Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joining a Gym

13»

Comments

• I don't get why people use treadmills when there's loads of land outside to run on. Likewise exercise bikes.

Treadmills are cushioned, running on them provides less impact which, if you have'nt done it for a while, if you are going to do a lot of it or if you have an injury to recover from
    it is important.
  • Regarding the debate about whether it's worth joining a gym, we bought a treadmill - we just about got enough use out of it to make it cheaper than a gym when it broke down. Could we find anyone willing to repair it? No chance - had to pay to have it taken away.
  • Bunny said:

I have a new baby and it's hard to find time with that and work. But my routine is - 20 minute interval training at the local park, followed by 3 sets of 30 push ups, squats, dips and sit ups.

Have you tried incorporating your kids into your workout? I do squats whilst holding the baby which not only adds an additional 15lbs or so to the exercise, but it also helps rock her to sleep.

Similarly I get my 3 and 5-year old boys to climb on my back for press-ups which not only adds considerable weight, but also an unstable one (good for the 'core' muscles). I can manage 15 with my 3-year old onboard and 10 with my 5-year old - the burn is unbelievable. They are a good addition for the classic 'plank' exercise too.

I also find the boys are quite good for bicep curls and chest presses, again because of the combination of weight and instability - machine weights can be quite flattering because they're fixed.
    Sadly I have - to music to. You're right tho, she loves it!