Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Be careful which political party you join

Fascist behaviour by Labour Council. Disgrace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20474120

Comments

• Options
    shocking
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Read this earlier - must surely be more to it than the kids were taken away simply because the parents were UKIP members ?
  • Options
    What a disgrace , perfect foster parent material
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Read this earlier - must surely be more to it than the kids were taken away simply because the parents were UKIP members ?

you would hope so, and i know it was the Telegraph...however, I wouldnt put it past Ed's political correct fascists.

• Options
    I don't know SE9, when I went to sign up to UKIP I did notice article 15 of its constitution states that you have to eat at least one foreigner a month OR 2 small ethnic children.
  • Options
    I would take kids off people for reading the Daily Mail...
  • Options

I don't know SE9, when I went to sign up to UKIP I did notice article 15 of its constitution states that you have to eat at least one foreigner a month OR 2 small ethnic children.

Haha, bet you couldn't put pen to paper quick enough !

:-)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Disgusting decision and heads need to roll for this! Typical Labour, making up policy as they go along!
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Disgusting decision and heads need to roll for this! Typical Labour, making up policy as they go along!

I would write a strongly worded letter to the Daily Mail if I were you... LOL

• Options
    I will do it later after the Hudds match lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems quite reasonable to me.
    They oppose multi culturalism which the council want in their foster parents. They could always approach other foster organisations that don't take that stance.
  • Options
    I wonder what UKIP will call itself once Scotland gets independence? EWNIIP doesn't quite have that snappy feel to it does it?
  • Options
    The children are not 'white British'. That's the only reason I can see why they were taken away. What I can't get my head around is if the parents were that opposed to non white British people then why would they agree to foster three non white British children?

They clearly didn't have a problem with it.

Utterly ridiculous decision by Rotherham council.
  • Options
    iainment said:

They oppose multi culturalism which the council want in their foster parents. They could always approach other foster organisations that don't take that stance.

That's fascism.

• Options
    iainment said:

Do UKIP really oppose multiculturalism ? Genuine question.
  • Options

iainment said:

That's fascism.

You really have no grasp of political ideology do you?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

iainment said:

I think they want to end this idea of living here all with encouraged seperate identities and all should be British first. People confuse diverse culture with diverse race.

Apparenytly the social worker told the foster carerers that as they supported UKIP and that UKIP wanted to send europeans back home that they were not suitable to foster kids from an ethnic background.

• Options
    se9addick said:

iainment said:

The council seem to think so.

I have worked in fostering services in the past and I can't believe this decision was taken lightly or after much investigation and debate internally.

If any foster parents don't believe in or act in accordance with the conditions of the foster care agency they would be removed from the register of foster carers for that agency.

I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye.
  • Options
    On the face of it, it sounds bonkers, but we don't know all the details. For example, if the kids had come over here from Eastern Europe with their parents and then had to go into care for some reason, then the foster carers' membership of UKIP could be an issue. This is particularly true if the kids are old enough to understand any political leaflets that are left lying around the house, as they may be left with the impression that the foster carers believe that they don't really belong in this country. And it's the needs of the kids that are most important in this, not those doing the fostering.

Being a social worker is a horrible job - you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I'm not going to jump on the outrage bandwagon without knowing the whole picture.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

iainment said:

They appear to oppose it according to their pocket policy.

http://www.ukip.org/media/policies/PPimmigration.pdf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

That's fascism.

I agree using the term Fascist lightly is wrong. For instance the stupid term " there is an awful lot of poppy fascism about"

• Options
    from what I have read about it this seems an absolutely mad decision. Could understand it if they were members of the National Association of foreigner bashers (not the band btw), but they are members of a party that want Britain out of the EU - I suppose you could extened that the reasons for wanting out is on the back of some kind of racist agenda but I am not convinced by that argument at all.

• Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

That's fascism.

I agree using the term Fascist lightly is wrong. For instance the stupid term " there is an awful lot of poppy fascism about"

Touche.

• Options
    iainment said:

se9addick said:

iainment said:

The council seem to think so.

I have worked in fostering services in the past and I can't believe this decision was taken lightly or after much investigation and debate internally.

If any foster parents don't believe in or act in accordance with the conditions of the foster care agency they would be removed from the register of foster carers for that agency.

I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye.
    Far too sensible. Can't we all just have the rant about political correctness gone mad, blah blah blah from the thinly veiled far-right that we usually get on here?
  • Options
    And while we're at it, I'd have all members of UKIP thrown out of the country, if I were in charge.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

That's fascism.

Touche. I phrase however I have not used - I did say that trying to ban burning poppies was an idea comparable to fascist policies however.

• Options
    iainment said:

se9addick said:

iainment said:

They appear to oppose it according to their pocket policy.

http://www.ukip.org/media/policies/PPimmigration.pdf
    End support for
    multiculturalism and
    promote one, common
    British culture

Ending SUPPORT is not necessarily the same as opposing or banning.

• Options
    Promoting one common British culture is pretty oppositional in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Have we ever had one common British culture? We've always had multiculturalism in this country - with more or less tolerance depending on the way the politcal and social winds are blowing.

I mean the Britons probably had strong opinions on the Romans coming here and taking our jobs and houses, imposing their namby so-called "civilised" bath-taking, robe-wearing ways on the good old traditions of painting yourself blue and worshipping stones.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

On the face of it, it sounds bonkers, but we don't know all the details. For example, if the kids had come over here from Eastern Europe with their parents and then had to go into care for some reason, then the foster carers' membership of UKIP could be an issue. This is particularly true if the kids are old enough to understand any political leaflets that are left lying around the house, as they may be left with the impression that the foster carers believe that they don't really belong in this country. And it's the needs of the kids that are most important in this, not those doing the fostering.

Being a social worker is a horrible job - you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I'm not going to jump on the outrage bandwagon without knowing the whole picture.

This post is just far to sensible to be on CL ;-)