Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup - EUROPE RETAIN, hold on WIN!!!!

Absolutely pumped for it this year. Hope we stick it to the yanks good and proper. Have a horrible feeling they will hand us our arses, but whatever happens it will be amazing. If I was Ollie, after my team talk, at the end of every day, I'd pause for a few seconds reflection. Then send them out with 'for Seve'.

I'm tearing up here.

Comments

• Options
    you're tearing up?
  • Options
    I can't see Europe losing . On form
    We are head and shoulders ahead of the US .
  • Options
    Always seen it as a bit of an unfair contest, seen as Europe is almost twice as populated as the USA. That said, I, of course, want Europe to win!!
  • Options
    Will be a very emotional ryder cup knowing how much this meant to seve

Just cant help but think the crowd will influence play and we will lose the spirit of the cup

If ollie does it you can imagine how emotional he will be and that he wants it for seve

Lets just hope the great man is watching and helping

Cant wait for this without a doubt the highlight of the sporting calender for me

Fridge full of cider tv on best golfing event nearly here

Can not wait
  • Options
    Have ensured wife is out Friday and Saturday night. Am also playing in my club's Autumn Cup this Saturday and Sunday morning.

Most evenly matched teams in a long while, think their players are in better form, but we have the better Ryder Cup experience - people like Donald, Garcia, Westwood and Poulter have Ryder Cup records far better than others playing.

Will be all about the afternoon of the singles and can see it going down to the last two or three matches at least.

Come on Europe!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hoping Europe stuff 'em so we can silence the chants of 'Get in the hole' and 'U-S-A, U-S-A'......it really does my head in!
    and anyway this ones for Seve.........".c'mon lads lets be aving u"!
  • Options
    Looking forward to sitting in a bar in Barcelona on Sunday watching the singles. Love the Ryder cup. Been watching clips of previous ones all week.
  • Options
    In terms of rankings has got to be the strongest line up ever. Also thinks it's to close to call. Home advantage may give the edge to the usa. No doubt the crowd are going to be loud but I think one or two of ours will enjoy that atmosphere.
  • Options

Always seen it as a bit of an unfair contest, seen as Europe is almost twice as populated as the USA. That said, I, of course, want Europe to win!!

Chrissy - don't cry for the Yanks. I think you will find there are c 25 million registered golfers in the US and something less than 5 million in Europe. Let's take that cup again and celebrate as Europeans! Nothing quite like the Ryder Cup for Europe.

• Options
    love it! taken friday afternoon off to watch it.
    where are all the sky haters now?

on a ballesteros note, someone told me he never made a hole in one. is this true?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not normally one for watching golf on TV but when the Ryder Cup comes round, it makes for compelling watching. No doubt will enjoy it so much I'll end up playing Tiger Woods on the XBox next week.
  • Options
    For anyone that enjoyed the excitement and Passion of the Olympics, I urge you to watch this spectacle.
    By far the best sporting event ever invented.
  • Options
    I can't wait. Absolutely love the Ryder Cup. Day booked off tomorrow and watching the first session in the pub for the afternoon, bring it on.
  • Options
    Absolutely cannot wait!! Will be happy to sit in front of the telly on a Friday night for once!
  • Options
    Got the 3D TV picked up last Saturday in preparation, what a weekend of sport!
  • Options
    Like JohnBoyUK, this is the only golf I tend to watch on TV & really looking forward to seeing as much of it as poss.

E-U-R-O-P-E !!!!!
  • Options
    I absolutely love it and cannot wait for it, it's my weekend sorted anyway
  • Options
    The US team have done everything to give them the edge. They possess the bigger hitters but not the most accurate so Davis (pencil neck) Love has instructed the green staff to cut all the rough down so Tiger and Bubba Watson can spray it all over the place without penalty. The crowd will for the most part be hostile which is a bit daunting. However Europe has the best players by a mile so I predict a very close win for Europe but it's going to be very tough.

Maybe in 2015 we should consider Carnoustie and grow thr rough to 5 feet and then watch Tiger and Bubba spray it around!
  • Options
    think the next one over here is at Gleneagles
  • Options
    and in 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

True but bear in mind half of Europe don't play golf. For a start, take out the population of all the countless countries that made up the old USSR and Yugoslavia (got to be over 250 million surely) because they hardly ever play golf and it's more of a level playing field.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

on a ballesteros note, someone told me he never made a hole in one. is this true?

well, i believe you.

• Options
    Hopefully I will still be working in the same team as I am now they done the Ryder at Celtic manor so the next one over here we will do again

Spoke to my counterpart in the us yesterday and he was like a kid at Xmas lucky sod got access all areas and has been on course for the last 2 weeks
  • Options
    Is it me or is there a bit of extra needle about this one, particularly from the Yanks? They appear to be trying to intimidate through the media a bit more I reckon.
    Anyway, heres praying we give 'em a kicking...and doing it on their patch just makes it sweeter.
  • Options
    How awful is the opening ceremony?! Bloody hell. Let's hope the captains liven it up a bit.
  • Options
    Ollie didnt last long before he cried

It's always boring this bit but it's the tradition and a big bit of the build up

Get the nicety out of the way

Then fight tooth and nail for 3 days

• Options
    I'm not a big Golf fan , but reckon i could get into this.
  • Options
    Love Ollie almost as much as Seve. I was welling up when they showed Ollie crying. Has there ever been a sportsman who has had such an influence on a sport as Seve did?
  • Options
    Justin Frickin Timberlake?!
  • Options
    WSS said:

Justin Frickin Timberlake?!

Is he playing?