Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves 1-1 Charlton | Post Match Views

WSSWSS
edited October 2012 in General Charlton
Taken it before, not after it seems.

Cutting edge lacking? Lets try not to have this thread slagging off Rob Hulse eh?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Only 1 player to blame for this...
  • Options
    Team performance was again good.

Shame we are not getting the points that it deserves.
  • Options
    Get Fuller back ASAP.
  • Options
    On balance a draw was probably fair - sounded like we were pretty poor first half and lucky to only be 1 down. Two good away draws against top sides.
  • Options
    Sounds like both teams squandered chances so maybe a fair result.

I'll give Hulse a bit longer before I make my mind up.
  • Options
    It sounds like Rob Hulse ran himself into the ground today.

Shame about the missed chances, but every player gets days when it doesn't go for them.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Other than Hulse it sounded like a great team performance and I'm more than happy with a point. If we keep playing like that away and sort out our home form we should move up the table in no time.

It just could've been 6 points this week instead of 2!!!!!!! But thats great considering i thought we were going to 0 at the start of it.
  • Options
    Stats Addicks first-:
    possession 55% - 45%
    shots on 3 - 6
    shots off 6 - 2
    corners 2 - 2

GOALS 1 -1
  • Options
    Focus on the positives, could easily have been 2 down had their goal been allowed, so to come away with a point is excellent - well done to all the lads. Unbeaten & on top for much of the game against Leeds & Wolves - not bad eh?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

On balance a draw was probably fair - sounded like we were pretty poor first half and lucky to only be 1 down. Two good away draws against top sides.

In what way are Leeds a top side?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only just got in and this is the first thread I opened. Good point away from home.
  • Options
    Problem for us is the next 2 home games are very tough....knowing Charlton they will win them both.
  • Options
    When we get some of our injured players back we will get stronger. We didn't throw in the towel at one nil down, we have done well and absolutely have a platform to build on.
    I for one, aside from external problems, am enjoying seeing how we're adjusting to the new challenges, how the players and management staff are learning and responding, how hard they are working and trying for us.
    Great result, massive respect to all the football staff, and of course those who travelled today.
  • Options
    Strikers have days like that unfortunately. Especially strikers short on confidence.

Happy to take yet another point from another tough away match. Let's get our home results right and we will start climbing that table
  • Options
    It's the same story again, how many times this season we should have won a game but end up with a draw.
    Good point though but don't understand why BWP wasn't brought on for Hulse.
  • Options
    Good overall performance....pity about Hulse missing a few chances but so did they so 1-1 fair result I think....now sort out home form and head for mid-table and lets see what second half of season brings.....2 very good away points after the last two games at Leeds and today.......positives here in my opinion.......cheers all back next Saturday at 2 pm
  • Options
    More than happy with the last two results.

People so quickly forget we are missing key players.

Sounded like we had good support up there again today.
  • Options
    Could've had 6 points from these two away games. Got to take our chances though, two hard home games coming up now but happy with 2 well earned points away from home.

So tight this league and I think it'll be like that all season.
  • Options
    As already said and will be mentioned again throughout the evening...would have taken two points before the week started...but seems so close to getting six.
    Deserved the three on Tuesday, today sounds like another hard graft performance from the lads, just not hitting back of the net as much as we need.
    Certainly table doesn't show where we should be, just have to start getting the odd goal to change these tight games around. Still nearly always one goal in it.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    See Hulse as a different player to BWP and fulfils a sometimes unvalued role that no one else fit at the club could have done. A second striker could have been brought on but that might have lost us our midfield drive. A compromise option might have been to bring on Razak for one of the central midfiled three.

Either way decent result.

Side note - well done Killie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Granted I only listened on commentary but it sounded to me like Hulse ran hard and held the ball up well, but was poor in front of goal. If you're playing one up front you need that strong physical presence and we got a point away at a team who were Premiership last season. I suspect he turned in a good performance, shame he bottled it when he had a chance to score.

We really need to start playing in the first half. We haven't scored in the first 45 and at this level we can't keep chasing games and only giving ourselves half a game to get a result. Still, good point. Barnsley lost 4-1 to Forest at home as evidence of what a weird season this is
  • Options
    A very good point.

For the second game running it sounds like we had enough chances to have won it. That's frustrating, but at least we're making chances - which hasn't always been the case this season.
  • Options
    Sounded like an excellent 2nd half performance, but only 1 point gained again. We have slipped to 20th, just 2 points above the relegation zone. This division is just so tight & we really need to start picking up some home wins to take the pressure off. This was a great result but we still have a lot to do.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Mike said:

Saga Lout said:

In what way are Leeds a top side?
    Initial reaction: Why are people always having a go on here?

Considered response: they're 10th we're 20th.
  • Options
    Only followed it here but it sounds like Hulse was everywhere today.
  • Options
    Time that Hulse picked up the scapegoat baton from Wilson.Wasnt there today but it appears that we were poor first half and were the better team in the second half.Would definitely have taken a draw in each of the last two games,but we had some decent chances to win both.We just need to improve our home form and we will be back on track.
  • Options
    Granted that we're all happy with a point but down to 20th though, and could slip further if Bristol City win
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yes Lawrie:

• Options
    Another great point away from home. Assume the ones slagging off Hulse saying BWP should have come on are the same ones who were slagging off BWP for his late misses against Leeds???
  • Options
    Maybe our approach is the price we are having to pay given our resources right now.
    We could play more up front, lose 4 games 3-2, but get a 2-1 win...or we can sacrifice an aspect of our play to go away from home and see a series of 1-1's as a confidence builder, a platform for more in the future.
    I reckon we have the right approach at the moment away from home....but we really have two massive challenges coming up at home now...and what we need is probably an outstanding performance from an individual (BWP for instance), a bit of a turn around in our luck, Boro and/or Cardiff being a bit below par, and a shocking decision or three going in our favour!