? Hopefully they didnt get away with it for too long.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

But didnt they get into trouble for not answering any call outs on the radio? Hopefully they didnt get away with it for too long.

I think that they're off duty at the time B
  • Options
    Crime won't crack itself.
  • Options

Like I said - seriously? You're demeaning an entire nation of people on one bullshit story in the Daily Mail, that has already been exposed as being part of a stupid attempt by an idiot councillor to appease a few muppets and has no chance in Hell of actually entering the legislature?

I mean - look at it objectively for a second. I'm making the assumption that you're English here (but this applies equally to whatever country you hail from). Because of your inability to distinguish between 'there' and 'their', I could automatically infer that all English people are illiterate morons. I don't, though - because I know it to be untrue.

All Penguins are birds

Yes English thank god, couldn't live with myself if i was part of that joke of a country.
  • Options

All Penguins are birds

Yes English thank god, couldn't live with myself if i was part of that joke of a country.
    WUM, ignore the troll.
  • Options
    siblers said:

I'm from the county in which this has been passed, this wont go anywhere as it will have to be approved by goverment which will never happen. The article failed to mention that it was something like 30 councillors who abstained to vote, they were too afraid of upsetting their electorate so abstained. Also the guy who passed this motion comes from a family of politicians who do a great job at filling potholes but can't do anything else. County Kerry is now little more than a laughing stock due to this joker.

I live in Kerry and no one takes this seriously, it won't happen but the Healey-Raes are able to say that they are promoting the interests of their constituency. The men living on remote farms who feel that the world is changing for the worse and forgetting them. There is a huge problem of rural isolation here that is leading to increases in mental health problems and suicide for older men.

There are publicans in Kerry who get round this by providing transport in to the pubs.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

They were on duty but every time a request 'to attend' a call out came in one of them would come up with some cock and bull story to HQ about how they were in pursuit of someone and could not attend the call-out, it was unbelievable.

Part of the problem is that the Police Unions in Oz, especially in Qld, are so strong that it is very, very hard to get sacked so they pretty much do as they please!

Up in Mackay a pair of coppers just got acquitted despite Tasering an unarmed bloke (he was mentally ill) with about 40 Taser shots which brought on a heart attack and killed him - they claimed that their Tasers 'malfunctioned' and they were acquitted.....

If any of you visit here you do NOT want to get on the wrong side of the Old Bill, they make the Met look like the South Clacton Pensioners Club.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

They were on duty but every time a request 'to attend' a call out came in one of them would come up with some cock and bull story to HQ about how they were in pursuit of someone and could not attend the call-out, it was unbelievable.

Part of the problem is that the Police Unions in Oz, especially in Qld, are so strong that it is very, very hard to get sacked so they pretty much do as they please!

Up in Mackay a pair of coppers just got acquitted despite Tasering an unarmed bloke (he was mentally ill) with about 40 Taser shots which brought on a heart attack and killed him - they claimed that their Tasers 'malfunctioned' and they were acquitted.....

If any of you visit here you do NOT want to get on the wrong side of the Old Bill, they make the Met look like the South Clacton Pensioners Club.
    That is outrageous!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here is the Taser story....

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/taser-death-was-callous-qld-family-20101101-179pe.html

.....the Old Bill tasered him 28 times, not 40! The recommended limit is 3 times.

The Old Bill were acquitted by the Coroner in November just gone.
  • Options
    Not a WUM guys just find Irish the most annoying people I have ever been around.
  • Options

Not a WUM guys just find Irish the most annoying people I have ever been around.

HaHa, When in a hole @Woodsywood pal!
  • Options
    Doesn't bother me mate we all have our opinions, I have a strong dislike to them and think they are a backward country
  • Options
    Shut up fella - you're making yourself look a mug.
  • Options
    I find it amazing that admin find silly reasons to ban people and shut threads but allow Woodsywood's onslaught on Ireland.
  • Options

I find it amazing that admin find silly reasons to ban people and shut threads but allow Woodsywood's onslaught on Ireland.

Maybe we should start a thread to ban Woodsywood and see how quick it gets shutdown. Or at least it might shut up his backward comments.

• Options

Maybe we should start a thread to ban Woodsywood and see how quick it gets shutdown. Or at least it might shut up his backward comments.

Agreed. I'm not impressed with this councillor and what's proposed, but that's not a reason to denigrate the rest of the country and its' people.

BackWoodsywood could do with getting out more and broadening his horizons.
  • Options

Doesne't bother me mate we all have our opinions, I have a strong dislike to them and think they are a backward country

you need to learn a bit more mate ...backward! You don't have a clue
  • Options
    Total bollox woodsy and your only saying it get people's backs up

It's working fella well done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Calm down ladies
  • Options
    Oh well, you achieved your aim and got some attention ...highlight of your day
  • Options
    Just my opinion sorry guys
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx8yNvBGtJw

This is better than the Kerry Councillors.