Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkies Bradford on Sky Tonight

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2012
    If scores stay the same I'd guess that there will be one or two Reading fans calling for Parky to replace McDermott.

Wrong IMHO but that's some fans.
  • Options
    Would love it if Bradford could win this. Parky deserves a night of glory. We have a better manager now and I'm not sure Parky could have turned around the team like Powell did. That said Parky is in the same mould as kinsella, honest with integrity gave everything for us.
  • Options

To be honest I wasn't a great fan of Parky when he was at the club, but we quickly realised that when CP took over, Parky was actually working miracles with a dreadful team. Only Jackson was good enough, yet he still kept us in the play-off positions in both seasons in League 1.

....is the correct answer. We all love Powell but look at the results he got with the same resources Parkinson had in the second League One season, it was an absolute shambles which reached its nadir in the 2-1 loss at D&R, Parkinson had us punching way beyond our resources.

It was not until Powell was able to re-shape the entire squad in the summer of 2011that our results began to improve - something for which we are all hugely grateful.

If we had had some dough in the first year in League One to buy a striker like BWP he would have got us up automatically, we had Deon Burton up front on his own for most of the season because we had nobody else.

Parkison is no Curbishley but he's not Dowie or Pardew either, he was a very, very decent guy who did the best job he could and got treated very badly at the end by the new regime, why people feel the need to abuse the bloke I have no idea, it says more about them than him in my view.
  • Options
    Parkinson seemed a nice guy, I'm delighted we have Powell instead of him now but have absolutely no ill feeling towards him at all and hope he does well unlike Pardew.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Bolloxs....1-1.
  • Options

To be honest I wasn't a great fan of Parky when he was at the club, but we quickly realised that when CP took over, Parky was actually working miracles with a dreadful team. Only Jackson was good enough, yet he still kept us in the play-off positions in both seasons in League 1.

....is the correct answer. We all love Powell but look at the results he got with the same resources Parkinson had in the second League One season, it was an absolute shambles which reached its nadir in the 2-1 loss at D&R, Parkinson had us punching way beyond our resources.

It was not until Powell was able to re-shape the entire squad in the summer of 2011that our results began to improve - something for which we are all hugely grateful.

If we had had some dough in the first year in League One to buy a striker like BWP he would have got us up automatically, we had Deon Burton up front on his own for most of the season because we had nobody else.

Parkison is no Curbishley but he's not Dowie or Pardew either, he was a very, very decent guy who did the best job he could and got treated very badly at the end by the new regime, why people feel the need to abuse the bloke I have no idea, it says more about them than him in my view.
    Spot on.
  • Options
    Parky shouldn't have been appointed to replace Pardew, he was too tainted by association, and his efforts at keeping us up were poor.

But, he did a pretty good job in his first season in L1, and brought in some decent players, such as Burton and Richardson. Unfortunately, we'd lost too many good players in his second season (Bailey, Shelvey, Richardson) and brought in dross, not helped by the terrible finances. The big question is whether Parky would have done such a good job in the summer of 2011 with the budget and clean slate Powell had, I suspect not, but that we might still have got promoted...
  • Options

Parky shouldn't have been appointed to replace Pardew, he was too tainted by association, and his efforts at keeping us up were poor.

But, he did a pretty good job in his first season in L1, and brought in some decent players, such as Burton and Richardson. Unfortunately, we'd lost too many good players in his second season (Bailey, Shelvey, Richardson) and brought in dross, not helped by the terrible finances. The big question is whether Parky would have done such a good job in the summer of 2011 with the budget and clean slate Powell had, I suspect not, but that we might still have got promoted...

Im sorry but I totally disagree, we should have gone up with that team.
  • Options
    I liked Parkinson. We were a penalty kick away from a Wembley playoff final and were in the Playoff places when he left, all with next to no money and a mountain of pressure. To say he was a "shit manager" is way over the top.
  • Options

Agree with pretty much all of that, especially the last paragraph.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

well said Ormiston, completely agree
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

se9addick said:

Parky did his honest best with limited resources and limited ability. When he took over the clubs finances were in a state and any player would be sold regardless and an inferior replacement brought in (i.e Frazer Richardson for Simon Francis etc) and any manager would have struggled. The new board allowed Powell to keep the Spurs FA Cup money from which BWP was bought, Parky wouldn't have seen a sniff of that money.

The Spurs cup money came to nothing like enough to what we paid for BWP. That is horseshit.

The money we bought BWP was followed by the other players we bought that summer.
    Fair enough, but I'm pretty sure We wouldn't have got BWP without the Spurs money. Either way Powell got financial backing (i.e being able to keep the Jenkinson money) that Parkinson's could only dream about. Parkinson had a fairly dire squad by the time he left but despite some very bad individual results we were 5th and 3pts off the autos which was a decent return given the resources at his disposal.

As above he won't go down in history as one of our greats but he certainly isn't in the Pardew/Dowie category by a long chalk.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

DiscoCAFC said:

se9addick said:

Parky did his honest best with limited resources and limited ability. When he took over the clubs finances were in a state and any player would be sold regardless and an inferior replacement brought in (i.e Frazer Richardson for Simon Francis etc) and any manager would have struggled. The new board allowed Powell to keep the Spurs FA Cup money from which BWP was bought, Parky wouldn't have seen a sniff of that money.

The Spurs cup money came to nothing like enough to what we paid for BWP. That is horseshit.

The money we bought BWP was followed by the other players we bought that summer.
    Fair enough, but I'm pretty sure We wouldn't have got BWP without the Spurs money. Either way Powell got financial backing (i.e being able to keep the Jenkinson money) that Parkinson's could only dream about. Parkinson had a fairly dire squad by the time he left but despite some very bad individual results we were 5th and 3pts off the autos which was a decent return given the resources at his disposal.

As above he won't go down in history as one of our greats but he certainly isn't in the Pardew/Dowie category by a long chalk.
    Powell only had the money that is needed because we had some good financial backing from the new owners (Including BWP's money). RM needed every income he could possibly get to keep our club fiancially stable.

Parkinson's judgement of players was pretty poor in my opinion. I have never seen any worse players than Macormack and Francis. Although his best signing was Jacko but he was only one out of the very few in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    DiscoCAFC said:

Im sorry but I totally disagree, we should have gone up with that team.
    Strong league that year though. Think he did well that year - cleared out a lot of the rubbish that got us relegated, got a team together on a very tight budget and came very close to going up.

Year before and year after, not so much.
  • Options
    Seeing that ground gives me nightmares from a 2-1 defeat when Benito Carbone ran us ragged. I felt sick for days after. I think they went down to ten men too (or did we?).
  • Options
    In there Bradford!
  • Options
    Exciting times for Bradford semi final major cup , pitch invasion !!
  • Options
    Well done Parky!! :)
  • Options
    GET IN ! Well done parky
  • Options
    Blimey, that was a shoot out wasn't it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy for Mr nice guy. Even happier that le arse are out. Another trophy gone
  • Options
    I Didn't see It?
    But seriously was it a good game.
  • Options
    Nice one, Parky.
  • Options
    congratulation to Parky and his team
  • Options
    Fair play Parky
  • Options
    I bloody love football :)

(I'm sure watching the Woolwich Nomads lose gives me more pleasure than when Spurs win!)
  • Options
    Pleased for Phil, good to see a league 2 team doing well and fun to see the Woolwich Rejects go out.
  • Options
    I bet Goonerhater is well gutted.
  • Options
    Fair play to Parky for his team beating Arsenal. Makes Northwich Victoria result a distant memory!!!
  • Options
    Welldone on beating the goonershite and not a poor or that weakend team take a bow bradford

9 penalty shoot out wins