Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup - EUROPE RETAIN, hold on WIN!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Ukdqfkhjrqejgkheqrjkchjksadhvjjkhbjkfdwjgdsckjenvejkddq
  • Options
    Holy shit how does he keep doing it? What a player
  • Options
    Wow momentum is the key in this

Dare we dream
  • Options
    'Nite lads . Thanks for your company .

Same again tomorrow ?
  • Options
    Fucking hellfire. That man is absolutely, completely, unbelievably fucking awesome.
  • Options
    You have to love the intensity
  • Options
    5 birdie finish! The man lives and breathes Ryder Cup!
  • Options
    Can he play all twelve games tomorrow for us?
  • Options
    Send him out first, let him destroy someone's confidence and put it up the rest of them following.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    God I hope he wins a major one day.
  • Options
    Get him out anywhere in the first 3 and luke and nick 2 early points

• Options
    Can't see it Leroy, great player but just not consistent enough. Relishes this scenario more than a major. Shame cause he's been my favourite player for as long as I can remember.
  • Options
    He should've been a footballer he just plays so well in team games when he has the pressure of lifting and raising others

Golf such a selfish sport normally you want a Brit to win but you can sit back and admire all golfers and not be too annoyed who wins

But in this you are just willing people to miss and others to not

Those last 2 holes for me was like watching England in a pen shoot out but with more faith
  • Options
    Bradley is still a wanker
  • Options
    Can't agree with that. He's played out of his skin, and is just loving the atmosphere. He's their Poulter. He has, however, got a face that is amongst the most punchworthy I have ever seen.
  • Options
    Polo - he's one of those players that potentially has a major in him. Witness the front nine of the uspga this year when he birdied six out of the first seven to put the wind up Rory. He's definitely got a chance at Augusta. I agree, he's not likely to win one, but it is possible.
  • Options
    I don't doubt his golfing ability. But he looks so wrong. I just hate his face.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

can't we have RedMidland doing shot by shot coverage, not you bunch of amateurs.

Grass to grass, and grass again and it's in the hole. Not sure who scored.

• Options
    I have followed Poults career ever since the sun sponsored him the year he first won his European Tour Card. He is the last of the original golf breed who began their career as a Assistant Pro down your local golf club, the type you see down Birchwood selling you 100 balls. He didn't have a illustrious Walker Cup career or get a golf scholarship a la Donald or Casey, just bloody hard work and determination. He won rookie of the year in his first year on tour. A few years ago his career seemed to be stalling but he had laser eye surgery which really has helped his game. I love the man but he won't win a major as he doesn't have the patience for it. To win a major you have to have superb course management and be able to accept bogeys. Poults finds this hard, I'm not talking about a course set up to be won in 15 under par, I'm talking about a us or our open course, if you look at his record he struggles when he has to grind a even round. When he has 14 straight pars and misses during that time say 2 or 3 good birdie chances, if he then makes a bogey he struggles to accept it. He then feels he must make a birdie at all costs on the next, which invariably ends with another bogey or double in many cases. If you gathered his scorecards from these type of tournaments it is there in black and white and stands out. Poults in his heart of hearts probably knows this, but at the same time this makes him a outstanding matchplay player going for broke. He has won the accenture and volvo world matchplay championships in the past and is a ryder cup must for all captains. This makes Olly disgraceful decision to drop on Friday afternoon even more baffling. His reason, Poulter isn't long enough to reach all the par 5's in two. Well Olly what he can do is put the ball in the hole, something a few of you stellar players haven't done all week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2012
    How do you see this panning out today Steve?

Good post btw.
  • Options
    He is doing all he can loading the top,try to keep the crowd quiet. I just think we have left ourselves too much to do, and we have too many players woefully out of form, Kaymer , McDowell, Westwood. Another point that grates me is the way the course has been set up. I hope after this year the European Golf Tour and US PGA agree on guidelines. To have no rough on a golf course is a disgrace and says a lot for Davis Love's opinion of his players that he can't trust them off the tee. Christ even Ruxley has more rough. David Howell has just eluded to it that when any other tournament is played at Medinah the rough is thick and nasty. I know it's the same for both teams but when you pick a team of big boomers who spray it here there and everywhere off the tee it grates a little. Itks the same reason why Woods can only win Opens at St Andrews.
  • Options
    Today's order of play...

L. Donald vs. B. Watson 5.03pm
    I. Poulter vs. W. Simpson 5.14pm
    R. McIlroy vs. K. Bradley 5.25pm
    J. Rose vs. P. Mickelson 5.36pm
    P. Lawrie vs. B. Snedeker 5.47pm
    N. Colsaerts vs. D. Johnson 5.58pm
    G. McDowell vs. Z. Johnson 6.09pm
    S. Garcia vs. J. Furyk 6.20pm
    P. Hanson vs. J. Dufner 6.31pm
    L. Westwood vs. M. Kuchar 6.42pm
    M. Kaymer vs. S. Stricker 6.53pm
    F. Molinari vs. T. Woods 7.04pm

Fingers crossed that Poults has breathed some life & belief into the team.
  • Options
    Like that. First three points are vital.
  • Options
    I see the two weakest links are last out when it should count for nothing. How will that make the once invincible Woods feel?
  • Options
    And we are off
  • Options
    Good start from Luke
  • Options
    Not so good for poults

Unlucky after he chipped straight in on hole 1 that the sceptic then holed from the fringe

Now 1 down in the 2nd
  • Options
    Great putt from Rose.
  • Options
    Jack Nicklaus agrees with NSS, two great mins think a like.