Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Serbian FA Statement. 2pm, 17/10/12.

2»

Comments

• Options
    The problem is - they end up punishing us by not giving us tournaments etc... Let's see how this pans out. Our press will not let them off the hook I suspect and they are our best weapon in all this.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

I think it has to come to the point where we have to make a stand, if EUFA/FIFA do very little or punish us nearly as much the FA should act. We have to make a statment, next time any of our players are abused the whole team should leave the pitch and refuse to play. Or even withdraw from all the competitions these idiots put out at international level for 4 years.

I may have a surprise for you. The FA have basically said pretty much what you suggest

Credit to them.
  • Options
    Horne statement on Serbia
    Wednesday, 17 October, 2012
    FA General Statement Alex Horne has made a statement following events in Serbia on Tuesday

FA General Statement Alex Horne has made a statement following the events in Serbia on Tuesday night where England Under-21s players were subjected to racial abuse.

“We were shocked and appalled by the disgraceful events that occurred in Serbia last night.

“Our players and staff were subjected to racial abuse, violence as well as missiles being thrown at them throughout the match. What occurred is inexcusable and not acceptable.

“After collating evidence from those present, including an FA crowd advisor, we are making a formal complaint to UEFA today (Wednesday).

“We call on UEFA to take the strongest possible action against the Serbian FA, their supporters and anyone found guilty of being involved in the numerous instances of violence and abuse.

“We have also been in contact with UEFA’s senior executives to express our deep concern at this matter.

“It is also clear that we must defend Danny Rose, who was sent off due to the frustration of being a target of racial abuse.

“FA officials made UEFA officials aware of racist abuse from sections of the crowd aimed at a number of England’s black players at half-time on Tuesday evening.

“This matter was discussed again during a meeting with UEFA after those disgraceful scenes which followed the final whistle.

“No football team should be asked to play in any environment where racial abuse, violence and threatening behaviour is prevalent. We must question the validity of sending a team to Serbia in the future.

“We look forward to UEFA dealing with last night's events as a matter of urgency.”
  • Options

I think it has to come to the point where we have to make a stand, if EUFA/FIFA do very little or punish us nearly as much the FA should act. We have to make a statment, next time any of our players are abused the whole team should leave the pitch and refuse to play. Or even withdraw from all the competitions these idiots put out at international level for 4 years.
    I may have a surprise for you. The FA have basically said pretty much what you suggest

Credit to them.

Yep since seen it, fair play to them. All nations have a right to play football, but to act in a hateful manner due to differences
  • Options
    Disciplinary proceedings against both fa's

Serbia for improper conduct of players and racist chanting by fans

Fa improper conduct of players
  • Options
    The first should excuse the second - but anyway - in the footage I have seen -it is the Serbian players that are the main aggressors and the only ones in need of control!!!! Or is FA being charged for a racially abuse player kicking the ball out of play in frustration after the game. Not totally surprised though TBH.
  • Options
    Just been looking at comments around the web from articles here and whilst generally most are dsgusted by the actions of the Serbians last night a minority seem to be saying "footballers earn enough so they should get on with it"

If that is the attitude with a small number then maybe its no surprise the countries who have such major issues don't learn and often get away with it.

Fines clearly don't do anything for a lot of people in football but being banned from games/tournaments would..
  • Options
    Sometimes the time comes to show where you stand. FIFA is good with the words but they are meaningless if they cop out of this.
  • Options
    Platini should resign!
  • Options
    Dear UEFA.

Sorry for the incident but we would like to make it clear that no commercial partners were directly affected by it. Please find enclosed a check for €560.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It is very obvious what will happen

Fifa and uefa will have a week long meeting to discuss what to do

Serbia will be fined 30000 euro with 20000 euro suspended

They will be warned about their future conduct and their last chance saloon warning will be extended by another 18 months

Danny rose will be fined personally 10000 euro and banned for his second yellow and have the ban increased for inciting the crowd

The english fa will be fined 20000 euro with 10000 euro suspended and a 18 month warning on failure to control their players

Feck me, I think Michel Platini is on here posing as NLA; word for word I reckon. Shame on UEFA i f they bottle this one.
  • Options
    Any word from Sepp or Michel?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I spoke to both earlier and posted what they said

If I get the fines right then will people accept I am ITK

8+)
  • Options
    I think we should stop playing in these countries, I very much doubt the racism is going to stop if they ban them or fine them. Eastern Europe is very different to Western Europe with the way it deals with racism.
  • Options
    Platini needs the eastern block vote to allow him to keep the power he as on FIFA so he will do as little as he can and as much as he can to keep there vote.

I would like our FA as punishment to ban as from now any transfer of Serbian players to the British leagues -those under 21 players involved in that incident no matter how much potential should have a 5 year transfer ban minimum

Serbia should be banned from staging home games for 5 years
    Serbian officials and players involved in the violence min 2 year ban

Do you reckon cos we bombed the f@@k out of them they don't like us

• Options
    When did we "bomb the f@@k out of them"?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Just watching it on the BBC - they are also saying that Danny Rose acted in an "inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner" towards their fans.

You really couldn't make it up.

No, but i'm pretty sure I heard Sepp making a monkey noise.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

When did we "bomb the f@@k out of them"?

We didnt, but even if we had it wouldnt have change the mindset. Having lived there the main problem they have with us is our religon (Protestant) and that we were once colonists. Cant quite recall how many times I had to point our that I wasnt religous and wasnt old enough to have taken part in the rape and pileage of other countries. They've been playing the hate game for 3,000 years. Should never have intervened when it all went off in the nineties...they will never change.

ps. Before anyone says it's a minority...it isnt.

• Options
    Here we go again - wasn't this why the first thread got pulled?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Here we go again - wasn't this why the first thread got pulled?

Don't tell me someone posted my exact same post on another thread...what a coincidence.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    FIFA will roll over and do the minimum.
  • Options
    The way to deal with this is to put pressure on FIFAs sponsors. Money is waht make Sepp tick, so if it they were to threaten to pull out on any deals that might actually start them into action.

It'd be for the wrong reasons but it might at least get the result that's required.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The Serbians are a total disgrace.

They should be banned for two tournaments. I actually think they could be too. It's only Serbia, sponsors are hardly going to pull out because Serbia aren't at a major tournament. Would be a different story if it was Spain with their marketing value, they'd never ban them.

I actually think FIFA will come down hard on Serbia here, it's going to look so bad on FIFA's part if they don't.
  • Options
    Ref & assistants have some explaining to do. When aware of missiles & chanting as they must have, he should stop the game and go to stadium officials to get stewards/police to take action. In the melee afterwards, they should have carded everyone who showed violent intent.
  • Options
    Exactly hg, what was the ref thinking.

"Goalkeeper Jack Butland had, among other things, a seat and a brick thrown at him. Despite showing the objects to Turkish match official Huseyin Gocek nothing was done and it was to Butland’s immense credit that he kept his wits as well as a clean sheet."

I read in one report the ref just told him to get on with it? Thats ridiculous.

I hope they get a ban.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Exactly hg, what was the ref thinking.

"Goalkeeper Jack Butland had, among other things, a seat and a brick thrown at him. Despite showing the objects to Turkish match official Huseyin Gocek nothing was done and it was to Butland’s immense credit that he kept his wits as well as a clean sheet."

I read in one report the ref just told him to get on with it? Thats ridiculous.

I hope they get a ban.

You only had to see the decisions the Ref was giving against us to know he was bottling it the entire game

• Options
    It was a Turkish ref.

He's used to hand grenades going off and carrying on playing.