Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Simonsen on Charlton Live

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Alan Simonsen is in the studio next Saturday, any questions for the former European Footballer of the Year?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Became a legend in his all too brief stay! But how much did he know about Charlton Athletic before he signed for us and what exactly did Mark Hulyer tell him about the club and his ambitions for it? And please thank him for those few weeks of genius.
  • Options
    does he know if barca let charlton off £200k ?? cos we were skint after we bought him
  • Options
    First impressions when seeing the Valley?
  • Options
    Just tell him he's a legend and probably the best and most technically gifted footballer we've ever had.
  • Options
    Why on Earth did he join us?
    What was it like playing in a team where you were head and shoulders above the quality of your team mates - did you have to restrict the things that you'd do knowing that others wouldn't be up to it?
    What did you know of the situation afterwards when we had to leave The Valley?
  • Options
    What are his memories of the Chelsea game & his two goals?

The best player I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt...wish it had been a time when we could actually have afforded to pay for & keep him.
  • Options
    Did he really start supporting us thanks to our matches being transmitted on Danish TV?
    Would he do some coaching with the Charlton youth team?
    Can I have his autograph?
  • Options
    Can He sign my "Valiant 500" book please ?
  • Options
    How cool was it getting a role in "Happy Days" and then getting his own spin-off series?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

First impressions when seeing the Valley?

This, and a honest answer would be nice, i know if i came from where he did, i would be so upset

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Firstly Peter could you thank him for taking a huge gamble in joining us and allowing us long suffering fans some much needed moments of excitement and sheer brilliance. So many questions:
    Is this his first trip back to the Valley since he left?
    Has he followed our fortunes since?
    What is he doing now?
    Who did he think was the best player during his time with us?
    Would he liked to have stayed longer if we could have afforded his wages?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Has he brought his boots, and what's he doing Saturday?
  • Options
    To be a smart arse, it's definitely not his first visit-he's been on the pitch at half time at least once since we returned to the Valley although not for a few years.
  • Options
    PeteF said:

Alan Simonsen is in the studio next Saturday, any questions for the former European Footballer of the Year?

Will he be 'presented' on the pitch?
  • Options

Has he brought his boots, and what's he doing Saturday?

Fuller and Simonsen up front :-).
  • Options
    Does he realise what an impact his all too brief stay made and how after all these years he is still so highly regarded by so many.
  • Options
    Did he think he was signing for Chelsea when he signed for us?
  • Options
    Can't honestly imagine him saying anything bad about the club, i.e. did he think it was a shit hole? No the big terraces were like Barcelonas, I would have loved to stay etc etc.
    Not knocking having him on & well done to whoever sorts these things out, would love to hear him talking about his career at Charlton
  • Options
    Not so much a question for him (although you can ask him if you like), but does anyone know the date of his debut v Boro?
  • Options

Not so much a question for him (although you can ask him if you like), but does anyone know the date of his debut v Boro?

13/11/82

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking back on being shot and killed in the film "Skytten" (the Marksman) does he still bear a grudge and is there a sense of relief the the subsequent erection of a new stand on that side of the ground makes it impossible to shoot any more players from the same hospital roof?
  • Options

13/11/82

Jesus, where did those 30 years go?
  • Options
    what did he think of the car park pot-holes & what did he really know about us before joining, ie the fact that we were a mid table 2nd tier team with average gates of around 6k
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    We've all seen a few stars in our time as Charlton fans, but he stands out for me as one of my favourite ever players. Would love for him to be presented with a current shirt with 'Legend' on the back. He may have equals in some eyes, but i doubt many believe we've had better.

• Options
    Is he taller than Chris Solly?
  • Options

PeteF said:

Will he be 'presented' on the pitch?
    No idea, the Club deal with that side of things, but if I am honest I cannot see that he will not be.

Thanks all for the questions, keep em coming
  • Options
    never seen a player so much above anyone else on the pitch.
    Could see the other players looking and thinking "that little guy is truly in a different class"
    An honour to see him and have him as one of ours for such a brief time.
  • Options
    Saw every home game he played,no disrespect to the other player,s but he was far ahead in his thinking,passing wise.
    Will he be available before the game to sign autographs?,ie from car park to entrance.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Saw every home game he played,no disrespect to the other player,s but he was far ahead in his thinking,passing wise.
    Will he be available before the game to sign autographs?,ie from car park to entrance.

Hi Derek, I am not sure what time he arrives, I just know what time he is coming into the studio, and I know he will come down from upstairs, if you get there early enough I am sure he will enter via reception, I just don't know what time.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Saw every home game he played,no disrespect to the other player,s but he was far ahead in his thinking,passing wise.Will he be available before the game to sign autographs?,ie from car park to entrance.

I can feel his frustration as I too, often make a pass and none of my team-mates get close to it.