Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How have you celebrated your 'important' birthdays?

Comments

• 18th - got smashed in the pub
    21st - got smashed in the pub
    30th - got smashed in the pub
    40th - got smashed in a number of bars in Dubai
  • Have enjoyed reading these. Parties, Clubs, Pubs and getting smashed does seem to be the common theme.
  • Girlfriend had her 40th 9 days before my 50th and 12 days after my eldest daughters 18th which was the same day as we moved house. All eclipsed by the birth of our daughter 3 weeks later. So it was a 90th birthday/ housewarming/ baby shower party at home..

18th 21st 30th (but not 40th) like most of the rest......
  • Ironically now too old to remember the 'big' ones in detail, just great parties with family and friends. The next big 'un is the three score and ten in three year's time and am really hoping to make it to Monunent Valley at last. Will probably end up in Margate though!
  • Boom said:

18th - got smashed in the pub

The idea is to try and do something a little bit different for your "special" birtdays, rather than the same thing you do every other day of the week.
  • my 21st was new years eve just gone but had work next day so didn't do much, booked a week in Vegas last night for march cannot wait!
  • 18th - House party with mates, 3 formal complaints
    21st - Royal Ascot
  • JT said:

18th - House party with mates, 3 formal complaints
    21st - Royal Ascot

3 Formal complaints? Pathetic!

I had a party at my parents when they went away and there were 30 arrests. Made the front page of the Sidcup Times and got a mention in the Observer. No major trouble, most of the arrests were for d&d, obstructing the highway etc. Remember walking out of the front door and it was like a scene from a film. The whole road was full of cars, vans & ambulances, blue lights everywhere. They closed the road off at either end stopped people going in or out. Mum & Dad weren't best pleased when they got home though! One of the neighbours was talking to my mum about it, didn't realise it had been our house and said to her "Oh you've been away, you must have missed the night of the riot!"
  • 18th Hammered on the OKR
    21st Ibiza

Want to rent a villa in Ibiza or something for my 40th, would love to do Vegas but that would be a no go.
  • JTJT
    edited January 2013
    That was a 100% record for where we were situated at the time. And yes there were obviously more incidents i just cant be arsed to type them out !
  • Sponsored links:

• JT said:

21st - Royal Ascot

I had a party at my parents when they went away and there were 30 arrests. Made the front page of the Sidcup Times and got a mention in the Observer. No major trouble, most of the arrests were for d&d, obstructing the highway etc. Remember walking out of the front door and it was like a scene from a film. The whole road was full of cars, vans & ambulances, blue lights everywhere. They closed the road off at either end stopped people going in or out. Mum & Dad weren't best pleased when they got home though! One of the neighbours was talking to my mum about it, didn't realise it had been our house and said to her "Oh you've been away, you must have missed the night of the riot!"
    Didn't know you had 30 mates to have 30 arrests!

• JT said:

21st - Royal Ascot

Fair play.

Brilliant!
  • WSS said:

JT said:

21st - Royal Ascot

Didn't know you had 30 mates to have 30 arrests!

The funny thing is that we were worried that hardly anyone would turn up and tried to get it mentioned on the Greg Edwards show on capital radio. Paper said there were at least 150 people there. Paid someone (a lump) i knew to be on the door but he had enough by half nine and fucked off for a Chinese"
  • Off_it said:

Boom said:

18th - got smashed in the pub

The idea is to try and do something a little bit different for your "special" birtdays, rather than the same thing you do every other day of the week.
    I dont go to Dubai every other day.

Anyway, didn't you stack it on your 40th? You do that every other day.
  • A celebration isn't a celebration if you don't wake up the next morning with some sort of drink related injury. Sometimes I even get the injury in first.
  • 18th - was having a joint party with two girls from college, we fell out so in protest I didn't attend my own celebration. Think I stayed in.

21st - just a pub crawl with a few mates. Ended up pulling a girl I'd fancied for ages and went back to hers but I'd done too much speed to perform. Absolutely no life at all :(

40th - was the 15th of last month. Spent in the company of those fellow Addicks who made the trip to Bolton. Witnessing a defeat.

My birthdays kinda suck!

Enjoy yours Johnny!
  • For my 40th Birthday Party I had a jam in a local hall, featuring the two bands I was in at the time plus attempts at re-forming some previous bands, including a band I was in at school! Fantastic night that lives long in the memories of people lucky enough to have been there.

For my 50th I decided to do the same again. Another superb evening. Schoolboy band re-formed once again lol. I see no reason why I won't do this for my 60th. The original singer from the schooldays band said he'd finally sing at this one for the first time since about 1980! Anyway, that's years away - I may do an interim one...
  • I was 50 in 2012 we went to South Africa and on safari at Gomo Gomo on my birthday I saw leopards for the first time. Fa
  • 18th - can't remember
    21st - went out with my uni mates for a curry. Luckily the nearest Indian restaurant was big enough that you could walk in and go "can we have a table for 20 please?" without them batting an eyelid.
    30th - birthday itself was a quiet one, but a few days later I left to go sightseeing around New Zealand for a month (managed to wangle the time off work cos one of my uni mates was getting married over there). Had an absolutely brilliant time, and would love to go back one day.
    40th will probably just be a big family meal of some sort.
  • 18th Hammered in the 3 Tuns Blackheath
    21st Hammered in the 3 Tuns Blackheath
    30th Hammered at Charlton Park Rugby Club
    40th Hammered in the Acropolis Taverna New Eltham
    50th Hammered on a weekend visit to Belfast followed by a house party a few weeks later. Hammered
  • Sponsored links:

• 21st - wild party at my house with my two football teams present. Had two girls on the go but both turned up! Snow-storm. Front door bashed in. Bloke on acid with a gun. Freaked me out! Managed to kick everyone out by about 2am. Didn't have another proper party for 39 years.
    60th - Had a Michael Jackson tribute singer perform. Good fun and far more orderly.
  • Hired out a big converted barn in Norfolk for 16 of us for my (and my brother-in-laws) 50th. Great long weekend with good food, drink and all the family.
  • the big 50 married in Vegas
  • For my 40th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos the barmaid had big tits.

For my 50th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos it was good value.

For my 60th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos its nice and quiet.

For my 70th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos they have wheelchair access

For my 80th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos I hadn't been there before.
  • My best celebration was for my 10,000th day which comes when you are between 27 and 28. Annoyingly, I forgot my 20,000th, but everyone is invited to my 30,000th day when I am 82.
  • masicat said:

For my 40th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos the barmaid had big tits.

For my 50th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos it was good value.

For my 60th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos its nice and quiet.

For my 70th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos they have wheelchair access

For my 80th went to Wetherspoon in Greenwich cos I hadn't been there before.

Best post so far, masicat !

• Happy Birthday Johnny73 ! You share the same birthday as me !
  • Happy Birthday Johnny73 ! You share the same birthday as me !

Cool. Many Happy returns to you as well.
  • It's the best Post that he has ever posted fanny
  • Don't celebrate b'days.