Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Not a joke: They really said this.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    right, yeah..
  • Options
    Just seen it on SSN. Nasty lot.
  • Options
    Just watching it on the BBC - they are also saying that Danny Rose acted in an "inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner" towards their fans.

You really couldn't make it up.

Any word from Sepp or Michel?
  • Options
    Couldn't believe what I heard when Sky Sports read the statement after airing the piece by Danny Rose and the YouTube clip of the chants :-(
  • Options
    In some way im glad they have denied it.

The Serbian FA could have come out and told FIFA they will deal with all players and staff in a strict and severe manner, but now they have denied it and the evidence is there for even FIFA to see, the footballing bodies can charge the Serbian FA and its teams as a whole and very firmly.
  • Options

The Serbian FA could have come out and told FIFA they will deal with all players and staff in a strict and severe manner, but now they have denied it and the evidence is there for even FIFA to see, the footballing bodies can charge the Serbian FA and its teams as a whole and very firmly.

Good point Gary.

Looking forward, sort of, to Friday night beers with my Serbian buddy. He is of course a 'refugee' from the early 90s and hates the old murderous tribalism. I just wonder which way he will fall on this one.

• Options

They could but they won't. Yet another derisory fine on the way, probably about one fiftieth of what Nicolas Bendtner was fined for wearing Paddy Power pants.
  • Options
    "FA of Serbia absolutely refuses and denies that there were any occurrences of racism before and during the match at the stadium in Kruševac. Making connection between the seen incident - a fight between members of the two teams - and racism has absolutely no ground and we consider it to be a total malevolence."

It said the match officials reported no incidents of racism and that such reports in the media were "misinformation."

"In support of our statement, there are preliminary reports of the match officials at the match Serbia-England. None of them in any moment did mention a racist situation and we expect that human and sports culture of our football friends from England will win the over misinformation spread."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And whilst all this is going on that Bosnian Serb fella is sitting in court lying through his teeth about the people he killed, claiming they weren't dead bodies but "dummys".

Must be a cultural thing.
  • Options
    But Rose admitted that the abuse from the fans was going on much earlier.

The Sunderland left-back, currently on loan from Tottenham Hotspur, was also given a second yellow card during the fracas after the final whistle for kicking the ball away in frustration of what he was enduring on the pitch.

As Rose headed for the tunnel, a Serbian player ran 20 yards across to him in confrontation. As the England man ignored his opponent, abuse rained down at him from the crowd.

"As I went off again there was monkey chanting, but the monkey chanting started long before I got sent off.

Rose added: "It started when we went out for the warm-up.

"They started the monkey chanting straight away. I asked the lads if they could hear it and they said they could hear it.

"In the first half I went down to get the ball for a throw-in and the fans started again with the monkey chants, but the first half was nowhere near as bad as the second half.

"In the second half I had two stones hit me on the head when I went to get the ball for a throw-in. Every time I touched the ball there was monkey chanting again.”

Speaking to Sky Sports News, Rose was also concerned that the abuse was affecting his concentration and was worried it would cost his team the match.

"After 60 minutes my mind wasn't really on the game after that. I was just so angry and it was just so hard to concentrate.

"I could have cost the lads the game because I made a few mistakes through not concentrating.

"Then obviously we scored. After 90 minutes' worth of abuse I just expressed my emotions as soon as we scored.

"Then the next thing I know all the Serbia players have run over and were all surrounding me, pushing me and a brawl broke out."

In a statement following the game, The FA said they condemn both the scenes of racism and the confrontation at the final whistle, during which time England players and staff were under extreme provocation.

The FA has reported a number of incidents of racism to UEFA following the fixture. These were seemingly aimed at a number of England's black players by the crowd. The matter is now with UEFA.
  • Options
    What a bunch of grade A c*nts. Poor Rose, that's not what you need when you're trying to do your country proud.
  • Options
    Weren't all the Serbian players just running over to Rose to shake his hand and make it all better?
  • Options
    Absolutely unbelievable.
  • Options

d as the second half.

"In the second half I had two stones hit me on the head when I went to get the ball for a throw-in. Every time I touched the ball there was monkey chanting again.”

Was this caught on camera? Surely not even the FIFA apologists could ignore a player being hit by stones?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Addicted said:

Weren't all the Serbian players just running over to Rose to shake his hand and make it all better?

yeah Rose. grow up. thats how all racial issues are delt with in football.

shake hands and forget it ever happened. dont become the bad guy.

• Options
    Wooooooosh!
  • Options
    Not surprised at all at what happened last night. You just have to look into the history of the Serbs to know what they are like .
  • Options
    Because it's England, Blatter and/or Platini will do f*** all. If it had been France or The Netherlands or another country with a number of black players they would be all over it.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Wooooooosh!

was actually going with it a bit more. i probably over did the joke because of it. oh well...
  • Options
    It is very obvious what will happen

Fifa and uefa will have a week long meeting to discuss what to do

Serbia will be fined 30000 euro with 20000 euro suspended

They will be warned about their future conduct and their last chance saloon warning will be extended by another 18 months

Danny rose will be fined personally 10000 euro and banned for his second yellow and have the ban increased for inciting the crowd

The english fa will be fined 20000 euro with 10000 euro suspended and a 18 month warning on failure to control their players
  • Options

Addicted said:

yeah Rose. grow up. thats how all racial issues are delt with in football.

shake hands and forget it ever happened. dont become the bad guy.

To be fair a slight bit of truth in this. Fans who abuse any player, whether it be for the colour of their skin, what they get up to in their personal lives or previous teams they have played for. Those fans are only ever seeking a reaction or to try and put said player off their game.

I know it's hard to be the bigger man in the situation and not react, I'm fairly sure I'd probably react in the same way but I bet those fans that were abusing Rose last night absolutely loved his reaction and the red card.
  • Options
    Another example of Serbs making up their own truth - you just have to listen to the evidence of Karadic (sp?) in The Hague war crimes trial...
  • Options
    Apparently even some UEFA twonk got hit by something.

So this time, maybe, just maybe....
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

Wooooooosh!

was actually going with it a bit more. i probably over did the joke because of it. oh well...
    LOL, sorry. Went over my head!
  • Options
    Hope I'm wrong but feels like a stitch up in the offing. Serbians denying - Ref not seeing anything - FIFA rep not seeing anything. Will conveniently avoid the need for a damaging investigation.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Hope I'm wrong but feels like a stitch up in the offing. Serbians denying - Ref not seeing anything - FIFA rep not seeing anything. Will conveniently avoid the need for a damaging investigation.

The Wenger family.

• Options
    Premier League ‏@premierleague
    Have your say on how football can move towards zero tolerance of discrimination in @kickitout's fan consultation survey http://bit.ly/RCj2Go
    Retweeted by Kick It Out
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I think it has to come to the point where we have to make a stand, if EUFA/FIFA do very little or punish us nearly as much the FA should act. We have to make a statment, next time any of our players are abused the whole team should leave the pitch and refuse to play. Or even withdraw from all the competitions these idiots put out at international level for 4 years.