Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice needed - can't ask the wife

Comments

• Options
    I'm really enjoying ALL your comments.
    However, most of you seem to think I'm just a young bloke longing for romance with an old flame;
    I'm not. Apart from being exactly Bobby Charlton's age, heavy surgery 2 years ago (marrow) resulted in, among other unpleasantness, a
    total loss of interest in romance.
    Still not sure if I should give up.
  • Options
    Now wait a minute. A loss of interest in romance? Doesn't sound like t to me. There may be physical and psychological problems but romance comes from the mind and I don't think you've lost that. If you are happy with 'the wife' then you are lucky. She has probably been through a lot when you were under treatment and if you are going to chuck that away on an old flame from god knows when then be prepared to be lonely in your old age...
  • Options
    adrian said:

However, most of you seem to think I'm just a young bloke longing for romance with an old flame;
    I'm not. Apart from being exactly Bobby Charlton's age, heavy surgery 2 years ago (marrow) resulted in, among other unpleasantness, a

You sound quite a catch, I'm sure if you found her romance would blossom!
    Great Wind Up!
  • Options
    This is my new best thread. Adrian you are a comedy genuis.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    D'oh. That took me a while.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

adrian said:

Great Wind Up!
    yes. Have to say I have been chuckling about this thread for an hour now* everytime Adrian comments he makes it sound worse!! Has to be a wind up. Congratulations!
  • Options

Greenie said:

adrian said:

Great Wind Up!
    yes. Have to say I have been chuckling about this thread for an hour now* everytime Adrian comments he makes it sound worse!! Has to be a wind up. Congratulations!
    But....what if its not a wind up....thats what worries me?!
  • Options
    Sorry mate, been dating HER online for 6 months !
  • Options
    The wonderful thing about Facebook is that you can see exactly how fat your exes are getting.
  • Options
    fattmatt said:

The wonderful thing about Facebook is that you can see exactly how fat your exes are getting.

They can also see how fat you are getting

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see you have'nt forgotten the coach calamity.
    My posts seem to attract a lot of controversy.
    Maybe I should concentrate on Charlton stats.
    I swear I'm good at that.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

adrian said:

Great Wind Up!
    But....what if its not a wind up....thats what worries me?!
    in which case I would say our friend Adrian is mentally unstable. However I am convinced it is a wind up!!!!
  • Options
    I personally don't think it's a wind up.
  • Options
    adrian said:

I see you have'nt forgotten the coach calamity.
    My posts seem to attract a lot of controversy.
    Maybe I should concentrate on Charlton stats.
    I swear I'm good at that.

I can imagine Alan Bennett reading that as a poem.
  • Options
    This thread is genius, it's bedtime here in Oz but I can't sleep and leave this thread!
  • Options
    what a brilliant wind up
  • Options
    Care in the Community has a lot to answer for!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

what a brilliant wind up

It really is not, so I suppose I'm mentally unstable.
    I've taken a few blows, I can take this one on the chin, no problem.
  • Options
    Ok Adrian, what do you think you will do?
  • Options
    I met Adrian briefly in the Lib once and am inclined to think this is genuine...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fattmatt said:

You can if you are 28

You can't if like Adrian, you are 75.

• Options
    Adrian, how old is this bird?
  • Options
    I've seen Adrian on the coach. This is definitely genuine.

Try facebook.
  • Options
    I needed 2 mins respite from some documents I'm wading through and chanced upon this 'gem' of a thread. I had no idea I'd end up needing tissues to wipe away my tears of laughter - I don't know what to make of the situation, other than a bunch on here should be comedy writers/comedians - very funny :)
  • Options

Probably give up.

• Options
    adrian said:

cafctom said:

what a brilliant wind up

It really is not, so I suppose I'm mentally unstable.
    I've taken a few blows, I can take this one on the chin, no problem.
    Oh my word!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    adrian said:

Probably give up.

but you've come so far :(
  • Options
    If you love your wife then you will steer clear....if not then you have problems closer to home that need to be addressed before swanning off up north on bit of a wild goose chase.
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited August 2012
    adrian said:

A loss of romance - are you kidding?
    Trawling through some godforsaken northern town to find an old flame is very romantic.
    I suspect you would regret finding her as its only absence which is making the heart fond. If you lost your wife because of this you would probably miss her hugely.

PS I did this once - although only through facebook and to say they had gone to seed is not doing it justice. I was very glad it was only a photograph and email, and I didn't have to actually meet them and regret how fat, slobby and generally disgusting they had become.
  • Options
    Please Admin, Can we make this thread an announcement?? It is too good for words!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!