Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simon Francis

When we signed him I was pleased, he had a good track record in league 1 and had a very good game for Southend against us in our first season in league 1. But he was rubbish for us, always looked good going forward but couldn't defend with oppo goals seeming to come from our right!!! I have been impressed with him so far tonight for Bournemouth against Portsmouth, he is getting forward well but his positioning and defending also seems good (missed first part of the game and hope that Francis didnt give away a soft goal)

Why didn't it work out at Charlton, was it lack of confidence, bad timing, pressure, bad coaching?

Comments

• Charltonised.
  • Confidence played a massive part.
  • He was just shit nothing more nothing less pony player
  • Watched tonight's game too, Francis was excellent, couldn't put a foot wrong
  • Could he be the replacement for Solly if he goes in January.
  • worth 1 billion.
  • Watched Bournemouth's opening game of the season vs Pompey and he didn't look great and Pompey had a fair bit of success against him on that side. Went with a Bournemouth season ticket holder who doesn't particularly rate him either, although he was surprised when I said how a lot of Charlton fans rate him so poorly

Not in Solly's league
  • Good crosser of the ball but as defender - Very poor.

Ha ha!

• Who can forget his footballing masterclass against Preston in the league cup!
  • Sponsored links:

• But we bought him when we had Solly and Jenkinson! Than froze solly out and loaned jerks out. questionable
  • I didn't think he was that bad!
  • between him and david mooney for my favourite ever charlton player
  • Even Bradbury highlighted when he's confident he's a good player - probably the biggest confidence player ive ever seen, If his first involvement in the game was poor it was a long afternoon
  • Bubble said:

Even Bradbury highlighted when he's confident he's a good player - probably the biggest confidence player ive ever seen, If his first involvement in the game was poor it was a long afternoon

Varney was by far the most confidence player i think i ever saw

Francis was just poo

• Watched tonight's game too, Francis was excellent, couldn't put a foot wrong

In a JPT game, a competition we played our third division reserves in. His signing is one of the signs of how clueless Parkinson was. I'm glad we can put that time behind us.
  • Combination of poor confidence, crowd getting on his back (we easily forget the poisonous atmosphere from before Powell came in) and a near complete lack of natural footballing ability
  • Definitely had the touch of the Greg Halford about him.
  • I think SCP wasnt sure on Solly at first hence why he used Jenkinson and Francis instead of him to begin with. And not to forget he tried getting Adam Smith in from Tottenham at the beginning of last season.

Francis struggled big time at Charlton which was very surprising for me as he is a good player.
  • Summed him up really when I went on a visit to the training ground a couple of seasons ago.

We were talking to Powell who had his back to Francis and McCormack who'd stayed behind to do a bit of extra training. McCormack fired the ball out to Francis on the wing, Francis took a touch went to cross it in with his right but knocked it accidentally with his left, the ball rolled on and Francis swung at it with his right boot totally missed it and ended up on his arse. The 3 of us there cracked up laughing and Powell asked us what had happened, when we told him just the look on his face to SF you could just see he was never going to still be there the begining of next season. It seemed a mixture of disgust and disapointment.

Lovely bloke, but was just a bit shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• could have described any game he played
  • FFS, the bloke is a League One player who played for us when we were at our lowest ebb.

Who do you reckon you get for 35k from Southend? Jairzhino? Paolo Maldini?
  • thats no excuse.

he was up against L1 wingers and he was shit. seen milk turn quicker and the fact he nicks a living as a pro makes me dislike football for a second.

still, he can cross a ball.......
  • edited September 2012

• FFS, the bloke is a League One player who played for us when we were at our lowest ebb.

Pawel Abbott

oh no we done that already
  • I thought he was ok, but again just a confidence player. Not solid, but had the odd good game, had a good cross

is this some sort of twisted joke

Pawel Abbott

oh no we done that already
    No, mate, for 35k from Southend you get Oxo McCormack!

To get Pawel you need to pay 25k to Oldham....

• edited September 2012
    shit no wonder abbott was that bad i thought we paid 30k for him that explains the lack of pace,

8-)

and to think we got them both instaed of Danny Graham

• I thought he was a self fulfilling prophesy..he started OK but was torn to shreds by many fans including lots on here..in the end he fulfilled their expectations.

No doubt if thousands tell Lionel Messi he is a complete embarrassment who is not fit to wear the shirt, eventually he will be.

Just for the record, McCormack was in a league of his own in terms of a complete waste of space. Spent most of his Charlton career face down in the mud whimpering and sobbing at the ref.