Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is on the wayout at Charlton.

2»

Comments

• Options

Hopefully Stephens for Chris Powell's valuation.

Amen to that.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

If there is any interest in BWP he'll be gone. Otherwise he goes on a free in summer. Shame for the lad, but he's league 1. I base that by the way on what Chris Powell said when he visited NWK Addicks, before anyone has a go. Looks like Waggy doesn't feature in Powell's plans either, so it wouldn't surprise me if he went. Anyone else we might want to sell I'm nor sure there will be buyers for. Sullivan, for example.

Let's just hope we keep hold of the good ones.

What did he say about BWP? I too would like to see him stay, along with Green. Agree that Taylor, Wagstaff and Hollands will probably want to leave and I can't say I blame them. Will go down in history at our club regardless for last season.
    From what I remember, CP said he was a great lad who wanted to play for us and may get his chance in the later stages of the season. However, his contract ends in the summer and as things stood (it may change based on BWPs performances in the near future) if an offer came in for him which meant we got some money for him, the club would welcome that. Otherwise, CP had no problem with him seeing his contract out and going on a free in summer. I think there was in his statements the implication that if BWP put in a few top performances he stood a chance of getting a contract extension offer, but at the time of the NWKA meeting that possibility seemed remote.
  • Options
    Think Green and Waggy may both go in January as neither seems quite up to the championship but we will need to sign one replacement at least as we lack wingers that can open up defences at home. In centre-mid good to see Hollands returning to form at Swindon, I would like to see him back in our squad along with one signing, maybe another premiership loanee in the frimpong mould but fitter.
    Of our players that may attract interest from the premiership, I would hate to lose any of Hamer, Solly or Stephens mid season though we may have to replace any or all in the summer.
  • Options
    I think Hollands deserves another chance in the middle. He was too good last season to have nothing to offer us. Waggy will probably go if there's a taker. We can't really afford to lose both Green and Waggy so it may depend who gets the first or the higher bid
  • Options
    I get the feeling Hollands will be gone and that Powell was a bit disappointed that he asked to go on loan after instead of fighting for his place. It is not like he was out of the team for long.
  • Options
    To go:

Hollands
    Taylor

To come

?
  • Options
    Sol Campbell or Darren purse

Hayden mullins
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

If there is any interest in BWP he'll be gone. Otherwise he goes on a free in summer. Shame for the lad, but he's league 1. I base that by the way on what Chris Powell said when he visited NWK Addicks, before anyone has a go. Looks like Waggy doesn't feature in Powell's plans either, so it wouldn't surprise me if he went. Anyone else we might want to sell I'm nor sure there will be buyers for. Sullivan, for example.

Let's just hope we keep hold of the good ones.

What did he say about BWP? I too would like to see him stay, along with Green. Agree that Taylor, Wagstaff and Hollands will probably want to leave and I can't say I blame them. Will go down in history at our club regardless for last season.
    From what I remember, CP said he was a great lad who wanted to play for us and may get his chance in the later stages of the season. However, his contract ends in the summer and as things stood (it may change based on BWPs performances in the near future) if an offer came in for him which meant we got some money for him, the club would welcome that. Otherwise, CP had no problem with him seeing his contract out and going on a free in summer. I think there was in his statements the implication that if BWP put in a few top performances he stood a chance of getting a contract extension offer, but at the time of the NWKA meeting that possibility seemed remote.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Can't see Taylor going.
    That would leave us with only Dorian as cover.
  • Options

Sol Campbell or Darren purse

Hayden mullins

hope this is a tongue in cheek wind up - wouldn't want any of those.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Green, Hollands, Taylor, and sadly BWP will all go I feel.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Can't see Taylor going.
    That would leave us with only Dorian as cover.

I think we'll get an new CB anyway.
  • Options
    People seem to forget we have Kevin Feely now...
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

People seem to forget we have Kevin Feely now...

He is more a prospect than a first choice though. Or so I remember.
  • Options
    Could be Danny Green on way too the Blues in the the midlands,
  • Options

If you mean Brum, I thought they were under a transfer embargo?
  • Options
    Solly (maybe) Hammer (maybe) Stephens (maybe) Pritchard (maybe) & ?
  • Options
    Anyone (maybe)
  • Options

If you mean Brum, I thought they were under a transfer embargo?
    the reliable as ever "the sun" reckons it's a swap for 34 year old wade elliott so, as long as they didnt pay green more than they pay wade then i think that gets around any embargo