Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daylight Robbery???????????

2»

Comments

• Options

51 tickets? FIFTY-FUCKING ONE!?!?!? You must drive like an absolute arsehole to get that number of tickets.

It's ok though, because 46 of them were successfully appealed.
  • Options
    Aye - makes all the difference offy. Clearly they were all fraudulently issued in the first place.
  • Options
    I've been arrested 51 times for murder. But I managed to get off all but 5 of the charges.
  • Options
    Hmmm, people are not usually driving when they get parking tickets, so I'm maybe not so much a danger to the public. Personally I've only had 7 tickets in 50 years...best to read posts properly before commenting.

• Options

Hmmm, people are not usually driving when they get parking tickets, so I'm maybe not so much a danger to the public. Personally I've only had 7 tickets in 50 years...best to read posts properly before commenting.

"I contest every ticket, 51 tickets, paid 5...there comes a point when the paperwork for them just isnt worth the hassle."

Nope, still not getting it. You said 51.
  • Options

Nope. Parking is a part of driving. And besides, you've had 51 tickets, not seven (or even 50 - you're contradicting yourself). Just because you haven't paid them, doesn't mean you haven't had the tickets. As a counterpoint, I've been driving for 18 years, and have had two tickets - both of which I paid, as I was in the wrong (like pretty much everyone is when they get a parking or road regulation contravention)

• Options
    Did you raise your bat when you got fifty on the board?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

LOL

• Options
    Fight it, the Council will send you a letter saying fine is suspended while they investigate it, say you went through but had to pull back slightly because of the car in front forced you too, they cannot prove this, if they still say you have to pay then check everything on the letter like date and times etc, send them another one saying you don't think you should be paying it because of the same issue you stated in the first letter.

You should eventually get off with it, but dont give in, try it.
  • Options
    Sounds great. An excellent use of council tax - having the council waste about 500 quid of our money on fighting a perfectly legally issued ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sounds great. An excellent use of council tax - having the council waste about 500 quid of our money on fighting a perfectly legally issued ticket.

Happyclapper, lets get shafted by anyone, by the slightest possible soft touch law.
  • Options
    RM, really annoying for such a petty "offence".

Yellow box junctions do appear on Thai roads and are generally ignored, apart from the foreign drivers, occasionally. I've never seen anyone have to pay a fine for this offence, there again I have never seen anyone have to pay a fine for running a red light or driving on the wrong side of the road and nobody ever stops at a zebra crossing. I have paid a small bribe for speeding, once, though in Bangkok foreigners are routinely pulled over and fined for non-existent infringements. NB fines are not always ticketed; much of the money goes into the unofficial fund that gets split at the end of the month.

I hate to think the driving offences I would rack up if I were to drive in Britain again.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    One of my pet hates, people stopping on a yellow box. Same as people blocking turnings in cueing traffic!

Pay up I say!
  • Options

Fight it, the Council will send you a letter saying fine is suspended while they investigate it, say you went through but had to pull back slightly because of the car in front forced you too, they cannot prove this, if they still say you have to pay then check everything on the letter like date and times etc, send them another one saying you don't think you should be paying it because of the same issue you stated in the first letter.

I can't see how there is any defence - you should not enter a box junction unless your exit is clear. If the car in front of you stops, you haven't made sure your exit is clear.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I've been arrested 51 times for murder. But I managed to get off all but 5 of the charges.

Is your surname Berlusconi?
  • Options

say you went through but had to pull back slightly because of the car in front forced you too, they cannot prove this, if they still say you have to pay then check everything on the letter like date and times etc, send them another one saying you don't think you should be paying it because of the same issue you stated in the first letter.

The guy has fell foul to our to our traffic laws and now you think its a good idea for him to make stories up to get out of paying a small fine? I say small because thats what it will be if your found out.

Annoying as it is it would be best just to pay up and learn from it.
  • Options

say you went through but had to pull back slightly because of the car in front forced you too, they cannot prove this, if they still say you have to pay then check everything on the letter like date and times etc, send them another one saying you don't think you should be paying it because of the same issue you stated in the first letter.

The guy has fell foul to our to our traffic laws and now you think its a good idea for him to make stories up to get out of paying a small fine? I say small because thats what it will be if your found out.

Annoying as it is it would be best just to pay up and learn from it.
    I don't agree, yes if he is in the middle of the box I can understand but if it was 90% clear and just his bumper hanging over then that is just harsh and the fine should not be paid, part of the problem in this country is everyone is just happy to get shafted and pay up to anything without a fight.

• Options
    RobRob
    edited October 2012

I can't see how there is any defence - you should not enter a box junction unless your exit is clear. If the car in front of you stops, you haven't made sure your exit is clear.
    In his defence though there is a thing known as anticipation on the road. He was obviously watching the traffic ahead and anticipated that the cars would be moving forward. Then, for a few seconds, things changed a bit so he was left hanging over the box. You could argue that RM was actually helping to ease the gridlock by using common sense and not following the letter of the law. I'm not sure if he would win an appeal but I say this is another example of bureaucratic bollix. The 'happy clappers' (I thought that was funny) obviously wouldn't agree.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    shirty5 said: