Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves 1-1 Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Time that Hulse picked up the scapegoat baton from Wilson..

Look what happened last time we decided to write off a player 2 games into his Charlton career...he scored today..

• Options
    Another good away point, would have been nice to get a win out of one but still good results!

Had to turn of match thread as the usual doom and gloom, which is never fun to read :) lets hope we can put in a good few performances at home as thats what is costing us at the mo!

COYR
  • Options
    Seem to be a match for anyone away from home at the moment. Home form very worrying.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    Thanks very much for the commentary, Red Midland. Absolutely agree with Seth's comments about the battling nature of the squad. Are there any easy games in the Championship?! COYR!
  • Options

Thanks very much for the commentary, Red Midland. Absolutely agree with Seth's comments about the battling nature of the squad. Are there any easy games in the Championship?! COYR!

Charlton away?

• Options

Apparently Leeds away. :-)
  • Options
    Give the guys a chance. Hulse hits a post and Wilson scores.
  • Options
    I'm just glad that we're at last creating some decent chances and seem to have a good system for the away games. The trick now is to pick up points in the next two home games v Boro & Cardiff. Rob Hulse is a good player and I'm encouraged that he is at least getting on the end of chances. I think he'll be fine for us. Wilson has had three good games in a week now and there's something about his play that reminds me of John Robinson.
  • Options
    Two very good points in a week.

Need to sort the home form out. Not sure this formation will work at home.

Next two home games both against teams in form so not going to be easy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

I'm just glad that we're at last creating some decent chances and seem to have a good system for the away games. The trick now is to pick up points in the next two home games v Boro & Cardiff. Rob Hulse is a good player and I'm encouraged that he is at least getting on the end of chances. I think he'll be fine for us. Wilson has had three good games in a week now and there's something about his play that reminds me of John Robinson.

Yes, know what you mean...the Robinson comparison is an interesting call.
  • Options
    Another hard fought for and well deserved point. It's only a matter of time before we duplicate the away form at the Valley .. I hope !"!"!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Where do you want us to win games? Obviously we aren't doing it at home, a game at 10th place Leeds and you are delighted with a point! Today was a great point.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I really don't understand the Hulse bashing.

Granted he missed a couple of decent chances, but don't underestimate how hard he works to be an outlet for the team under pressure and playing up front on his own.

He also becomes the extra defender defending corners and free kicks.
    The fact that he played the full 90 minutes today speaks for itself.

Chris Powell will value his performance today, even if some fans don't.
  • Options
    Mike said:

Saga Lout said:

Where do you want us to win games? Obviously we aren't doing it at home, a game at 10th place Leeds and you are delighted with a point! Today was a great point.
    Leeds were unbeaten in 5 games going into Tuesday night's game - given our poor performance against Barnsley & teh fact that we went 1-0 down it was an excellent fightback & result in my book.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I'll take an away point at 10th on Tuesday night after losing at home to 19th on the Saturday.#

An away point at 6th is even better. COYR, only a matter of time before we propel ourselves up the table. Once we have our main attacking outlet back through Wiggins, alongside our two most potent strikers at this level in Fuller and Kermorgant, I can't wait to see how we go against these kind of sides.
  • Options
    Main question now is what formation do we play at home? 4-5-1 or 4-4-2? It looked poor at home vs Barnsley last week but we didn't look like conceding during the 1st half, Powell might stick with 4-5-1 until we can play either Fuller with Kerms\Hulse up front
  • Options
    Has to be seen as a great point. Who wouldn't have taken it before the game ? Need Fuller back and I want him fit and firing on all cylinders come 1st December.
  • Options
    Your away form is petty decent...less pressure/expectations or more luck?
  • Options
    @Super_horns I don't think there is undue pressure on the players at home. I just think we're struggling to find the right blend of players and tactics in the final third. We've cracked it away, just need the home formula.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good point again, this side is so much more resilient than our last attempt at this level.

Now please lets get a win out of these next 2 home games, tough as they look on paper.
  • Options
    Brilliant point once again away from home BUT a point per game to the end of the season won't keep us up so we need to grab a few wins , from somewhere anywhere like the other 2 sarf london numpties keep doing...
    Well done Wilson for the goal
    Injuries are part and parcel of football and last season we had the rub not so much this year .... Sounds like we may have got a decision in our favour but that never really happens so foreget that

Masiciat or whatever it is is a guru he called it again during the match * doffs cap*

0% top 6 ..... 10% 7th-12th .... 65% 13th-21st ... 25% the dreaded drop
  • Options
    Good result but we could (should) have won again by the sound of it. Not quite getting the rub of the green it seems. What with injuries and chances being missed. That will change though. I think Chris is starting to find the formation he likes. Now to sort out the home form. I really do feel Chris is starting to find his feet and hope the Board give him the time he needs. Encouraging. I love Chris Powell.
  • Options
    All these fans sitting at home slagging off holes when they did not infant see his performance really annoy me. Yes he could've got a goal but overall he put in a great shift upfront, like the Wilson saga again, slagging him off after 2 games ... Happy with a point, wanted 3 but hey ho
  • Options
    I don't think you can blame people for slagging him off. It sounded like he missed a few sitters. Will be interesting to read the reports of those who were there.
  • Options
    Two good away results - negative is that despite that, the table looks worse tonight than it did this time last week, or indeed this morning.

Sickened by the Palace and Millwall results.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Off-It, Charlton away an easy match, when do we play them? ;-)
  • Options
    This is the worst post match thread I've ever read.
  • Options
    We are feeling unlucky cos we've come away drawing two games we could have won. Bet Leicester and hull came away from ours feeling hard done by!!! Swings and roundabouts. Excellent two points this week in my view especially after the crud served up last Saturday.
  • Options
    At game not knocking Hulse but thought was rather lazy in running back or even linking play also missed good chance near end and when folk day unlucky to hit post then wilson turn in well then he missed two so being honest thought he had poor game