Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away game train experts

2»

Comments

• Be careful folks it's a long shot but March 9th is the 6th Round of the FA Cup and Udders have Leicester at home in the 4th round so could still be involved.
  • Spanish said:

RedPanda said:

Got a Megaplus deal up there for £13 at fairly late notice last year, then just booked a train from Wakefield coming back.

Ended up alright, even if we did miss our train to Wakefield, try catch it in a taxi, end up in Doncaster then drunkenly got ourselves out of £100+ penalty fares.

Where / when can you get these'megaplus' deals. planning Hull
    If I remember rightly, most nights the London > Hull 19:10 train is £10 (without a railcard) this means spending a night out in Hull, which as bad as it sounds, can be pretty enjoyable. It's also probably cheaper to do that and find a cheap place to crash for the night than pay top-rate prices Saturday peak-time.
  • I went via Manchester, which saved about £30 last March
  • What times are they mate

Click on the megabus website, should the dates not be available yet you will not know the times as they do change from time to time
  • It's cup 6th round day and Huddersfield are still in the cup.

Worth thinking about but perhaps a trifle optimistic on Huddersfield's part!
  • Wanna get meself a nice new anorak, any advice or links? ; )
  • edited January 2013
    iaitch, cheers I can also get a kids return for £14.60, just gotta decide do I wait for their Fourth round result against Leicester
  • I see the Blackburn trains have shot up, a lot more than a yearly price rise. I got my return ticket for £37 just before Christmas, it is now £69! Mine does include a bus back from Blackburn to Preston to get a London train due to some issue. Could be a pain if large numbers travel. What am I thinking, we'll all get on the one bus!!
  • Gammysnr said:

I see the Blackburn trains have shot up, a lot more than a yearly price rise. I got my return ticket for £37 just before Christmas, it is now £69! Mine does include a bus back from Blackburn to Preston to get a London train due to some issue. Could be a pain if large numbers travel. What am I thinking, we'll all get on the one bus!!

That's not the annual price rise - it'll be because you got the "super advance" discount. Try buying on the day & you'll need a mortgage!
  • Gammy

The train companies issue advance tickets about 10/12 weeks ahead, these are discounted hebce the price you got, the nearer tha date of travel the prices go up.
  • Sponsored links:

• They surely should release more discounted tickets, especially if sales are poor. Airlines tend to lower prices if sales are poor, but train companies seem to do the opposite?
  • C_A_F_C said:

A day out to Huddersfield? Do you hate him?

Huddersfield's alright actually !!

• BIG_ROB said:

Wanna get meself a nice new anorak, any advice or links? ; )

Milletts
  • prices gone through the roof now and still Huddersfield are still in the cup, looks like it's going to have to be Barnsley or Boro away, but I reckon they will make Barnsley the sky game
  • Megabus saying that it is a combination of bus and train, anyone done this ?
  • Spanish said:

Megabus saying that it is a combination of bus and train, anyone done this ?

Yep, it works fine. The trains leaves St Pancras and you then change at East Midlands Parkway to continue the journey by coach, works perfectly
  • Anyone tell me the best site to look for cheap train tickets? Want to make the trip to the Valley for either the Bolton or Leeds game and National Rail are quoting £107rtn now which is the same as if I turned up at the station on the day. Thought cheaper if booked early?
  • Anyone tell me the best site to look for cheap train tickets? Want to make the trip to the Valley for either the Bolton or Leeds game and National Rail are quoting £107rtn now which is the same as if I turned up at the station on the day. Thought cheaper if booked early?

Where are you travelling from?
  • @ElfsborgAddick - sorry, departing York.
  • Sponsored links:

• Generally the discounted advance tickets are issued 10 to 12 week ahead.
  • Thanks for the info guys, will check properly from my laptop later. Think I could save a few sheckles :o) more beer tokens!
  • got mine a couple of weeks back couple of changes 31 a piece
  • got mine a couple of weeks back couple of changes 31 a piece

You took a chance on the game going ahead and it paid off, nice one