Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that make you feel old

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Celebrity versions of things on telly, eg Pointless. I tend not to realise they are celebrity versions, and once it's pointed out to me I spend the rest of the programme asking "who the fuck is that?"
    I agree with you, but I'm not convinced it's always an age thing. I think they tend to use a very loose definition of 'celebrity'.
  • Options
    And you ask for help regarding lakeland driers.
  • Options
    Having to go on Blood Pressure Tablets & make lifestyle changes, I’m 44 ☹️
  • Options
    Not direct to the thread title, more a case of my health at a mere 58.

Doing nothing but lounging around for the past 48 hours, which is alien to me. 

My cardiologist said "listen to your body".  One of THE  best bits of advice I have been given.
  • Options
    It being quarter to one but knowing your about to lose an hour and tomorrow is going to be painful 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It being quarter to one but knowing your about to lose an hour and tomorrow is going to be painful 
    When you wonder why on earth people are awake at a quarter to one
  • Options
    One of the girls at work is spending the weekend at Centre Parks in Elveden Forest and I said I went there in the early 90s. She replied that was before I was born. 
  • Options
    Watching an article on The One Show where they were asking members of the public if they could go back in time and see an act/gig, who would it be and saying “I’ve seen them” to my wife for a lot of them (Eric Clapton, Live Aid, Queen, Bowie & Prince)
  • Options
    Scrolling through so many years to find my year of birth when I register for something online
  • Options
    Having to explain to the question “Are you getting another puppy?
    With the answer, “If Bowyer goes full term I’ll be almost 80, it wouldn’t be fair to get another 😥
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    With the answer, “If Bowyer goes full term I’ll be almost 80, it wouldn’t be fair to get another 😥
    Last puppy for us last week even though we have dog-mad kids if we don’t live too long. She’s a lovely girl. We were going to call her Appleton (joke) but Lola was a better choice. Back to four dogs!

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    With the answer, “If Bowyer goes full term I’ll be almost 120, it wouldn’t be fair to get another 😥

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    With the answer, “If Bowyer goes full term I’ll be almost 120, it wouldn’t be fair to get another 😥

The way I feel at the moment you could add 30 years to that 😂
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Last puppy for us last week even though we have dog-mad kids if we don’t live too long. She’s a lovely girl. We were going to call her Appleton (joke) but Lola was a better choice. Back to four dogs!

These don’t help, popping up on Facebook memories, Bow as a baby! 
    Now he’s a 50kg monster of a dog, not suited to a walk around the block more like I have run his arse off if he’s not working. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feeling the need to have an adult chat with the lad about being safe in his sexual relationships, last thing you need son is to get your girlfriend pregnant, or for things to go too far, she regrets it and calls foul on you.

All knowing that my Dad wouldnt have had to have that conversation with me as although my mum may have been sexually active at 14, we were both a few years later (not for the want of trying).

Then catching up with dad who has just sold the caravan he bought of my mums current partner for £500, ised for 4 years and sold for £1,000 because they cant push it around anymore or afford an auto mover.

Dad said, its so different from when i grew up, and even probably from when you grew up. Im so glad I'm old now. Must be terribly hard being young. 

Literally never felt older.