Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

People you have met with comedy names

Comments

• Options
    The quiz show with Bradley Walsh has a question about Fanny Schmeler
  • Options
    When my father taught at KweKwe High in Zimbabwe, among the pupils were;

Fire-Engine
    Never Again
    Water-Coolant
  • Options
    Got an associate called P. Nuss I don't know ig her partner has a name starting with A, but I hope so
  • Options
    I worked at a place where our head of German marketing was Naughty Kuntz
  • Options

One of the biggest companies in Turkey is owned by Mustafa Koc. President of Koc Holdings.

That's a coincidence!

• Options
    Emmanuel Pingpong.... I mean Frimpong ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This one makes me giggle...cant think why...

and works for the Centre of Adult Oral Health. You just couldnt make it up...
  • Options
    There was a girl in Accounts once called Sarah Swindells.

Here in Holland they have some very literal names. Not uncommon is Naaktegeboren (Born naked), and my neurologist is called Dr Vroegindeweij (Early in the meadow).
  • Options
    Not met anyone with a strange name, but many moons ago dealt with a calibration company called Wayne Kerr, imagine the joy of being the receptionist working there, "good morning........."
  • Options
    Andy Shitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    guy called Ali Ba ba was in charge of our stoes
  • Options
    Ian Dowie
  • Options
    Taught to drive a fork lift back in the 80's by a guy called Mr Trainer, and my Driving test examiner was Mrs Learner, I sh** you not.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    The funniest name I have seen (and met)....I had a rep come to see me once (about 8 years ago).....his name was hilarious......he handed me his bushiness card for me to read......Mr Shaun Muff...............I kid you not.....but had to stay professional until he had gone as one does.
  • Options
    I knew of a guy called Colin Wanker, who changed his name to Neil Warnock.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

my Driving test examiner was Mrs Learner, I sh** you not.

That's one hell of a double barreled name!
  • Options

Here in Holland they have some very literal names. Not uncommon is Naaktegeboren (Born naked), and my neurologist is called Dr Vroegindeweij (Early in the meadow).

Reminds me of the joke about the american indian boy who asks his father, the chief how people get heir names.

His father explains that the morning after a child is born the flaps of the teepee are pulled apart and the child is named after the first thing that they see.

"For example" he explains "running water was born by a river, rising sun was born in the middle of summer"

"Anyway, why do you ask 2 dogs f*cking?"
  • Options
    There was a boy at School called Richard Sole and as was the way in those days his name was always read out as R Sole. My first dentist was Bruce Payne .. true to his name he never gave anesthetic for fillings.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thomas Crapper, flush lavatory manufacturer, although I confess even I'm not old enough to have met him.
    But if you need a crap - well, that's the origin of the word.

But he did invent ballcocks.
  • Options
    Did know a girl called Arianna Salenius.

basically, Missalenius
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    notsuch a comedy name but i work with a hardened millwall fan named Minnie wellwet... thought she prefer bein called Lisa... i still crack up when someone says Minnie lol
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

There was a boy at School called Richard Sole and as was the way in those days his name was always read out as R Sole. My first dentist was Bruce Payne .. true to his name he never gave anesthetic for fillings.

Would that be the famous 'R Sole brown to tea, and all his family.......'

• Options
    Played golf years ago with a Steve Hook and a Phil Duffit.
  • Options
    Hugh Janus used to play for Accrington Stanley
  • Options
    Dentist in St Paul's Cray called Dr Pullar. My old man had a dentist in Eltham called Dr Blood. Have heard of Alan Key and and Phyllis Stein.
  • Options
    My daughters had a dance teacher called Mrs Tapp and a drama teacher called Mrs Queen.
  • Options

One of the biggest companies in Turkey is owned by Mustafa Koc. President of Koc Holdings.

That's a coincidence!

Just call me Mystic Neil.
  • Options
    Bloke at work bought a brompton fold up bike and was invited to a brompton convention by the owners club organiser, Quinton Pullinger. Had to put Barry Turgoose intoa construction document this week. The same document already includes John Barnes and Andy townsend and a firm working on the same project are called Pottie Wilson. Not been a bad week for bizzarre nameage.
  • Options

Saw the name Fanny Balls on a headstone once
    Also went out with a girl called Theresa Green

Was she from Welling? I went out with a Teresa Green

Went to school with Marcus Glasscock, understandably he was a bit of a hardnut. ( No pun intended)
  • Options
    This is one I put up on the other thread, I worked in Orpington with a Wayne King back in the 80's.
    I used a lawyer here in Sydney called Atticus Busby.