Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benitez

Comments

• Options
    Think it's time these Chelski "supporters" woke up and realise that Benitez didn't get rid or Mourhino, Di Matteo etc. This was done by the man, who to them, walks on water and therefore can do no wrong.
    Crap club and hate everything they stand for.
  • Options
    Carefree wherever you may be
    We are the famous CFC
    Please sit down, my wife can't see
    I've been coming since 2003
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Carefree wherever you may be
    We are the famous CFC
    Please sit down, my wife can't see
    I've been coming since 2003

Sorry, nicked this.
    Thank You.
    ;-)
  • Options
    Good on him.

Abramovich made his bed by sacking Mourinho. The Chelsea fans made theirs by behaving like spoilt children because of a few comments Benitez said to wind them up when he was the manager of another team about 5 years ago and he was trying to stoke up some fire for that club and play the PR game. They have to accept Abramovich owns runs bankrolls and is the club.

If you sell your soul you can't ask for a refund.
  • Options
    Went to a Chelsea game a few weeks ago and they level of hatred of Benitez is unreal. I can see what he means, they spent more of the game abusing and singing songs about him that they did actually supporting their side.
  • Options

If you sell your soul you can't ask for a refund.

Very profound and so true.

Great quote.
  • Options
    Would love it if Rafa came out today and said, "you know what? f*ck the compo, I don't want it, I resign. This club's got no class, I don't want to be here and I don't want your money." and just walked without a penny.

But he won't, because hardly anyone ever does. It'll be the usual pay off plus gagging clause and he'll just toddle off to whatever job comes next.
  • Options
    I will give Rafa this credit . For the first time in years of working in English football he had done an interview where he has actually said something. He's actually grown a pair for once instead of speaking yet saying nothing which he is famous for doing.
    Now he should back his word up by walking away and giving us all a break.
  • Options
    Let Chelsea fans and players choose the next manager..that way they cannot complain about the owner's choice!

I feel sorry for Benitez as he never really had a chance but slagging off the fans in public is never going to work even if has a point.
  • Options

I will give Rafa this credit . For the first time in years of working in English football he had done an interview where he has actually said something. He's actually grown a pair for once instead of speaking yet saying nothing which he is famous for doing.

You got the right bloke?

Benitez has said plenty over the years. He's always been prone to mouthing off. That's why our media hound him, becasue they know he's always likely to explode. Don't you remember his Fergie press conference? His comments about Everton etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Google "Benitez 'Fact' Speech" - he doesn't mind having a crack old Rafa!

• Options
    Riviera said:

You got the right bloke?

Benitez has said plenty over the years. He's always been prone to mouthing off. That's why our media hound him, becasue they know he's always likely to explode. Don't you remember his Fergie press conference? His comments about Everton etc?
    Absolutely. The man bores me to tears.
  • Options
    Of all the managers to bore people surely Benitez is the other end of the scale?

Apart from Mourinho, Fergie, Wenger, Mancini, Redknapp and a couple of others who gives it more?!

Can you imagine if every manager spoke like Moyes, no hacks would turn up at press day they'd just ask him to whack his quotes over by email.
  • Options
    That 'fact' press conference has got to be up there as one of the best. Boring is one thing the bloke is not.
  • Options
    He's just making sure Real Madrid know he's available in the summer.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure if Benitez had made the same comments about us then came to manage us our cry baby Charlton are so precious crew wouldn't be as touchy as the chelsea fans ...... do me a favour we have as many mingey , touchy , whingey , oh look halford waved his fingers at me fuckwit fans (%age wise) as the next fuckwit of a club
  • Options
    There's a difference between fans having an opinion and booing the guy before he's even managed a game. It's like the fans wanted the team to do badly just so they could say 'I told you so'.
  • Options

It's like the fans wanted the team to do badly just so they could say 'I told you so'.

Which is exactly what some clearly wanted. Spoilt brats.

• Options
    Good on him. The plastic Chelsea supporters and their fake outrage is cringeworthy.

He makes a great point. Get behind the team now, or you as fans will be the ones who suffer in the long run when your side risks not being a contender for the league title or may even be playing in the Europa League again next season. Some Football fans are just too thick to see that though.

The Swansea/Bradford final made me realize how many clubs there are out there who have supporters that do their best to look on the bright side and cherish any slither of success they may get. Yet the likes of 606 with Alan Green and the rest of the top 6 loving press constantly air the braindead thoughts of some to$$er who hasn't been to see Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal etc in years but want to moan about the 'crisis' their club are in, all because they might not get the chance to play Real Madrid or Barcelona next season.
  • Options
    Chelsea is a long term car crash waiting to happen , 20 -30 years time they'll be in League 1 reminiscing the glory days of being European Champions , was explaining to my son today on the way to school about Aston Villa & Notts Forest and how they used to be the 'Powerhouses' of British Footie , there's hope for us Charlton fans yet! :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There's a difference between fans having an opinion and booing the guy before he's even managed a game. It's like the fans wanted the team to do badly just so they could say 'I told you so'.

Just what I have been thinking!
  • Options
    I don’t know if I can even see him continuing till the end of the season tbh.

I think it all coincides with a heavy week for him. Firstly JT’s people `leak’ a story that he’s had a fallen out with Benitez....JT publically and predictably rubbishes this. Then we get this story a couple of days ago stating the training ground bust up....again `leaked’ by whoever but we can all guess. And on 5Live last night they spoke about Benitez prior to the Boro cup game and a journo told the story of how earlier in the week Benitez made a guest appearance at a `True Blues’ junior supporters function....and was roundly booed by all the little kids. You’re not going to turn things around when the hatred has got to that level. Put that together with the 90 minutes of barracking from Chelseas away support last night and he’s understandably cracked.

In all honestly I think the club looks unmanageable atm.
  • Options

I don’t know if I can even see him continuing till the end of the season tbh.

I think it all coincides with a heavy week for him. Firstly JT’s people `leak’ a story that he’s had a fallen out with Benitez....JT publically and predictably rubbishes this. Then we get this story a couple of days ago stating the training ground bust up....again `leaked’ by whoever but we can all guess. And on 5Live last night they spoke about Benitez prior to the Boro cup game and a journo told the story of how earlier in the week Benitez made a guest appearance at a `True Blues’ junior supporters function....and was roundly booed by all the little kids. You’re not going to turn things around when the hatred has got to that level. Put that together with the 90 minutes of barracking from Chelseas away support last night and he’s understandably cracked.

In all honestly I think the club looks unmanageable atm.

Nice family club , i guess they stick together! :-0

What did Benny say at Liverpool that upset Chelsea fans so much?
  • Options
    "We don't need to give away flags for our fans to wave. Our supporters are always there with their hearts, and that is all we need. It's the passion of the fans that helps to win matches - not flags."

• Options

I'm sure if Benitez had made the same comments about us then came to manage us our cry baby Charlton are so precious crew wouldn't be as touchy as the chelsea fans ...... do me a favour we have as many mingey , touchy , whingey , oh look halford waved his fingers at me fuckwit fans (%age wise) as the next fuckwit of a club

Very true. Some haven't got over Brucie's joke to John Barnes on Strictly! Imagine the rumpus if we appointed Mr Forsyth as manager? He had trials at Brentford btw....
  • Options
    I'm sure Brucie would just take it on the chin.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Very true. Some haven't got over Brucie's joke to John Barnes on Strictly! Imagine the rumpus if we appointed Mr Forsyth as manager? He had trials at Brentford btw....
    Don't watch "Strictly". Explain please ?
  • Options
    Definitely got a reaction from his players today then. Twenty-five shots with 19 on target.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Don't watch "Strictly". Explain please ?
    Comment by Weggie on this thread.....
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/217449/#Comment_217449
  • Options
    Its a shame when Money rules the game.

Ok he wants to leave Newcastle I get that, but Rafa could honestly have any job he wants in England maybe with the exception of the top City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea, and who knows he waits a few months and a poor start to the season could get Arsenal or Spurs jobs, but instead he goes to 10th in the Chinesse League Dalian Yifang, and joins up with Carrasco and Hamsik