Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Edgar Davids at Barnet

I just heard an amusing sippet of gossip from an insider at Barnet. Aparantly Davids has banned the players from addressing him as 'gaffer' and insists they call him 'Sir'. Bet thats gone down well.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2012
    He's not even the manager is he!?!
  • Options
    To be fair to him their results have turned around for the time being. Think i read somewhere he wants to buy the club.

Id still be slightly worried as a Barnet fan that he will just f**k off at any moment and leave them in it.
  • Options
    Well he is joint head coach.
  • Options
    He's just making a spectacle of the club in my opinion.
  • Options
    He'll be a blinding manager!
  • Options
    Like Sven at Notts County one does have to wonder how long it all will last.
  • Options
    The fact is that before he arrived they were absolutely shocking and since he got there they've won two and drawn one, so the only surprise is that he isn't insisting on 'Your majesty'.
  • Options
    Sounds a bit double dutch to me.
  • Options
    Anyone see him on Goals on Sunday the other day, was not amused at all when Kamara took the mick out of him by putting on a pair of ski goggles. Followed that up by saying the f word during an anecdote on how he joined Barnet...funny character, doent look like he stands for any nonsense!
  • Options
    He is defo one that should be in the "overated" section. Poor mans Clarence Seedorf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be up in Juve's best ever players for me, and all the Ajax fans I know would say the same - he was the lynchpin of that 94/95 side. Suspect you didn't see the best of him when he was over here with Spuds, Buckshee. The fact that at 49 he's still doing 90 minutes for very little cash and making a difference shows the fitness that he's got.

Not to be trifled with either. Apparently while at AC one time he got back to his Porsche to find a couple of Inter fans with bats waiting for them. Gave them an absolute hiding.

Off topic: not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but just heard about other loon Leonardo Bonucci's antics. Come out of a Ferarri dealership with his missus and kid some hood stuck a gun in his face and demanded his watch. Like any self respecting nutjob Leo punched the lad in the face. Confused the boy pointed out that he had a gun and he'd use it. Leo invited him to have at it so our intrepid criminal dashed off and onto the back of a waiting moped and made off with the outraged defender in pursuit.
  • Options
    all sounds a bit 'Amir Khan' to me Morts
  • Options
    Duncan Ferguson with sports cars?
  • Options

Off topic: not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but just heard about other loon Leonardo Bonucci's antics. Come out of a Ferarri dealership with his missus and kid some hood stuck a gun in his face and demanded his watch. Like any self respecting nutjob Leo punched the lad in the face. Confused the boy pointed out that he had a gun and he'd use it. Leo invited him to have at it so our intrepid criminal dashed off and onto the back of a waiting moped and made off with the outraged defender in pursuit.

That's Bonucci! Doesn't flinch when faced with an armed robber, but when Juve don't perform really takes it to heart, class act.

Also don't know how Davids can be compared with Seedorf when ones a defensive midfielder and the other is an attacking one! Yes they are both Dutch, both black and both have long hair but that's where the comparison ends I'm afraid.
  • Options

The fact that at 49 he's still doing 90 minutes for very little cash and making a difference shows the fitness that he's got.

Surely, he's not 49. More like 39, perhaps?
  • Options
    He's 39. For Mortimerician's sake I hope it was a simple typo rather than a gross exaggeration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

That's Bonucci! Doesn't flinch when faced with an armed robber, but when Juve don't perform haven't bribed anyone really takes it to heart, class act.

Also don't know how Davids can be compared with Seedorf when ones a defensive midfielder and the other is an attacking one! Yes they are both Dutch, both black and both have long hair but that's where the comparison ends I'm afraid.
    Fixed for you
  • Options
    49 39 it's all old for a box to box midfielder :-)

Colt, the bitterness.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm feeling the bitterness very much, you don't go 49 games unbeaten without being a great side.
  • Options
    Remind me why Conte is banned?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Im glad someone is playing the classic game of having an opinion with out all the details or facts, your not a daily mail reader are you?

Juventus, great historic club with a few mistakes and bad people in it's history, like every club in the world.
  • Options
    So Juve have never bribed anyone? Learn something new every day
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

They have but trying to claim everything they have ever done is no longer valid due to a few mistakes is classic over simplified off the issues with clearly not much knowledge of all the details.

• Options
    Lol I knew you was going to be silly enough to bring up the Conte ban.

Read through this and tell me if you don't think the whole thing is ridiculous: http://www.football-italia.net/22581/contes-stand

FYI bribes - tired of the same made up crap, the Italian sporting justice system is a complete joke as highlighted by the Conte ban, Juventus should never have been relegated and Inter Milan should have been punished just as much. Juve were relegated on hearsay with no concrete evidence, the fact they gave a title to Inter for doing absolutely nothing is laughable.

Anyway back on topic, Edgar Davids seems to be doing a decent job, surprised by his impact.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

They have but trying to claim everything they have ever done is no longer valid due to a few mistakes is classic over simplified off the issues with clearly not much knowledge of all the details.

And I claimed that where?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

That response proves my point even if i slightly over judged your implied view, all you have is little "snarky" comments of what is your clear anti-Juve view point, which you are welcome to but dont kid yourself that having little info makes you right but then having a view based on little or no knowledge is a major pass time in the UK.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

That response proves my point even if i slightly over judged your implied view, all you have is little "snarky" comments of what is your clear anti-Juve view point, which you are welcome to but dont kid yourself that having little info makes you right but then having a view based on little or no knowledge is a major pass time in the UK.
    Possibly because someone was having a "snarky" dig at me.

I've never hidden my dislike for Juventus. Disgusting club in a horrible city only made slightly bearable by Torino fans who actually talk a bit of sense now and then. They may have a history but to disagree with the fact that in recent years what has happened will do anything other than taint that history is hugely naive. Even if it isn't match fixing they have forever been bullying smaller clubs and tapping up players.

And Forza. I won't be reading anything that fraud Campanale writes, she may deny it but she is clearly a Juve fan even though she tries to hide it (poorly).
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Possibly because someone was having a "snarky" dig at me.

I've never hidden my dislike for Juventus. Disgusting club in a horrible city only made slightly bearable by Torino fans who actually talk a bit of sense now and then. They may have a history but to disagree with the fact that in recent years what has happened will do anything other than taint that history is hugely naive. Even if it isn't match fixing they have forever been bullying smaller clubs and tapping up players.

And Forza. I won't be reading anything that fraud Campanale writes, she may deny it but she is clearly a Juve fan even though she tries to hide it (poorly).
    Have you ever even been to Turin? Very nice, peaceful city that manages to be historic whilst modern at the same time.

Juventus are a successful club and success often breeds hatred (jealously) from others, hence slandered stories against them, of course they won't be as white as a sheet but who is? What has happened in recent years, if you can be bothered to read the facts is nothing short of a massive injustice.

Don't let Campanale being a massive Milan fan stop you there with your theory, you won't read it because you know it will dispel your Conte argument, go ahead and be a bottle job if you like.
  • Options
    Yes I've been to Turin, awful place.

Ah well she's a Milan fan, won't make me start reading her massively biased views anyway. I have no idea how her articles still make it onto the Football Italia website.
  • Options
    Well it's not, Turin is actually a really nice city that I'm sure many would agree with.

Gee I don't know maybe because she's a talented writer? Lame excuse not to read it, just makes your credibility seem weaker and weaker as GretnaGreen says you can't back up your views with any information. Therefore you just end up looking like an internet troll and a massive tool, well played!