Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Potential FA Cup Game - MK Dons Vs AFC Wimbledon

If Milton Keynes beat Cambridge City at home and Wimbledon beat York City in their respective 1st round replays, they will face off against each other for the first time before the original Wimbledon relocated to MK Dons.

Heard some differing opinions on this from both sets of fans. AFC Wimbledon certainly don't feel comfortable with the idea.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    York v Cambridge should be a good game
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Take as many as they can without tickets and watch in pubs.
  • Options
    this almost happened before few years back. should imagine Wimbledon would boycott it
  • Options
    A completely empty away end.
  • Options
    They will boycott
  • Options
    They wont boycott, individuals will but as its a cup game and the revenue is split in half the real wombles will go on mass
  • Options
    They can go and see the club they let die.
  • Options
    From the Wimbledon fans I know it will be boycotted as they refuse to recognise them as a club.
  • Options
    I hope MK Dons stuff Afc Wimbledon...
  • Options
    prob will
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

York v Cambridge should be a good game

It's on telly tonight - University Challenge BBC2 8pm.

• Options
    Why boycott it? As someone said earlier, revenue is split 50-50 anyway. Surely they'd want to go and see AFC stuff them?
  • Options
    It's more than just money.
  • Options

Why boycott it? As someone said earlier, revenue is split 50-50 anyway. Surely they'd want to go and see AFC stuff them?

Who gets the other 50%?

It's a shame how even the fans look at the money side of things these days.
  • Options
    I thought it was 33% home team, 33% the fa and 33% to the away club ?
  • Options
    According to FA rules:
    Net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
    (i) In matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper (other than replayed
    matches in the Competition Proper), the net gate receipts of each match shall be
    divided equally between the competing Clubs.
    (ii) In replayed matches in the Competition Proper prior to the Third Round, 5% of the net
    gate receipts shall be remitted to The Association and the balance shall be divided
    equally between the competing Clubs.
    (iii) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
    Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
    45% to each Club competing in the match.
    10% to the Pool.
    (iv) In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
    Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
    5% to The Association.
    42.5% to each Club.
    10% to the Pool.
    (c) “The Pool” shall be a fund held by The Association which shall be divided at the completion
    of the Competition between the FA Premier League and the Football League for onward
    distribution to the Clubs in the FA Premier League and the Football League which
    participated in the Competition. The 5% payment to The Association for replayed matches
    in the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition Proper shall
    be divided at the completion of the Competition amongst all the Clubs outside the FA
    Premier League and The Football League playing in the First Round of the Competition
    Proper.

(d) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition Proper
    involving Clubs outside the FA Premier League or The Football League, the net gate
    receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
    50% to Clubs outside The FA Premier League or The Football League.
    40% to FA Premier League or Football League Clubs.
    10% to the Pool (save where both Clubs are outside the FA Premier League or the Football
    League).
    (e) In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition Proper
    involving Clubs outside the FA Premier League or The Football League, the net gate
    receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
    47.5% to Clubs outside The FA Premier League or The Football League.
    37.5% to FA Premier League or Football League Clubs.
    10% to the Pool (save where both Clubs are outside The FA Premier League or The
    Football League).
    5% to The Association.
  • Options
    JT said:

It's more than just money.

It obviously is but i think they'd be mad to withdraw, turn down gate receipts from a probable sell out plus however much they'd get for it being live on tv. AFC seem to have stood still over the past few months, they're not that far off dropping back to the conference. A few 100k could kick them on again.

Much better for the fans to go to the game, roar your team on and come back talking about a famous victory.

• Options
    Who said they'd withdraw? Only that the fans would boycott.
  • Options

Who said they'd withdraw? Only that the fans would boycott.

But who would suffer from a completely empty away end? Not the MK players. The AFC players will be desperate for a win, and a chance to play one of the big boys in R3, and an empty away end won't help them, whereas a fanatically passionate away end might make the difference. And what would happen if there was a replay, would the AFC fans boycott the home match as well?

• Options

May I ask why?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boycott the game itself but wait outside tooled up..
  • Options
    edited November 2012

May I ask why?

I don't like underdogs. Especially winging ones. I also dislike the comparisons with what we went through in the 80's - They are chalk and cheese situations. If Peter Winkelman hadn't did what he did they would have gone under anyway. I know i'm in the very small minority but that's my view.
  • Options

May I ask why?

I don't like underdogs. Especially winging ones. I also dislike the comparisons with what we went through in the 80's - They are chalk and cheese situations. If Peter Winkelman hadn't did what he did they would have gone under anyway. I know i'm in the very small minority but that's my view.
    OK, fair enough...me I love underdogs :-)

• Options
    I read something a couple of years ago that said that a lot of non league clubs were glad to see the back of the club and especially the fans when they got promoted to the fl.
  • Options

May I ask why?

I with Bedsaddick on this one............ but more so as i still see MK dons as Wimbledon. All they did was to move grounds.......... may have been 80 miles or so from SW London but a moves a move. Woolwich Arsenal moved about 10 miles and a lot of clubs have move to outer town sites ( 'boro, Derby, Coventry, Swansea....)

the question is.............how far do you have to move before the fans object ??? 5 miles ?? 10 miles ?? out of the borough ?? out of the county ??

PS - MK Dons also only returned trophies etc because they felt they had to
  • Options
    So if Charlton suddenly uprooted to say Newbury you'd be fine with that?
  • Options
    Mk dons gave the trophies back to the rightful owners, they aren't Wimbledon it was nothing to do with feeling like they had to. Different club, just took wimbledons league place
  • Options
    you just can't take another clubs league place - Wimbledon didn't go out of business or enter administration, they simply moved. MK Dons are Wimbledon and AFC Wimbledon are a brand new club, set up by a band of supporters, and entered the football league pyramid at the bottom.

and to answer Dan Davis............No, I wouldn't be happy, but that doesn't mean if TJ decided to re-locate us to Newbury and rename us The New Addicks I would stop supporting us - I would do what we did in 1985 and fight against it.
  • Options

you just can't take another clubs league place - Wimbledon didn't go out of business or enter administration, they simply moved. MK Dons are Wimbledon and AFC Wimbledon are a brand new club, set up by a band of supporters, and entered the football league pyramid at the bottom.

and to answer Dan Davis............No, I wouldn't be happy, but that doesn't mean if TJ decided to re-locate us to Newbury and rename us The New Addicks I would stop supporting us - I would do what we did in 1985 and fight against it.

And how did you fight against it ?

• Options
    I thought it was madness and disgraceful how these Wimbledon fans got treated. There were plenty of other areas they could have re-located nearer but the fact Milton Keynes has a lot of potential they decided to boycott the fans and move the club to Milton Keynes.

Everything about MK Dons disgraces me, they took Wimbledon's history, the kit, the players and even their own nickname but of course the fans came last on the priority list. Even Palace deserve to be in the football league than MK Dons and that took some effort for me to say that. I can remember slating the MK Dons on a facebook group and the fans just had no clue or feeling about Wimbledon at all, just full of plastics who claim MK Dons can't do no wrong.

I don't know how I would feel if I was a Wimbledon fan but I would love it soooo much when AFC Wimbledon go past MK Dons in the league and MK Dons go out of business. That's how disgraced I feel about the way it got handled.