Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Championship 2012 Summer Transfers List (updated 6th Aug)

Comments

• Options
    Sorry mitake ment 2 years ago aidentheaddick :/
  • Options
    Haha, I know I know, just kidding.
  • Options
    When will we sign someone of proven championship quality?!?!?! To me it seems we have a very weak squad for this division.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In a few months time we will have quite a few, mostly signed last summer, we already have a good enough squad to finish in mid table, which is fine, no need to gamble the future of the club like so many teams seem to want to do this season.
  • Options
    plumpo said:

When will we sign someone of proven championship quality?!?!?! To me it seems we have a very weak squad for this division.

Not a weak squad but I think weak in a couple of key positions. We need a proven at Championship level playmaker and another striker to give competition to Yann.

• Options
    Forest have signed Simon Gillet from Doncaster on a free transfer.

Leeds have signed Lee Peltier from Leicester for an undisclosed fee.

Blackburn have signed Dickson Etuhu from Fulham for an undisclosed fee.
  • Options
    If Venkys had spent this money last season they wouldn't be down here. Waiting for that club to implode given the expenditure this season measured against the loss of revenue caused by relegation.
  • Options
    Opening posts now updated
  • Options
    Birmingham sign problem child Ravel Morrison on season loan from Wham
  • Options
    Former QPR and West Ham Welsh International defender Danny Gabbidon joining Huddersfield according to Twitter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hasnt antonio joined wednesday permanently also?
  • Options
    yep
  • Options
    Seriously getting left behind now. Central defence not got enough depth and central midfield is weak for Championship level. A striker would now look like a luxury signing to me.
  • Options
    Palars apparentally have signed Peter Ramage from QPR according to my Palars cousin.

Hope we sign a few more soon, otherwise beating relegation looks like the plan for the season #funtimes
  • Options
    I think Blackburn will win the league, they have got a good squad now.
  • Options

Sheff Wed have made some good signings, they will be up there
  • Options

Palars apparentally have signed Peter Ramage from QPR according to my Palars cousin.

Hope we sign a few more soon, otherwise beating relegation looks like the plan for the season #funtimes

I think that most Palace fans are very worried about next season. More so than all of the doom and gloom merchants on here.
  • Options
    My Palarse mate says he expects them to be in a relegation dogfight next season as so far their policy has been sell,sell,sell.
  • Options
    Oh yeah i agree, my cousin is worried aswell i just wanted to update the thread :) although it was updated by the time i posted it!

In general im hoping we sign a few more players, our first 11 will do ok but we could do with a few challenging for a start
  • Options
    Barnsley - out - Andy Gray - Leeds, Nathan Doyle - Bradford

Blackburn - In - Edinho Junior - Olhanense, Paulo Jorge - Braga

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Gray = pony! What's Warnock thinking?!
  • Options

Andy Gray = pony! What's Warnock thinking?!

Sharon Ambrose was pants for us and look how Warnock motivated him at Palace. I reckon he could reignite Gray's career
  • Options
    I can't believe that the natural athlete known as Mido has torn a hamstring & will be out for the first 3 months.
    Who'd a thought it ?
    (Well me actually, odds on wasn't it ?)
  • Options

Agreed, a few decent signings, mind you are they bringing in a few before getting rid of a lot of last years big earners ?
  • Options
    Morten Gamst-Pedersen ment to be on this way out of Rovers
  • Options
    plumpo said:

Are you having a laugh? We just absolutely dominated League One, getting over 100 points. We got more points than Norwich or Southampton did in League One and they got back-to-back promotions! I'm not saying we'll do that too, but to say we have a very weak squad is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Hearing that Bellamy is on the verge of joining Cardiff.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Hearing that Bellamy is on the verge of joining Cardiff.

Very good signing for them, I expect them to be challenging for promotion this year.
  • Options

plumpo said:

Are you having a laugh? We just absolutely dominated League One, getting over 100 points. We got more points than Norwich or Southampton did in League One and they got back-to-back promotions! I'm not saying we'll do that too, but to say we have a very weak squad is ridiculous.
    I'm a guest here...at your good grace...so don't want to overstep the mark too much...but as said before, that was the weakest league one for many a year. You can only beat what's in front of you though. But Norwich & Southampton won promotion from much stronger divisions AND then heavily invested for the step up.

Anyways, I have no idea why you lot are getting your knickers in such twist (well, some of you)...you'll finish mid table easy enough with your squad.
  • Options
    Bunny said:

plumpo said:

I'm a guest here...at your good grace...so don't want to overstep the mark too much...but as said before, that was the weakest league one for many a year. You can only beat what's in front of you though. But Norwich & Southampton won promotion from much stronger divisions AND then heavily invested for the step up.

Anyways, I have no idea why you lot are getting your knickers in such twist (well, some of you)...you'll finish mid table easy enough with your squad.
    I wouldn't say the league Southampton won was that much stronger than it was last season. The season Norwich went up was the strognest league League One has ever had, in my opinion.

Neither Norwich or Southampton strengthened THAT much when they went up either. They strengthened, but the core of the teams were basically the same. Just look at Southampton's two best players last season; Lambert and Lallana and Norwich's was Holt and Hoolahan when they went up. All players that were with them in League One.

We have nothing to worry about, I'm not sure why so many are panicking.