Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Cars already struggling to get round Rochester. Even the main roads.
  • Options
    Been icy and snowy down here in Shepherdswell all day. Skidded all over the road this morning and hoping it don't freeze up.
  • Options
    Just received an email from son's school in Sevenoaks that they will be closed tomorrow. Teachers who have to come in from surrounding areas are reporting that they probably won't be able to, so Head had decided early on to close for the day.

One of my boys schools have said they’re opening. If his brothers school closes I’m gonna have world war three on my hands!
  • Options
    Harold Hill's got eight inches.
    Thought he was looking a bit smug

• Options
    Harold Hill's got eight inches collars 
    Thought he was looking a bit smug

• Options
    Really looking forward to our drive home tomorrow from Lytham St Anne’s to deepest, darkest East Sussex. Not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What’s the word on the weatherman street @Hex

(Hopefully it’s not raining men) 
    Its very small low pressure area that has been moving slowly up the channel for most of the day but has now moved across Kent towards Essex.  If you follow the instructions below you will see what is happening in the last 2 hours.  I think the snow / rain colours may not be entirely accurate.  It should die out overnight.
    Hex said:
    https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Turn on 'Weather Type' and 'Animation' and you will see who has rain, who has snow and where it's heading. 
  • Options
    Still snowing here in Swanley. Roads were ok but as the snow has now started to settle cars are going a lot slower than they were. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Useful site to see where it is snowing currently.

Data based on people tweeting with hashtag and their postcode.

• Options
    Nothing here in Broadstairs. Just a misty light rain 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Nothing here in Broadstairs. Just a misty light rain 
    Ahh..Broadstairs, remember the penny arcade as a nipper back in the '60s...👍
  • Options
    Pretty grim in Bearsted. Trains will be fucked tomorrow but hey what's new. 
  • Options
    Pretty grim in Bearsted. Trains will be fucked tomorrow but hey what's new. 
    Trains look like they're fucked already. Absolutely zero chance of there not being disruption tomorrow - especially as it's a strike week!
  • Options
    I like his/her snowshoes!
  • Options
    Took me 4 hours to drive from Maidstone to Brentwood!!! Stay indoors people! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This was Magnus after being out yesterday morning for 1& 1/2 hours at -4C.
  • Options
    No power and lots of stranded cars in battle...
  • Options
    deep joy - the kids school is shut.......Grrr
  • Options
    deep joy - the kids school is shut.......Grrr
    We’ve one school open, the other will assess at 8. Not much good when the poor sod had to leave at 7.30 
  • Options
    -5 in Sheffield this morning couldn’t fill car up with petrol 10 minutes to put £3 in. Gave up and looks like needle hasn’t moved try on way home tonight when it’s warmer. Is this because there’s so much water in E10 petrol it’s frozen 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    We are in Bournemouth, went there for the weekend. Thinking about whether to leave for home in Herts at 10am or giving it a bit longer and leave later in the afternoon. 
  • Options
    We are in Bournemouth, went there for the weekend. Thinking about whether to leave for home in Herts at 10am or giving it a bit longer and leave later in the afternoon. 
    Leave it til later and go for a paddle this morning
  • Options
    Double whammy of snow and power cut here near Cranbrook in Kent. 
  • Options
    just been out, roads are ok - school couldn't wait to shut I bet!, no reason why they shouldn't be open