Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic tickets

Comments

• Options
    As for Seb Coe, I think he has done a fantastic job. Each to their own though.
  • Options

I spent most of the day yesterday at the Olympic Park (I watched two hockey matches in the morning and a handball match in the afternoon (for which I managed to get a ticket for a fiver)).

Very impressed by the place and the people (Gamesmakers) working there.

I have to say it was a fantastic experience. I have tickets for Wembley next week (Woman's Gold medal match) but will now try and get some tickets for the Paralympic Games, just to go back to the Olympic Park. It is well worth a visit.

Did you get get the hand ball ticket on the day? We're there for the athletics tomorrow morning and intend to spend the afternoon in the park.
  • Options
    Not much of an attendee to sporting events nowadays so apologies to the more rabid and disappointed Olympians amongst you and I hope that everyone who managed to get a ticket has a great time. The usual hyper-vitriolic coverage in the press is so predictable isn't it? I for one am sitting back and watching it on the TV a la couch potato but are we really that fecking stupid not to be able to work this out?

The number of tickets is finite, the demand for this games by all accounts is overwhelming. Once you take out the usual freebies,jollies and back handers that happen at EVERY IOC games, the pool of free tickets for fans is even more reduced. The fact that the Olympics is here, in one of the most heavily populated corners of Western Europe, in a country renowned for it's love of sport and sporting attendance, has just complicated matters and we all know how ours and the worlds media love a non-story.

When the dust settles and we look back on the wonderful effort we, GB made, I am sure we will find that these will of been the best attended and most atmospheric games so far. I certainly will not be betting on Brazil or anyone else doing much better that easily but the best of British to them anyway.

• Options
    Off_it said:

"There is no doubt the ticketing has been shambolic"

Really?

I keep hearing this get trotted out, but I am yet to hear of one single method that would have been better. Easy to criticise, but people were always going to miss out unless we built million seater venues.

Could be that there's something in it then! How would you have dealt with it?

Your last option is unrealistic.

• Options
    I'm not the one throwing the word shambolic about. To me it seems that the way they have done it is about as fair as it could be done - you only have to look at the number of people on here that got tickets (as an unrepresentative sample) to see that it hasn't been the carve up some are claiming, clearly.

Still haven't heard of a better way, but I'm all ears.
  • Options
    Just got tickets for a team GB goalball game on Tuesday 4th for £15 which includes a day pass for the park and athletics on Friday 7th for £10 which includes some good events and medal ceremonies.
  • Options
    i'm in the "requesting tickets" bit again for 13 minutes for athletics on thursday night. some tickets just became available again - fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I've just struck Gold.

Go for these £150 a pop, they are obviously there !

Your Olympic Games tickets:

Sport: Athletics
    Session code: AT008
    Date/time: 07 August 2012 10:00-12:35
    Venue: Olympic Stadium
    Price category: A
    Quantity: 3
    Ticket cost: £450.00
  • Options

I spent most of the day yesterday at the Olympic Park (I watched two hockey matches in the morning and a handball match in the afternoon (for which I managed to get a ticket for a fiver)).

I have to say it was a fantastic experience. I have tickets for Wembley next week (Woman's Gold medal match) but will now try and get some tickets for the Paralympic Games, just to go back to the Olympic Park. It is well worth a visit.

Was that £5 ticket from a tout. Are there many touts there?

I didn't see any touts at all. The £5 ticket was from one of the box offices there. I think it may have been a returned ticket from a corporate or something.
  • Options

Not much of an attendee to sporting events nowadays so apologies to the more rabid and disappointed Olympians amongst you and I hope that everyone who managed to get a ticket has a great time. The usual hyper-vitriolic coverage in the press is so predictable isn't it? I for one am sitting back and watching it on the TV a la couch potato but are we really that fecking stupid not to be able to work this out?

The number of tickets is finite, the demand for this games by all accounts is overwhelming. Once you take out the usual freebies,jollies and back handers that happen at EVERY IOC games, the pool of free tickets for fans is even more reduced. The fact that the Olympics is here, in one of the most heavily populated corners of Western Europe, in a country renowned for it's love of sport and sporting attendance, has just complicated matters and we all know how ours and the worlds media love a non-story.

When the dust settles and we look back on the wonderful effort we, GB made, I am sure we will find that these will of been the best attended and most atmospheric games so far. I certainly will not be betting on Brazil or anyone else doing much better that easily but the best of British to them anyway.

Mostly agree with this however I still have a feeling that "when the dust settles" there will still be those who will look back and moan about the ticketing. Personally I think i has been about as good as it could have been, the only issue I would say is that there should have been more priority given to local residents.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've just struck Gold.

I've been trying for them but just dont get through.
  • Options

I've just struck Gold.

well done. just been trying for loads, but couldn't get through. just the searching for tickets and then 'unsuccessful' will keep trying though as they come up all the time!
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Never mind. I've only been trying for about 18 months for athletics tickets. Probably a couple of hundred attempts, with a £150 maximum.

Dunno what you're moaning about CE. I mean it's easy to get tickets to events you want to see as others have taken the trouble to point out to Len and others on here. Yeah right...
    What are you saying? The people on here haven't been able to get tickets?

No-one has said it has been easy have they? No-one. But of course some events have sold out 18 months after first going on sale, and some events suffered from simple supply and demand. Surely you cas understand that?

Len was moaning that ordinary Londoners didnt get tickets which is patent nonsense - as has been pointed out there are ample chances to watch events for free, and for £20 quid upwards. These are facts. Sorry if they dont fit the Bornemouth Echo's view of life.
  • Options
    Thursday £150

Includes Men 800m final
    Men 200m final
    end of the Decathlon
  • Options
    is that how long the session are?......2.5 hrs?
  • Options
    Same here Sooze . Well done Covered End , so thats me you and Sooze sorted
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I've just struck Gold.

I've been trying for them but just dont get through.
    Sorry, that's because they were serving me.
    I applied for Tuesday & Wednesday both morning & evening sessions at £150 each ticket.

I got the Tuesday morning ones only.
  • Options

What a coincident, that exactly what we did yesterday, great fun wasn't it, but I found it extremely tiring. Agreed about the games maker comment, thought the whole experience to be great.
  • Options
    oh no i was going for the Thursday nights one.

• Options
    it's a shame you can't add £50 and £150 tickets in the same session into your basket like you can different options and then one gets released as you're unlikely to get both? its a long winded system if you get a in queue for 14 minutes, are unsuccessful and you've missed out on other ones. knowing my luck, when the next lot come out, i'll put 2 lots of £150 tickets in my basket and i'ill get them all and spend £600 automatically!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im just going for one ticket now.
  • Options
    I've just struck Gold.

Glad you're happy with these , CE & well done for perseverance

But wonder how many others would pay £150pp for a 2.5 hr morning session of heats & qualifiers .
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    surely its unfair to charge the same amount for morning tickets as it is for evening?

two people pay the same amount, however one person gets to see crap heats, while the other person gets to see finals and medal ceremonies.
  • Options
    Could just bunk in?
  • Options
    you could go anywhere you like over the olympic park if you grew some sideys.
  • Options
    Going to see Team GB Vs Italy in the Volleyball tonight at Earls Court.

£65 a ticket. Wouldn't have been interested, but considering I wasn't expecting to have any chance to see the Olympics (and up until recently no real interest) I thought it was worth the experience just to say I did it.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Tickets for athletics Monday available for £95 right now.
    (Please ignore this and all the messages above if you dont believe its possible.)
  • Options
    Just tried getting those Floyd and got a blank
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Im just going for one ticket now.

want me to go for 3 for whatever I can? maybe that'll help and you can come with us?

I'm going for any evening session from tomorrow until next Thursday for £150 or less.
  • Options
    ive tried 3's tho Sausage nothing. thought I'd have a better chance of a single seat.

Im away tomorrow to Sunday and then relatives arrive Tuesday but Thursday is good for me.