Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cristiano Ronaldo At The Valley

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Callum. That has really put a smile on my face. It really is one of my favorite Charlton moments and sums up that team for me. OK we may be 'little Charlton' but don't take the Mick!
  • Options
    His first game against us was when Paolo di canio and Chris Perry made their full debuts for us.
  • Options
    Harharhar - that's put a smile on my face!
  • Options
    Vintage Kish. So determined.
  • Options
    I was blown away by him in that game in 2003. Infact I don't think I have been so mesmerised by an opposition player like that. Tied Kishishev in knots.
  • Options
    The first time he played at The Valley, he had more step overs than Michael Flatley.
  • Options

The first time he played at The Valley, he had more step overs than Michael Flatley.

Hahaha very good.
  • Options
    Was chatting football bollocks with a mate and happen to come on to hostile atmospheres.

To this day I cannot think of any opposition player to get more abuse at Charlton than Rolando after the World Cup. The abuse Defoe and Parker got doesn’t go close to that game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was chatting football bollocks with a mate and happen to come on to hostile atmospheres.

To this day I cannot think of any opposition player to get more abuse at Charlton than Rolando after the World Cup. The abuse Defoe and Parker got doesn’t go close to that game. 
    I always remember that season; press said that Ronaldo would get abuse everywhere he went after that World Cup incident

As it turned out we were the only fans to abuse him as it was Man Utd's first away game of the season 
  • Options

I reckon George Curtis of Coventry got more stick after he sent Matt Tees into row D of the old West Stand.
  • Options

Carlton Cole when he played against us for Villa. Was visibly affected by it, even the Charlton players tried to console him at the end of the game.
  • Options
    Grant this season playing for Huddersfield
  • Options
    Lee Hughes when I think he played for Notts County after being released from prison. 

If my memory serves me correctly he missed some sitters and offered a fan out during the game. 
  • Options
    Expect it’s one of his greatest memories of his time in the premiership. 
  • Options
    Loved Graham Stuart 🙂
  • Options
    I am probably wrong but didn’t he play for their reserves against us just after his move to Utd.
  • Options
    That was the highlight of Ronaldo's career , playing at The Valley. It was all down hill after that  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A sign of how long Ronaldo's been playing at a world class level, that he was in the Premier League at the same time as Graham Stuart who left us 15 years ago!
    Playing in the Premier League at the same time as Paolo Di Canio playing for us, think of all the things that have happened in that time, crazy
  • Options
    A sign of how long Ronaldo's been playing at a world class level, that he was in the Premier League at the same time as Graham Stuart who left us 15 years ago!
    And widely considered to even be better now than he was then!
  • Options
    Probably the only current player other than a Charlton game I would get off my arse and buy a ticket to see play 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    And widely considered to even be better now than he was then!
    Graham Stuart?
  • Options
    My son was a mascot for this game.

Its bloody crazy really that Ronaldo is still playing.

@A2TR was about 7/8 at the time.

Cannot find a pic to embarrass him though - grrr.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Shame I can't find footage of it.
  • Options
    If my memory serves me right he dived in front of the Covered end and Roy Keane pulled him up as it was embarrassing!