Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing Day Tube Strike confirmed

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2012
    cafckev said:

shine166 said:

How much should a train driver be paid then? I dont think its greed or stupidity to want a good wage for the work that they do.

Less than nurse. I think its insulting that a tube driver earns 3x what a nurse does, especially for 'the work that they do'

So, rather than saying they should get less than a nurse, why aren't you saying nurses should fight to get better pay?
    Should airline pilots be on less than £20,000 because after all, they only take off and land the aircraft?

Nah, a pilot should earn more as he spends thousands just training and is far more dangerous. If a plane was fixed to a rail making it only move forward and backward with buttons then you may have a point pretty sure you know that flying has more to it than that. Footballers get paid rediculous money and nobody can deny that, but it wasnt about making a point of who should earn less... more that tube drivers should be grateful for what they do earn
  • Options
    So where would an Electricians par packet fit into your worthiness scale?
    Dangerous job.
    5 years of training that costs thousands.
    Have to take new courses every couple of years that can cost thousands.
  • Options

Dangerous job.

25 - 35k per annum depending on other factors.
  • Options

Dangerous job.

Well if they teach common sense and the ability to turn off power, then danger should be reduced.
    By my scale id say more than a footballer and less than a nurse
  • Options
    Not sure what the JIB rates are these days, but when I was sparkin (stopped 6 years ago), the rate was £105 per day. Conditions were that we worked a 9.5 hour day and had to pay our own travel costs etc.No "perks" what so ever, just 9.5 hours if graft. Use to get the right hump when the 40k a year train drivers were out on strike!
  • Options
    As an ex shopsteward and a fully paid up member of the T and G or unite as its now called I hate Bob crow

Having say with him and alongside him and listened to him intently at union meetings before he was the voice for the railway

He was only ever about screwing the companies he was working for and later the companies the people whom he is representing Work for by using bullying loud and abravisive 1970 style union blackmail tricks

Using bank hols and peak dates for strikes

The man is a prick as many of is told him who harms more unions and their members by his actions

Unions have a hard enough time and a difficult balance to try and hit without the likes of Bob crow striking over the drop of a hat and beds you will never convince me that lots of what are the causes of the strikes are money and hour and condition based

You can only screw the public so much and he has screwed us all for along time

• Options
    shine166 said:

Dangerous job.

Well if they teach common sense and the ability to turn off power, then danger should be reduced.
    By my scale id say more than a footballer and less than a nurse
    I wont tell you what I do then. On you scale I'll be better off on job seekers ;-)