Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marouane Fellaini

Geezer's a fruit loop. Looks like he'll be facing a lengthy ban for the headbutt, and maybe another for the "punch".

Mind you, I think both managers have handled it well and come out with credit.

Comments

• been doing great for my dream team
  • Giving Stoke a taste of their own medicine.
  • Moyes has been an absolute credit the way he has handled he incident. None of this wenger 'I didn't see it' rubbish
  • Deary me, he lost it a bit today didn't he!
  • Got to be a Danny Mills style moment. Wants Christmas with the family
  • Absolutely lost his head today. Can't believe he kept getting away with it as he's not exactly hard to spot is he?
  • MattD said:

Timed it well with his run

As far as making assault look natural he sure did well!
  • The mind boggles at his stupidity... If he was slightly crafty about it, tried to hide what he'd done it would still be cheating and worthy of a ban but you could credit him with a little brain power, but both were so blatant you have to wonder how the **** he thought he would possibly get away with it. Good player, but an absolute moron on current evidence!
  • Shawcross was at fault his head hit fellani on the forehead

Typical stoke cheating

8)
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

been doing great for my dream team

Me too! I think he's the only reason I'm where I am in my mini league. Don't know how I'm going to replace him - he may be spending Christmas with his family, but he won't be getting a card from me now.

• Good on Moyes though.
  • Got to be a Danny Mills style moment. Wants Christmas with the family

Summed up perfectly.

• I found it all quite funny.
  • i mean i intensely dislike stoke, particularly shawcross...but no one can condone that
  • Did anyone watch the CWC match today? That Emerson bloke probably covered more ground rolling than he did running. We didn't see what Cahill did to put him on the ground but I reckon it amounted to little more than a shove. Fair play to Shawcross for taking a full on headbutt and a forearm to the face and not making a fuss. The sad thing is Emerson behaving like a little girl got Cahill sent off and Fellaini saw out the match
  • Take that u cheating stoke knob
    How long did shawcross think he could get away with all the tuggin n pullin?
    Think he went down a bit easy as was headbutted on the chin
    Seriously though top marks to moyes for not deffending him.
    We all know a manager who would!
    And deffently wouldn't have seen it!

• I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Mostly afro.

As video will be used to convict Fellaini, shouldn't the same evidence be used to do Shawcross for his blatant holding, hugging and pulling? I can see why Fellaini did what he did as he was getting no protection from the referee. Some may say holding, hugging and pulling is all part of the modern game, but it is illegal. Why is it that referees allow this to go on?

• Sponsored links:

As video will be used to convict Fellaini, shouldn't the same evidence be used to do Shawcross for his blatant holding, hugging and pulling? I can see why Fellaini did what he did as he was getting no protection from the referee. Some may say holding, hugging and pulling is all part of the modern game, but it is illegal. Why is it that referees allow this to go on?

Are you being serious? Yes, holding a shirt is against the laws of football, but its not against criminal law - unlike the common assault of nutting someone in the face!
  • Off_it said:

Take that u cheating stoke knob

Are you being serious? Yes, holding a shirt is against the laws of football, but its not against criminal law - unlike the common assault of nutting someone in the face!
    Illegal definition: not according to or authorized by law : unlawful, illicit; also: not sanctioned by official rules (as of a game)
  • Probably wants to enjoy the festive season without football...apparently another footballer used this trick to extend his holiday!
  • It wasn't even a proper headbutt (head to head) so i'm surprised Shawcross went down like he did. Getting hit by that much hair must be like getting hit hard in the face by a pillow.

Incidentally i don't think this incident will do Stoke any favours at all as it's now been highlighted just how much pulling, tugging, wrestling etc they do at set pieces. Week after week Shawcross and Huth get away with basically playing british bulldog at set pieces but hopefully now refs will be looking out for this a lot more.
  • suprised he didnt take Shawcross down on his chest
  • The headbutt was well out of order, no doubt.

However, as an ex centre-forward (albeit at a chronically poor standard) I have to say that the amount of shirt pulling, holding and blocking that goes on at set pieces is ridiculous.

You often see defenders with their arms totally wrapped round attackers stopping them from moving and yet referees very seldom blow up for this.

Feilani was wrong to react violently but I can understand his frustration at Stoke's continual foul play.
  • Referees seem to have suffered a collective amnesia, completely forgetting that obstruction exists as an offence. Blocking of is obstruction, indirect free kick, a massive minority of penalties are given for defenders blocking off strikers, should be indirect free kicks. Here's a question, when was the last time you saw an indirect free kick in the box in a premiership game for anything other than a back pass?
  • He was wrong to do it but considering he was playing Stoke i can understand why he felt the need to react.
  • I believe that there is no such thing as an indirect freekick anymore.
  • The referee and his two assistants plus the 4th official seem to have got away with a collectively abysmal performance.