Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ANYONE FOR DARTS.

Any lifers visiting the ally pally for the darts.

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely love my darts but yet to visit Ally Pally unfortunately, left it too late this year.

Will be watching with a cold beer from the sofa every night :)
  • Options
    Whos you pick to win, apart from mr taylor
  • Options
    Yep. Been a few years now and off again on Friday 28th. Great night out, lots of beer vouchers & staying up town after. Will have to surface & get back to Canary Wharf to meet my Derby pal before they leave for the ground & then head over for the game!

Should be great couple of days :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    There the 23rd.

Been the last 3 years.
  • Options
    Ok I'm guessing this is a really lazy question but how can I get tickets for next year?

Would love to go and every year I say the same but never do anything about it!
  • Options
    Have been really impressed with Simon Whitlock last couple of years. Dont know what his current form is like though.
  • Options
    Will probably do one or two sessions live again this year. couple of players i think to do well Michael van gerwin is on fire saw him at the belfry in plumstead last Thursday and he was on good form. dave chisnal always seems to do well at the worlds.
  • Options
    taking my son on saturday night
  • Options
    Van Gerwen is a class act he has really come of age this year.
  • Options
    Going on the 23rd (afternoon session)

Most open Worlds in years. For me its either MVG, Whitlock or Chisnall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ok I'm guessing this is a really lazy question but how can I get tickets for next year?

The lads who get my tickets joined the PDC to ensure they get good tables each year, but looks like tickets are available for sessions...

http://www2.seetickets.com/darts/event.asp?e|artist=LADBROKES+WORLD+DARTS+CHAMPIONSHIP&orderby=date, time&resultsperpage=50&filler1=&filler3=id1darts
  • Options
    Interesting that nobody has mentioned Taylor
  • Options
    On his way out!
  • Options

Interesting that nobody has mentioned Taylor

Still the best in the world, but not sure if he can get through round after round with the longer format that the worlds have as opposed to other comps.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

The lads who get my tickets joined the PDC to ensure they get good tables each year, but looks like tickets are available for sessions...

http://www2.seetickets.com/darts/event.asp?e|artist=LADBROKES+WORLD+DARTS+CHAMPIONSHIP&orderby=date, time&resultsperpage=50&filler1=&filler3=id1darts

Thanks for that.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

On his way out!

Do you really think so?
  • Options
    Taylor is a bit of a dick.

Got tickets for the ally pally next wek
  • Options
    JT said:

Taylor is a bit of a dick.

Got tickets for the ally pally next wek

I agree but that wasn't my question. I don't think you can ever write him off
  • Options
    No not at all
  • Options
    Going on the 27th (Evening Session)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going 22nd and got my fancy dress :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I really like Taylor. I think you need that bit if arrogance about you to be the best in your 'sport', I mean look at Jackpot.

Just don't think he can hack it anymore to be honest, splitting up with his misses seemed to take allot out of him.

Still love watching him though.
  • Options
    Iv backed Van Guerwen every year, minimum 28/1, this year hes 4/1
    Will prob Back Wes Newton, he had a chance last year till he played that slow cock and didnt know how to play aganst him
  • Options
    looking at the schedule for saturday night it says, the last match starts at 11.00pm, are these strict times or if other matches finish quicker do they start earlier, also it says last train is midnight so again any advice on getting home from people who have previously been would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Can be a bit of a nightmare getting home to be honest. Alot of people start to leave early because of it. Last year we had a group of us so ordered a mini bus to take us there and back. It was definitely worth it.
  • Options
    Quite a few players who could win it this year. Never discount Taylor even if he is out of sorts. Should be a cracking tournament this time around. Barney looked awesome in the Grand Slam and Van Gerwen is fantastic when in full flow, he's definitely a future champion.
  • Options

looking at the schedule for saturday night it says, the last match starts at 11.00pm, are these strict times or if other matches finish quicker do they start earlier, also it says last train is midnight so again any advice on getting home from people who have previously been would be appreciated.

NSS...have to admit, we've always got in early and got a cheap deal at Travelodge (Farringdon this year) and stayed up there. As you come out of the AllyPally, there are a load of buses that go back to Finsbury Park (at least). Everybody just piles on these. Usually plenty of time to get on the tube from there into town, but depends on what station you are aiming for, or a load of black cabs have always been at the station.
  • Options
    cheers my son has 10.15 kick off sunday morning so need to get back last train to orpington is 1.00am from charing x so as long as we get that happy days
  • Options
    I actually can't remember how I've got back the last couple of years, though I do remember tubes and taxis being involved.
  • Options

cheers my son has 10.15 kick off sunday morning so need to get back last train to orpington is 1.00am from charing x so as long as we get that happy days

You should be fine for that mate, although I've just looked at the Ally Pally website which says Wood Green is closer and gives you directions using the W3 bus to/from there (Piccadilly/Bakerloo back to Charing X).

http://www.alexandrapalace.com/whats-on/ladbrokes-world-darts-championship/