Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Max Bygraves

13»

Comments

• Honi soit qui mal y pense
  • edited September 2012

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Ego facio!
  • Mange tout
  • Rob scale back the morphine son ur spelling is geting as bad as mine !
  • Rob scale back the morphine son ur spelling is geting as bad as mine !

pmsl! I'm on the Klean-prep for me camara up me arse tomorrow, tyhats why I been on here all day! All LONG day!
  • FFs fella to much info ---------------i hope its not a poleroid job !!
  • FFs fella to much info ---------------i hope its not a poleroid job !!

No, buy he's taking a sound man! ; )
  • I slagged him ante mortem - that makes it ok......
  • masicat said:

I slagged him ante mortem - that makes it ok......

??? Well you wouldn't have slagged him off for anything he done after he died, would you?
  • Jesus, not you en all.. If I slag him before I can slag him after.
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:

Jesus, not you en all.. If I slag him before I can slag him after.

That's it @masicat, blasspheme whilst slagging off the dead!
  • he was my uncle,and even though i didnt see him much i was very proud of him and what he acheived,he was from bermondsey and his mum moved to welling.despite what the papers say he has been living in australia for over 25 yrs .
  • he was my uncle,and even though i didnt see him much i was very proud of him and what he acheived,he was from bermondsey and his mum moved to welling.despite what the papers say he has been living in australia for over 25 yrs .

Well posted pattaya, condolences about your families loss. One of my mothers favourite entertainers.

Condolences, but I live just up the road from Hope Island and he has not been over here anything like 25 years.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/music/performer-max-bygraves-dies-in-australia/story-fn9d2mxu-1226463195992

...he moved here in 2005, I remember it well because my MIL tried to get me to go to one of his shows at Twin Towns at Coolangatta.
  • He was my dad, I think.....
  • masicat said:

He was my dad, I think.....

Someone's looking for some time off Charlton Life...
  • I wonder why it is that when someone dies no-one is 'allowed' to say anything which is less than complimentary? Before you know it we will be saying Adolf Hitler wasn't all bad because he was a vegetarian and liked dogs. Now please don't misunderstand me, I am not likening Max Bygraves to Adolf Hitler. I have no idea whether or not Max was a vegetarian but clearly he liked pussy :-)

This?
  • masicat said:

I wonder why it is that when someone dies no-one is 'allowed' to say anything which is less than complimentary? Before you know it we will be saying Adolf Hitler wasn't all bad because he was a vegetarian and liked dogs. Now please don't misunderstand me, I am not likening Max Bygraves to Adolf Hitler. I have no idea whether or not Max was a vegetarian but clearly he liked pussy :-)

This?
    No not this........
    There is also another poster on here who is related to the deceased.
    I do not suppose he was perfect, like the great majority of human being's. ( including myself)
    I do not quite understand why you have such an opinion of the man...... who is not here to defend himself.
    The freedom to post on here does not mean that you have you be offensive,
    The guy was a light entertainer, not a mass murderer, or a banker.
    You have made your position clear. I for one would appreciate you ceased from these comments.

• Yep Ken, point taken. That said, I will now be watching very closely for any offensive posts on here. Still seems to me the pc patrol pop their heads up when it suits. If you have a close look you will notice that my comments were what has been widely reported on him, they weren't a personal opinion. In fact the papers have been reporting this all week. I agree the Daily Mail is an offensive paper nevertheless. So, I assume in future any RIP should have no negative comments ( like Jimmy Saville ) ? I need to know the rules as I am joining the police....
  • Sponsored links:

• All the same i think Max and his family are entitled to a little consideration decency and respect ...he was in the Public Eye as an Entertainer and thats how we ought to remember him .
  • Perhaps it's also worth pointing out that despite his earlier indiscretions, he remained married to the same women for 69 years, and when she fell ill, he moved into the same nursing home to be next to her at the end of her life.
    I don't know what has been reported over there, but from what I have read, he was a decent and down to earth guy who took the time to chat with anyone who recognised him, whether it be in Waitrose in Bournmouth, or on a tourist boat in Singapore. Whether he appealed to you or not, there is no denying that he reached the very top of his tough profession and stayed there for decades. A life very well lived. Personally I think he did enough to earn some respect.