Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath v Leicester City - Championship - 21 August 2012 - Preview, Predictions & Line-ups

Comments

• Options
    2-0 Charlton..Yann with both.
  • Options
    2-1 Yann to get a late winner and celebrate with that cupping the ears thingy in front of their lot.
  • Options
    Always go for a win for the Super Reds .

Think we should hum the Marseillaise (sp) when Yann scores the winner....
  • Options
    2-0 to the Reds. bwp and Yann
  • Options
    I've changed my mind 2-0 Addicks, BWP and Jackson
  • Options

Think we should hum the Marseillaise (sp) when Yann scores the winner....

Yann probably thinks himself as Breton first.

I've a Breton friend who tells me that in Brittany, the name Yann is actually pronounced ......Yonn.

And that he would no doubt be very pleased if you went up to him and called him Yonn.

• Options
    1-1 cort to score again and another late goal against us.
  • Options
    Don't know if this has been posted but Powell calling for fans to be in good voice against Leicester:
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/9882005.Addicks_boss__Foxes_game_is_big_for_me/
  • Options

On that foxes site page two

"Solly and Wiggins aren't quality full-backs so Marshall and Knockaert are capable of causing more problems."

ho ho

Wouldn't be great if Leicester target the best two full backs in the Division. i'm sure their manager will be more knowledgable than that idiot though lol

• Options

On that foxes site page two

"Solly and Wiggins aren't quality full-backs so Marshall and Knockaert are capable of causing more problems."

ho ho

Wouldn't be great if Leicester target the best two full backs in the Division. i'm sure their manager will be more knowledgable than that idiot though lol

I wouldnt take some of the rammle on foxestalk too serious. Whilst its our main forum, there are 50% idiots on there and 50% that talk sense. Having said that, we do have good wingers now that can cause problems so im confident in that area but i'd never say you dont have quality full backs. Will be a good test

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    They funny thing is, they are probably our best two players - both destined to play in the premiership and be internationals IMO.
  • Options
    Buzzing about tonight. Only been to The Valley on a handful of occasions since regretfully giving up my season ticket seven years ago, but excited about taking up my new season ticket seat in the North Upper this evening. Here's to a rocking Covered End when Charlton snatch a late winner tonight. Up the Addicks!
  • Options
    LEicester Are a very good side and I recon we'd do well to come away from the game with anything, if we play as we did against brum, 0-0 however an average performance and a 3-0 thrashing is on the cards
  • Options
    What I have noticed is we deal with wingers very well. That frei fella got nothing out of solly in the cup at fulham. Burke at the weekend struggled against wiggins and jacko. And we remember Wednesdays biggest player Marshall last season. Got subbed as he couldn't produce against the best right back in the league. Let's hope for more of the same tonight.
  • Options
    I have also been on foxes talk and they are expecting Charlton to attack and try to dominate possession. Not too sure where they got that idea from. I can see it being a very tight game with both teams playing a similar style.
  • Options
    Tough game, 1-1 again......although i'd prefer a 1-0 with Yann in the last minute ;-)
  • Options
    3-0 Haddocks, Yann brace and Lazy BWP ;o)
  • Options
    1-2 to Leicester at half-time, we dominate second half posession but don't really look like scoring, as we press ever more forward they get a late third making it 1-3 and the game peters out.

1-1 in red cards.
  • Options

What I have noticed is we deal with wingers very well. That frei fella got nothing out of solly in the cup at fulham. Burke at the weekend struggled against wiggins and jacko. And we remember Wednesdays biggest player Marshall last season. Got subbed as he couldn't produce against the best right back in the league. Let's hope for more of the same tonight.

Solly kept him so quiet I didn't even realise he was playing until I saw the team sheet after the match. And I was at Fulham!
  • Options
    Assuming fine to get tickets at the ground? Stepdad wants to check before we go, although cant think why they wouldnt be selling as it wont sell out :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-0 COYR!
  • Options
    Very difficult to identify who are going to be the main teams - Last Saturday suggested there may not one that stands out. Leicester have some decent players but I think we have better.
  • Options
    I reckon a nice 2-0 win for us, maybe a bit flattering as Hamer will be superb. BWP opens his account for the season too! COYR
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure we will play it in much the same way as we did last season and the crowd won't be pressuring us to pressure them. I think they will be a bit cagey too so expect the first 30 minutes to be a bit boring - but our strength is quality delivery and set pieces and I fancy us to get something from this area which will open them up.
  • Options
    Reckon 2-1 to us Morrison and BWP grabbing the goals.... any ideas on how many tickets sold was hoping for 20,000+
  • Options
    jay76 said:

Reckon 2-1 to us Morrison and BWP grabbing the goals.... any ideas on how many tickets sold was hoping for 20,000+

Doubt it will be that many. Maybe 16000 - 17000. I heard Leicester are bringing close to 2000.
  • Options
    2-2

Kermorgant, BWP
    Knockaert,Morgan
  • Options
    Sky saying Waggy added to our squad. l
    Leicester unchanged.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    1-0, guess who by, Yann K 89 minute.
  • Options
    I'm feeling more confident as time goes by - was 2-0 - now thinking we might give them one hell of a South London thrashing.