Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Max Bygraves

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Does anyone know what part of London he came from, or where his old mum lived?
  • he came from Welling and his mum was from Bermondsey.

His parrot was Millwall didnt do f==k all but made alot of noise

Hope thats clear

RIP Max
  • I think he was from Rotherhithe actually.
  • RIP. But he did inflict ' I'm blue toothbrush, you're a pink toothbrush' on me when I was growing up and he was one of the reasons why rock n roll felt as if it was a life-saving force when it arrived.
  • My Nan got me a signed album of his, adressed to me after a concert at Margate Winter Gardens.
    I was 7 .....
  • RobbieT said:

I think he was from Rotherhithe actually.

Spot on definately from Rotherhithe.
  • Didn't he have a song line that went...... you need hands...

Always related it to that Neymar goal against David Seaman.
  • Serial womaniser very disliked in the industry and by the many kids he Fathered but refused to acknowledge. That said, his own Father was ashamed of him and his chosen profession.
  • wasnt a great singer ,wasnt a great comedian but a great entertainer ...even if you didnt want to, he made you like him on stage ...he didnt lose that common touch he always made you feel he was one of us ...a great variety entertainer of his day
  • I seem to recall he lived up the top of Sydenham Hill at one point....
    RIP (wherever he lived)
  • Sponsored links:

• His brother was one time guvnor @ the Brockley Jack
  • masicat said:

Serial womaniser very disliked in the industry and by the many kids he Fathered but refused to acknowledge. That said, his own Father was ashamed of him and his chosen profession.

So it's you that writes for the Daily Mail.
  • masicat said:

Serial womaniser very disliked in the industry and by the many kids he Fathered but refused to acknowledge. That said, his own Father was ashamed of him and his chosen profession.

What non gay famous 'entertainer' is not partial to a bit of what is always being offered .. i.e. loose women !!
  • RobbieT said:

masicat said:

So it's you that writes for the Daily Mail.
    Is it in the Mail as well ? Bloody Hell.... Considering he waqs one of Maggie's biggest fans it's a surprise they slagged him. His interview with Mrs Merton was fantastic and he held his own very well, unlike my uncle the twat Bernard Manning.
  • Will put spell check on.
  • I wanna tell you a story.......
    'First man to hold me when I was a baby, his sister was in the bed next to my mother at the hospital in Greenwich St Alfredge's.'
    Max was a great old time variety entertainer. Yes he liked the ladies, I think a few on here might think that something to aspire to for god's sake.
    he came from a humble background, I think it was a council estate in Rotherhithe.
    Not my cup of tea as a performer, but was part of light entertainment history, so easily forgotten.
    He made people lives a bit more bearable, in the bleak 50s-60s, and gave this country some performers who like Brucie, were not American clones.
    Rather sad he did not recognise his kids, different time different values. Not saying it was right.
  • masicat said:

Oh do turn it it. Fuck me, some people on here just take the fucking biscuit. The geezers dead. If you've got nothing but shit to say then don't say it.
  • Off_it said:

masicat said:

Oh do turn it it. Fuck me, some people on here just take the fucking biscuit. The geezers dead. If you've got nothing but shit to say then don't say it.
    Well said. It's a properly cynical world these days, sad.

• masicat said:

There you go. Had nothing good to say so said it again. Might even say it again later, you never know.

• What a hero.
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:

And again............

your turn.

• Just to lighten it a little. Didn't he sing about 'Tulips On My Organ'!
  • Just to lighten it a little. Didn't he sing about 'Tulips On My Organ'!

Often.
  • edited September 2012
    Sorry Rob
  • edited September 2012
    @Off_it and @masicat

Bickering on a RIP thread, shame.

It doesn't look like the admins are about, so, as I'm one of the most well liked and more popular members of The Forum I'll jump in and kindly ask you both to take it somewhere else.

Thank you gents.
  • Off_it said:

Sorry Rob

As you were comrade
  • masicat said:

masicat said:

And again............

your turn.

What did I say?
  • De mortuis nihil nisi bonum @masicat
  • I wonder why it is that when someone dies no-one is 'allowed' to say anything which is less than complimentary? Before you know it we will be saying Adolf Hitler wasn't all bad because he was a vegetarian and liked dogs. Now please don't misunderstand me, I am not likening Max Bygraves to Adolf Hitler. I have no idea whether or not Max was a vegetarian but clearly he liked pussy :-)
  • I wonder why it is that when someone dies no-one is 'allowed' to say anything which is less than complimentary? Before you know it we will be saying Adolf Hitler wasn't all bad because he was a vegetarian and liked dogs. Now please don't misunderstand me, I am not likening Max Bygraves to Adolf Hitler. I have no idea whether or not Max was a vegetarian but clearly he liked pussy :-)

De mortuis nihil nisi bonum @legaladdick