Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ruud van Nistelrooy

He looks hilarious!!

Geniunely don't see how he can be accused of being racist though, he's doing a good deed for chairty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2258329/Ruud-Van-Nistelrooy-sparks-racism-row-blacking-Three-Kings-Day-visits-children-hospital.html

Comments

• Options
    yeah, let's forget he handed out presents to staff and sweets to kids.

sweet baby jesus, when will this madness end?
  • Options
  • Options
    Didn't the daily mail try and portray the Leeds lad that took "dressing up" as El Hadj Diouf a bit far the other week as racist ?
  • Options
    A quote from the article

'Dressing up as the kings is popular and this regularly involves ‘blacking up’.
    This kind of behaviour would generally be viewed as controversial in the UK whereas in Spain it seems completely normal and simple harmless fun.'
  • Options
    Its pretty convincing, i mean he looks like he is actually black.
  • Options
    I was Balthazar in my school play once. Can't remember what my gift was.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Myrrh, of course.

Its pretty convincing, i mean he looks like he is actually black.

Really?

• Options
    This will sadly be the sort of thing that only helps out the actual racists, as the most extreme lefties who actually don't represent proper liberals like myself will make a a big deal allowing the actual racists to start there "Political Correctness Gone Mad" nonsense.

Hopefully will be left as just something a little bit dodgy but meant in a good way that probably wouldnt happen in this country.

• Options
    Three Kings is the big Christmas / New Year celebration in Spain. I've been to many over the years in the village of Mijas and they always 'blacken' up. The Spanish don't see it as racist just tradition.
  • Options
    I hope the tiger fur is fake :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Addickted said:

I hope the tiger fur is fake :-)

According to The Mail it's a "Leopard print trim". Fcuking eejits don't even know the difference between leopards and tigers ffs!

What is it they say, a leopard can't change it's stripes ......
  • Options
    Frankly, the only racism is in the church having a blonde-haired blue-eyed light-skinned Jeez.
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks its racist is a fool
  • Options
    Off_it said:

A sarcastic remark?

• Options

Off_it said:

A sarcastic remark?

Oooo - I've obviously said something to offend you somewhere along the line!
  • Options
    Not really and if you have I've long forgotten about it, but you have to admit you do have a bit of a reputation for them, at least on here (it's not a criticism btw- I'm quite partial to a bit of sarcasm myself).
  • Options
    Oh really?!!!
    ;-)
  • Options
    I think its very Ruud. ; )
  • Options
    there is no such thing as Political Correctness its a figment of the ultra right or anyone who reads the Daily mail anyone who disagrees with this is a racist bigot
  • Options

there is no such thing as Political Correctness its a figment of the ultra right or anyone who reads the Daily mail anyone who disagrees with this is a racist bigot

Strange, the only people whoever seem to make a fuss about political coirrectness are right-wing twonks...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you were to actually ask one anyone who is supposedly 'offended' by this as to why exactly it is 'racist', there won't be much of a convincing answer I'm sure.
  • Options

Confused if that is meant as a joke as never quite sure if your account is a piss take of a stereotyped view of a Daily Mail reader?
  • Options
    Twonks ------you cant even think of your own words typical left wing sheeppppppppppppppppp baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Options
    Here we go - Salim Kerkar v Danny Green all over again!
  • Options

Twonks ------you cant even think of your own words typical left wing sheeppppppppppppppppp baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So that's a yes then.

Glad that is sorted.
  • Options
    Best not come to Holland on 2nd Saturday in November then,You will see lots of Black Peters ,who are ST Nicks little helpers handing out sweets to the children on the streets.Staint Nick and the Black Peters come out of Spain on steam boat.Its a dutch thing, just as Father Christmas comes to The UK.Van Nistelrooy was just dressing up in what is tradition,just as my wife has done nothing wrong in that.
  • Options
    really don't see the problem with him dressing up. this is just people looking for racism. since when was face paint racist? if i was to dress up as someone from that essex program, i'd probably orange up - not really offensive
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    edit
    wrong thread
  • Options

really don't see the problem with him dressing up. this is just people looking for racism. since when was face paint racist? if i was to dress up as someone from that essex program, i'd probably orange up - not really offensive

Except that Essex isn't really a race.
  • Options
    well if you want to look at it that way. I really wouldn't find it offensive if a black/any other race person painted themselves white if they for example decided to dress up as myself. I know this is a sensitive subject, and having any kind of opinion will always be frowned upon in some way or another. Also i don't think i ever read as much racist drivel as what you can find in the daily mail