Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is on the wayout at Charlton.

So what players do you think will be leaving Charlton by the end of January 2013.
As i understand MK Dons are looking at Bradley Wright-Phillps and Orient have an interest in Scott Wagstaff also expect to see Matt Taylor leave us.

Comments

• Options
    If there is any interest in BWP he'll be gone. Otherwise he goes on a free in summer. Shame for the lad, but he's league 1. I base that by the way on what Chris Powell said when he visited NWK Addicks, before anyone has a go. Looks like Waggy doesn't feature in Powell's plans either, so it wouldn't surprise me if he went. Anyone else we might want to sell I'm nor sure there will be buyers for. Sullivan, for example.

Let's just hope we keep hold of the good ones.
  • Options
    I think the whole finance situation and the dropping out of potential investors has changed the whole thing.

I would not be surprised to see Taylor and Hollands go, possibly BWP, although his improved performance on Saturday may have redeemed him and we do need options up front for when Haynes is injured.

Orient fans are not keen on Waggy, but he may be picked up elsewhere.

• Options
    I hope BWP dont go based on his performance sat and last season
  • Options
    Green to Swindon
  • Options
    Hoping with the Haynes injury and his excellent display Saturday that BWP will be kept for the rest of the season even if he leaves in the summer for nothing.
  • Options
    BWP should be kept and I reckon he can hack it at this level
  • Options
    Some must go in order to bring in others. Who will depend on how much money the deal is worth in cash or more likely saved wages. We will try to move on as many of the surplus players as is possible. Without that happening don't expect too many through the door. CP needs to be at his wheeling and dealing best I reckon.
  • Options
    Id like to see BWP and Fuller up top with Haynes and Kermit as a backup - rotation option. Pretty dynamic group of forwards in terms of what you could do with the formation & leading/deep strikers.

Some ins and outs need to happen in midfield for us to score more. None of them are good enough not even Pritchard who gets a lot of praise for huffing and puffing. Jackson is about the only one of them that is good enough but he needs to be in the middle and theres not enough pace in the others to compensate for his lack of anyway.
  • Options
    I just don't think BWP has been given any kind of chance at all! Scored a great goal against Leicester when he did play and had a great game on Saturday
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

If there is any interest in BWP he'll be gone. Otherwise he goes on a free in summer. Shame for the lad, but he's league 1. I base that by the way on what Chris Powell said when he visited NWK Addicks, before anyone has a go. Looks like Waggy doesn't feature in Powell's plans either, so it wouldn't surprise me if he went. Anyone else we might want to sell I'm nor sure there will be buyers for. Sullivan, for example.

Let's just hope we keep hold of the good ones.

What did he say about BWP? I too would like to see him stay, along with Green. Agree that Taylor, Wagstaff and Hollands will probably want to leave and I can't say I blame them. Will go down in history at our club regardless for last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2012
    MattD said:

Id like to see BWP and Fuller up top with Haynes and Kermit as a backup - rotation option. Pretty dynamic group of forwards in terms of what you could do with the formation & leading/deep strikers.

Some ins and outs need to happen in midfield for us to score more. None of them are good enough not even Pritchard who gets a lot of praise for huffing and puffing. Jackson is about the only one of them that is good enough but he needs to be in the middle and theres not enough pace in the others to compensate for his lack of anyway.

Not having a dig but I think you've got that wrong mate. , Pritchard is able to cope at this level I feel and if anything Jackson is a liability more , And Haynes is quality , first team easily as long as his injury holds up
  • Options
    Who is on the wayout at Charlton?

Please not Chris Powell.
  • Options
    I expect BWP to start tomorrow and what he does with this chance meay determine whether he stays or goes. I believe that he has it in him but he needs to believe in himself. In the first half of last season, he was one of th emost natural goalscorers I have seen in a Charlton shirt but a few games without a goal and the confidence (not the workrate) went. He has it in him - I hope he can find it again for us.

The outgoings will probably depend on offers - League One clubs don't have much dosh and they have to cover the wages of players in contract. I wouldn't be surprised if a few went on loan.
  • Options
    The next couple of weeks are crucial for BWP, make or break time for him as a CCC player.
  • Options
    I can't see many (or any) going, nor coming in. Perhaps a few on short term loans. Powell wants to keep his options open. Solly to West Ham for 15 million and Clarke to Barcelona for even more that that.
  • Options
    Happy to get through it with what we have tbh

If we have to lose any

Let it be

Hollands
    Danny green

Can't think of anyone else
  • Options
    Sullvan
    Taylor
    Hollands
    Green
    Wagstaff
    BWP
  • Options
    think we should keep BWP and Wagstaff, they could both still play big parts this season
  • Options

think we should keep BWP and Wagstaff, they could both still play big parts this season

I agree, think Wagstaff has got pace, seen what panic Haynes causes for defences. Would like to see wagstaff come off the bench when we're chasing tight games.

• Options
    But if you get rid if

Taylor
    Green
    Waggs
    BWP

You will spend more than you get in on the replacements and we don't have any dough

Taylor going will leave us short in ch

So why sell him to only buy another ch

We need to be smarter than that IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But if you get rid if

Taylor
    Green
    Waggs
    BWP

You will spend more than you get in on the replacements and we don't have any dough

Taylor going will leave us short in ch

So why sell him to only buy another ch

We need to be smarter than that IMO

I'm not saying these should go, more who I think is likely to go.
  • Options
    I can see Waggs or green

Hollands

Maybe hughes

But no one else
  • Options

Sullvan
    Taylor
    Hollands
    Green
    Wagstaff
    BWP

This list looks spot on to me. Besides loaning out the kids, this is the list of players who I think we will be seeking to move on to create space in the squad.
  • Options
    Wagstaff, Sullivan, Clarke, Taylor
  • Options

Sullvan
    Taylor
    Hollands
    Green
    Wagstaff
    BWP

This list looks spot on to me. Besides loaning out the kids, this is the list of players who I think we will be seeking to move on to create space in the squad.
    I hope we keep Waggy. I think there's more to come from him.

• Options
    Waggy won't make it as a Championship player, Green may well yet so would rather keep him
  • Options
    Would be disappointed if Bwp goes. I think he is ok for championship. Not had many chances this season, other than off the bench. Waggy also deserves an opportunity but I think scp has other thoughts and I trust his judgement.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Salad said:

Waggy won't make it as a Championship player, Green may well yet so would rather keep him

Why do you think Waggy won't? He's not played a single minute either as sub or first choice yet this season.

I can see why you say Green may well yet although my personal view is that he won't because firstly I'm not sure he has the mental strength or secondly the application to produce on a consistent enough basis the flashes of talent we've seen from him.
  • Options
    there was talk about green going to swindon a while back maybe see that happening.reckon hollands may go back to bournemouth because of eddie howe
  • Options
    Hopefully Stephens for Chris Powell's valuation.