Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

End of Britain

Comments

• Options
    Jayajosh said:

I was told that if everyone in the country contributed £1,500 of their own money to the Gov coffers now then this would solve the debt problem. I can't help but think that this doesn't sound like a huge problem for us if that were true.

If it were true, it wouldn't be a huge problem. Unfortunately it's not true.

Total Govt. debt was £1.068 trillion at the end of October 2012. Assuming the UK population is 60 million, that's a total of £17,800 for each man, woman and child.

It's still not as bad as Moneyweek and others would have you think, but it is a large wedge.

• Options
    Jayajosh said:

I was told that if everyone in the country contributed £1,500 of their own money to the Gov coffers now then this would solve the debt problem. I can't help but think that this doesn't sound like a huge problem for us if that were true.

No I think that's wrong - I think it would be more like £15,000 even if you include kids etc. Family of 4 £60,000 - you going to start the wip round.

This then just pays off the existing debt and ignores the borrowing culture the state has got into so everyone has to chip in more each year

• Options
    That's to clear the debt, maybe the £1,500 per person brings it back to a manageable level?! Not sure, just a thought.

As for armageddon, I'd rather take my chances at getting caught out when it happens (which, let's face it, it won't) than waste my time worrying about it.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

The financial system has collapsed and they are only keeping it going by printing digital money not even printed on the toilet paper its printed on.

You do not seem confused at all. Enjoy the new house/bunker.

• Options

This is my last comment on this subject.

About as true as the rest of the rubbish you spout but we can all hope
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Good luck on your new venture Two Peter. Drop CL a line to let us know where you finally wind up.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

National debt is well north of £1trillion. That's over £17k per person, or perhaps more pertinently, around £39k per person in employment. So, you weren't quite given the right figure for what it would cost to repay it!
    It's supposed to cost each household £2k per year in interest alone! [Although the Bank of England holds around a quarter of the gilts (to back the note issue) and gets the interest on those securities. So, it makes quite a profit on them, which gets handed straight back to the Govt. So nothing is simple!]
  • Options
    edited January 2013

The financial system has collapsed and they are only keeping it going by printing digital money not even printed on the toilet paper its printed on.We are seeing currency wars already underway. The collapse will be sudden so an exit strategy will be tricky but thats up to the individual. Time line somewhere probably between 2014 and 2017. Just watch the Gold price for an early warning.This collapse is world wide so finding somewhere relatively safe is difficult.I wish you well. Real assets will be the only arbiter of value. I think remote rural locations in the UK are the safest bet if you are staying put. All my neighbours have a couple of shotguns and are the type of people you would want around in a crisis so thats another important consideration rather than be in a city with millions of headless chickens fighting for a loaf of bread.. This is my last comment on this subject.

Who said anything about the Government.

I'm moving out of the UK. Ive got my safe haven already planned.

Why do you have to be so rude is beyond me but thats your problem.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but here goes..........Buy farmland or a smallholding,self sufficiency in food,solar panels with battery backup , water borehole, poly tunnels, four large chest freezers for storing last years crop,back up generator,wood burning stove,become part of a local network of like minded people,and invest in hard money.I saw this 15 years ago coming and I've been able to help others who listened. The whole system is going down and they are not telling you the truth.The cities will be war zones with little or no police protection.So if you can relocate now to as remote a place you can and prepare do so .Also this is a wide world collapse so where ever you go it will be bad. Im not a doomsday nutter Im a level headed guy who thinks ahea

Posting the same bullshit twice doesn't ameliorate its bullshitness. As I said when you posted this tripe last year, what good will it do you living on a fam when, if what you say comes to pass, the government will steal it from you anyway, long before it gets to the state you're predicting?
    Genuine questions as I am interested in the thought behind your plan:

If you are emigrating imminently purely based upon a fear that civilization in the Uk is going to end how will you feel if it doesn't in your lifetime and you have given up things like friends, Charlton etc. I'd say the odds are stacked heavier against such a scenario than for it (mainly cos the UK population is generally to apathetic and comfortable to riot whilst X Factor is on)

If you are waiting for "signs" of the end of civilization here then what will they be? For example would the hoodrat riots the other summer have caused you to bail?

Or if you are waiting til it really looks like it is going tits up in an Escape from New York- esque meltdown then how are you going to travel outside the Uk as the planes/ ferries are unlikely to be operating?

Nicely swerved re not answering a single one of my questions but retorting with more scare mongering baseless opinion.

Cults use pretty similar tactics on the vulnerable sheepfolk they draw in.

A life without internet p0rn or Family Guy does not bear thought so I will take my chances in the cataclysm of modern Britain and hope that i don't end up regretting my decision when standing above a floored pensioner, pulling her gold fillings out of her gob with pliers in a desperate attempt to source enough new currency to allow me to buy rotten turnips.

Good luck though.

• Options
    Was that the same rubbish when Gold was £250 an ounce..... O yes I remember that rubbish.

• Options
    I liked Two Sheds - wished I'd taken his advice by investing in gold!

Some epic battles with poor old AnAppyAddick back in the day - a bit one sided to be fair, but amusing nonetheless...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eaststandpeter, you just became my new favourite poster.

Genuine nutter
  • Options

Eaststandpeter, you just became my new favourite poster.

Genuine nutter

He's not. He's an attention seeker, not a nutter.
  • Options

Was that the same rubbish when Gold was £250 an ounce..... O yes I remember that rubbish.

How sad. So much so "this is my last comment on the subject"

And how sad that you are proud of being Two Sheds but you aren't brave enough to use that username and admit that that is who you are.

Bye, bye now. Not going to feed your trolling anymore
  • Options
    Having two sheds is attention seeking in Kidbrooke
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Spending is coming down but debt is rising. That is because there is no growth due to everybody being frightened of losing their jobs and little or no pay rises for years and the situation in Europe and elsewhere. Still the British public voted for these mugs- oh hang on a minute, they didn't! Thanks Nick Clegg!

This government is happy to cut the armed forces and make people who have risked their lives for the country redundant but waste billions on the replacement for trident, which we don't need. If you need a missile deterrent, pay a lot less on something that may or not work - it has failed if you have to use it and the fact it might work will have the same detterent effect.

If we ever do suffer a nuclear attack, it will be through terrorists, who do you retaliate against with a missile? Stupid and says all you need to kow about politicians. Happier for soldiers - who we do need - to be shat on. That goes for all the working people in this country.
  • Options
    Austerity and shrinking economy = putting no coal on the fire. And wondering why it goes out.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The reason I can not post on here in my true log in name is because I can not log in.

In short I was prevented from posting by a malicious administrator.

Further more I am not attention seeking and I do not troll on here having only posted 80 times in one year mostly on innocuous subjects.

I have no need to be attention seeking as I am self sufficient and I live free with no debt and I wish the same for all common men.

If I help one person on here to understand the gravity of our situation well and good.As for the rest of the rude comments from some of the replies, I wish you well but I will have no sympathy for you when the SHTF.

As for the rest of the Charlton fans I am afraid for your future.

Remember Hosea

'my people perish through lack of knowledge"
  • Options
    The British public did vote for the Tories the single biggest party--- as for the Liberals this would be the mob Labour are licking their bollox to team up with !!

no worries the mugs who voted for 13 years of labour shit will vote em in next time,
  • Options

Having two sheds is attention seeking in Kidbrooke

I've got two sheds and a garden big enough to be self-sufficient. Am I a nutter too?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but here goes..........Buy farmland or a smallholding,self sufficiency in food,solar panels with battery backup , water borehole, poly tunnels, four large chest freezers for storing last years crop,back up generator,wood burning stove,become part of a local network of like minded people,and invest in hard money.I saw this 15 years ago coming and I've been able to help others who listened. The whole system is going down and they are not telling you the truth.The cities will be war zones with little or no police protection.So if you can relocate now to as remote a place you can and prepare do so .Also this is a wide world collapse so where ever you go it will be bad. Im not a doomsday nutter Im a level headed guy who thinks ahead.

Surely this should be in the new TV series thread? Sounds like something from the 70's by NJ Crisp.
  • Options
    Im afraid its not fiction its reality.
  • Options
    Sure, when is the first episode?
  • Options

Well you was right about the gold so I wont mock you on this one.
    You wont convince me to become a farmer though. I will become a thief, starting with your stuff.
  • Options
    Tomorrow
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    My Gold has long gone .Can you steal 250 acres? And if you turn up I will give you both barrels.

You wont convince me to become a farmer though. I will become a thief, starting with your stuff.
  • Options
    I'll nick anything me. I'm a little bit way, a little bit wooh.
  • Options

The reason I can not post on here in my true log in name is because I can not log in.

In short I was prevented from posting by a malicious administrator.

Further more I am not attention seeking and I do not troll on here having only posted 80 times in one year mostly on innocuous subjects.

I have no need to be attention seeking as I am self sufficient and I live free with no debt and I wish the same for all common men.

If I help one person on here to understand the gravity of our situation well and good.As for the rest of the rude comments from some of the replies, I wish you well but I will have no sympathy for you when the SHTF.

As for the rest of the Charlton fans I am afraid for your future.

Remember Hosea

'my people perish through lack of knowledge"

I agree to an extent. There's no way, it can continue to go on like it is.

As mentioned, Gold is the biggest indicator. Once gold loses value, the dollar loses value. The world economy will spiral.

The Middle East wars are simply about power of currency and commodities.

Research, and you shall find the reasons as to why Gaddafi was killed, Assad is being man hunted, and why Russia/China support Syria.

It's a fooked up world, but enjoy it whilst you are here! Especially by watching Charlton! COYR

• Options

My Gold has long gone .Can you steal 250 acres? And if you turn up I will give you both barrels.

I can steal from 250 acres and you can keep the beer barrels.
  • Options
    Just as a serious note to this comical dicsussion, in case there are any easily-impressionable youngsters reading this thinking that this nutnut might actually be onto something here; he isn't.

This inerudite fantasy of those 'in the know' shipping themselves off to smallholdings to live out their lives like Tom and Barbara Good whilst civilisation collapses in 'the cities' has been bandied around pretty much since the dawn of said civilisation. It's scaremongering bullshit, plain and simple - and here's why you don't need to worry about it.

Firstly, the world's economy is utterly screwed and always has been. It's just that, in the sheltered West, we've been largely inured to it by a string of expanisonist, globalist policies that have successively exploited more and more subjugated nations. It's true that these chickens are starting to come home to roost now, because there pretty much aren't any more nations left to exploit, and we're reaching the endgame in those countries who we've been robbing blind for the past fifty years - with a final course-correction at hand in China - who are now being held up as a 'model' economy (despite the fact that they are able to prosper on the back of a nation of about half a billion people who are little more than slaves). However, other than a long, slow, grinding readdressing of living standards in the West, there will be little change in the status quo over the short-term (10-15 years) in Britain, disregarding the inevitable dismantling of the welfare state, national health service and state pension.

Secondly, currency and the illusion of 'money' only exists as an artificial construct. At any time the government can print as much money as it wants, or take as much out of circulation as it wants. It's true that this just elevates sovereign debt, but as proven time and time again, there's always another generation around to take over the burden. Stop and think for a bit, instead of reacting in horror to some straw-man graphs, conveniently bent to illustrate one facet of a horridly complex economic situation. Can you really see the government just letting a load of banks fail? These fucks are in power to protect the interests of businesses - not ruin them. They know full well that any large-scale 'real' collapse of the banking industry would lead to utter anarchy (and I mean real anarchy - not just a bunch of posh student ponces chucking paint arounf in Maccy D's).

...But...

Just suppose, for a second, that the gleeful proclamations of the Back-To-The-Land-Survivalist-Loons came to pass, and we somehow ended up in the situation they claim is coming. What's the first thing that any government will attempt to do to restore some sort of order? Send the fucking army in to raze their smallholdings flat and annihilate anyone in their way. Somehow I can't see Peter's couple of sheds lasting that long against 20 Brimstones, and his double-barelled shotgun ain't gonna be a lot of cop against a platoon of the SAS who could take out fifteen blokes armed with a peanut and some harsh language.

Finally, if the financial situation DID collapse to the extent outlined above, there would be a global conflict within three months anyway, in which case you wouldn't WANT to survive it as everything would be fucked.

In short, carry on enjoying your celebrity diving, gossip mags, overpriced clothes and pointless gadgets. Nothing will happen - and if it does, you'll all be as fucked as each other - including the dribbling cretins living out US-style survivalist fantasies on Dartmoor.