Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton Sell Out for the Valley 8th December

They didnt hang around, sold thier 3,000 allocation and will ask for more tickets! Not sure where or how that would happen, impressive though, over to you oohah

Comments

• Options
    Anyone would think they had good memories of their last game at the Valley.
  • Options
    At £30 aswell, and after selling out Palace away the week before at £32.
    Very good support.
  • Options
    So now it's up to us to sell out the home areas ....!

" Anything you can do..etc "
  • Options
    palace is a bit expensive at £32
  • Options
    they all live in london
  • Options
    Very good support but you have to remember that going to football must be a novelty for the majority of their support because they played in front of 7-8k crowds at the Withdean for 10 years
  • Options
    They won't get anymore .
  • Options
    matter of interest, how many did the Nigel's give them in the 'Alf Awake Stand?
  • Options
    Very impressive. I've only seen us play them in League One, have they always been this well supported?
  • Options
    I asked a brighton mate he same question.
    He said that people stopped going to home games when they moved to gillingham. So they started to go to all the away games instead and its carried on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brighton have always taken good numbers, looks like they sold out at Wolves last week.

IF we got a result at Millwall I would expect this to be 22kish assuming a few random Brighton fans dotted about in their tight tops.
  • Options
    Reasonable sized town.....sorry city. Not that surprising really.
  • Options
    All hate Crystal Palace, all hate Crystal Palace...
  • Options
    3,000 away fans holding hands.
  • Options
    not far to london. good day out, get some xmass shopping down while they're up here.
    shame our game was moved to a tuesday night down there.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

3,000 away fans holding hands.

Naughty.....LOL

• Options
    Apparently according to their website Brighton are approaching us for more tickets.
  • Options
    they won't get any more
  • Options

they won't get any more

Given that we obviously need the money and there isn't a huge amount of antipathy between the fans with the mutual dislike of Palace, I wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't at least look into this.

They could probably have a couple of blocks of the West Stand at the South end without displacing many season-ticket holders-a bit like we did at Bournemouth with the extra tickets last season

• Options

they won't get any more

can't see why not - block off part of the West stand (or East) and give 'em a section in there. I'm sure any season ticket holder wouldn't mind moving for just one game............better than missing out on the extra revenue and we aren't going to sell out the rest anyway.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    No chance. Football League, Health and Safety, Local Council, Police Authority hand ringers would choke on their policy statements...
  • Options
    has it ever been allowed? apart from in cup games.
    I'm sure other clubs have sold it out but were unable to get any more tickets.
  • Options

they won't get any more

can't see why not - block off part of the West stand (or East) and give 'em a section in there. I'm sure any season ticket holder wouldn't mind moving for just one game............better than missing out on the extra revenue and we aren't going to sell out the rest anyway.

not gonna happen
  • Options
    Won't happen in this FIFA generation
  • Options
    Brighton always have had very good support. Anyone who remembers playing them in the 70`s and onwards will agree. Regularly had 30k+ at the Goldstone and always took loads away.

Leaving their home ground was a dark time for them but they still had very good away numbers when playing at Priestfield and Withdean.

Fair play to them, looking forward to it and we should sell out down there no problem either!
  • Options
    Work with a Wolves fan and he said there was lots of trouble when Brighton played them and that apparently they have got quite a 'hooligan' element. Always thought they were one of the friendlier clubs.
  • Options
    I'd expect them to have decent support at our place, we are probably their closest away game apart from Palace, we'll take a decent following down there too.

as stated above, they won't get more tickets due to regluations, policing, etc etc
  • Options
    They had a big kick of with Palace at Euston the weekend.
  • Options
    Its not going to happen because there is noone left in the Club to work out the logistics and organise.
  • Options
    They won't get any more tickets.