Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How have you celebrated your 'important' birthdays?

13»

Comments

• 21st : 29 May 68 Man Utd 4 Benfica 1. A few drinks at a mate's house watching the game and then out for a ruby

40th : 29 May 87 CAFC 2 Leeds 1 POF. Spent 3 hours on the phone to a long-distance g/f, and astonished to find afterwards that we'd beaten Leeds.
  • masicat said:

For my 40th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos the barmaid had big tits.

For my 50th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos it was good value.

For my 60th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos its nice and quiet.

For my 70th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos they have wheelchair access

For my 80th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos I hadn't been there before.

LOL excellent
  • 18th went down my local with 7 mates. My Dad gave me the same amount of money he'd spent hiring a hall etc, doing food, getting a DJ etc for my sister's 18th and we spent it all on drink, you can imagine the state we were all in. Top night.

21st I was at uni, went to pizza hut for their buffet then to laser quest! It had snowed the day before and that morning and when ee came out of laser quest there was loads so we all spent the next couple of hours having a snowball war and making snowmen. Then got smashed in Wetherspoons and went to Monday night student night in a club.

30th is 13 months away do not sure yet, but will have a 7 month year old to look after by then so maybe not as messy!
  • My 40th on the 25th this month will coincide with my engagement party... haven't a clue where but alcohol is bound to be involved. Any ideas for a good venue then gang??
  • masicat said:

For my 40th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos the barmaid had big tits.

For my 50th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos it was good value.

For my 60th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos its nice and quiet.

For my 70th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos they have wheelchair access

For my 80th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos I hadn't been there before.

See jokes thread :-

A group of four chaps who were at school together decide to have a reunion.

When they were 40, they couldn't decide where to go, but eventually chose the Seaview Restaurant as the waitresses wore short skirts and low cut tops.

When they were 50, they couldn't decide where to go, but eventually chose the Seaview Restaurant as it serves excellent food and has a good range of wines

When they were 60, they couldn't decide where to go, but eventually chose the Seaview Restaurant as the views to sea were excellent and the place was always quiet

When they were 70, they couldn't decide where to go, but eventually chose the Seaview Restaurant as the restaurant had lifts and a place for taxi rank right outside the door

When they were 80, they couldn't decide where to go, but eventually chose the Seaview Restaurant as none of them had been before
  • My 40th on the 25th this month will coincide with my engagement party... haven't a clue where but alcohol is bound to be involved. Any ideas for a good venue then gang??

Up the creek seems apt.

• Not an important one but my 17th birthday was the best - was on a Spanish 'work experience' trip, which basically meant about ten male and forty female 16-18 yr olds going out every night until 4, carrying on partying in the hotel, then managing to get into work for 9 and (for 5 of us) just having a chat with the bloke who ran a photography studio between his jobs and him taking us on tours around town to his favourite spots, restaurants, sights etc.

Had an amazing week, then it was my birthday on the last night, and that was even better.

• See jokes thread :-

A group of four chaps who were at school together decide to have a reunion.

When they were 40, they couldn't decide where to go, but eventually chose the Seaview Restaurant as the waitresses wore short skirts and low cut tops.

When they were 50, they couldn't decide where to go, but eventually chose the Seaview Restaurant as it serves excellent food and has a good range of wines

When they were 60, they couldn't decide where to go, but eventually chose the Seaview Restaurant as the views to sea were excellent and the place was always quiet

When they were 70, they couldn't decide where to go, but eventually chose the Seaview Restaurant as the restaurant had lifts and a place for taxi rank right outside the door

When they were 80, they couldn't decide where to go, but eventually chose the Seaview Restaurant as none of them had been before

Plarism? Moi?
  • I meant plagiarism ffs.....

Up the creek seems apt.

Indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Up the creek is where i took my wife on our first date.
  • johnny73 said:

Up the creek is where i took my wife on our first date.

Any trouble getting in?
  • johnny73 said:

Any trouble getting in?
    Never a problem. I think you're confusing it with the Oxo Tower.
  • 18th in a traffic jam on the M6 on the way to a Friday night game at Tranmere, arrived at half time. Venue on the Saturday. Got chucked out. Drank almost a whole bottle of vodka before we went out. Woke in a bush at the bottom of Clifton rise at 6am

21st Feet First at the Camden Palace. No memory of events at all.

40th in 2 years time. Planning 3 events. European footie fixture. 3/4 days pub crawling on a sailing boat on the Norfolk Broads and probably beers in a pub somewhere.
  • 18th/21st/30th Can't recall

40th Trafalgar Tavern, Greenwich, loved it.
  • 18th/21st/30th Can't recall

40th Trafalgar Tavern, Greenwich, loved it.

That's because you had no friends back then :-)
  • edited January 2013
    Got stripped to my boxers in a pub in liverpool on my 21st by a stripper (female) dressed as a copper. Was off my face as my mates had plied me for hours with booze not knowing how I would react to it. (21 year old bloke ....it was only gonna be a welcome reaction?!)

Dont remember a thing but someone recorded it and the video is me struggling to stand in nothing but my pants, one hand on my crotch and one in the air singing "South London is wonderful" and "VFR" as the bemused scouse sort waved her pillows in my face trying to get my attention with an even more bemused pub full of locals shaking their heads.

Worrying.
  • johnny73 said:

Any trouble getting in?
    I can't answer without the wife filing for divorce tomorrow!

• johnny73 said:

johnny73 said:

Any trouble getting in?
    I can't answer without the wife filing for divorce tomorrow!

Best not! :)
  • Well it's all over now. The downward slide to 50 has begun. The day itself was quiet but enjoyable. Friends and family popped round, got merry on the Glenfiddich and came last in monopoly (nothing to do with the alcohol). Got some nice presents including a keyboard (so I can learn something new), ground coffee (I will need to buy a coffee machine now!), underwear and money. Trying to wake up so we can make the trek to the Valley.