Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic tickets

Comments

• Options
    My understanding is that officially the tickets can only be bought through the official channel & for yourself & friends & family. The purchaser must be contactable.

So if they want to enforce it & I sold you a ticket, they could prevent your entry/eject you as you are not my family or friend.

How they would prove that in practice, I've no idea.

I'd happily sell anyone a ticket, but I'd be wary of buying one.
  • Options
    Been to 3 events so far at Lords, Earls Court & Woolwich - no checks on the purchaser's name, just a scan of the bar-code on the ticket. They seem more concerned with getting you into the venue as quickly as possible than checking if you were the purchaser.
  • Options
    Loads on sale today - got some athletics tickets for next Thursday in my basket but pressed 'request tickets' and its just like the page is refreshing and doesn't say that they've gone. I've pressed it 8 times now, so hopefully wont have bought 8 x £300. looks like we just missed out. Loads more on there, some more reasonably priced too. going to hold out though and keep checking for that session as it was second choice to our original application in the ballot. Maybe more will come up tomorrow.
  • Options
    loads show up all day but in my experience it is impossible to buy any of them unless you are paying c£300 per ticket - i have given up again
  • Options
    Yeah have given up as well , lots showing on there for sale but you get jack once you get to the end
  • Options
    Just keep getting this message when trying for the 'available' tickets.

Select Shopping list Reserved tickets Delivery and payment Confirmation Back
    Venue Riverbank Arena
    Date Saturday 11 August 2012
    Time 08:30-13:30
    Session ticket limit
    Session details Men's classification 11th-12th places
    Men's classification 5th-6th places

Session code: HO040
    Ticket price categories £65.00 A
    £45.00 B
    £35.00 C
    £20.00 D

Wheelchair spaces Offered in price categories A B C D

Special prices Offered in price categories: C D
    Senior price: £16.00

Tickets to this event are not on sale yet. Tickets will go on sale at 7.00am 15 June 2012.
    This event is no longer on sale.
    We are currently completing our nightly maintenance.
  • Options
    Id find it hard paying 200 quid for a sport I actually loved like football let alone paying that purely to being there for the occasion.
  • Options
    kept trying to get some women's basketball tickets today, sometimes you can add them to your basket sometimes you can't but if you get as far as Request Tickets there's always no match - however search again and there they are and you find yourself wasting more time with their useless ticketing system
  • Options
    £50 tickets for athletics for this weekend were just on there. timed out when i got to the request ticket page. i had to log in again and then they were gone! ARGH! they should have got everyone to put in details and do a 'one click' service so you didn't have to press and go through so many things to get tickets.
  • Options
    You can do it, suzi !

You deserve to after all that effort.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same happened to me on Monday night you request tickets wait in line for 10 minutes and you get nothing.

Process for buying tickets is a shambles tbh
  • Options

Id find it hard paying 200 quid for a sport I actually loved like football let alone paying that purely to being there for the occasion.

Exactly. More money than sense.

• Options
    I can't believe I can't even get tickets to get into the Olympic park. Can you not just turn up and get into the Olympic park?
  • Options
    It's complete %$£*&%$ !
  • Options

I can't believe I can't even get tickets to get into the Olympic park. Can you not just turn up and get into the Olympic park?

No they have sold out. They were selling them months back and i couldnt make up my mind which day to go to so left it and when I finally decided i went back to choose and they had gone.

They have to keep a limit on the number of those so it doesnt get overcrowded. They were 10 quid. Peeved i missed out on that.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    £1500 for the closing ceremony anyone?

I'd want a car there and back, to present the medal, to receive the medal, a padded chair, the national anthem, meet the queen, chicken in a basket, 2 glasses of wine and a party bag to take home for that amount.
  • Options
    Good to see ordinary sports fans finding it so easy to get tickets.....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Do you blame the EU?
  • Options
    I presume if you have tickets to an event within the Olympic park it entitles you to stay in the park for the day after your event has finished?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

Do you blame the EU?
    Should I ?

I thought this was one of the few inconveniences that had not occurred because of the dead hand of the EU.

I bow to your superior knowledge though if you know different!

A link would be nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If there is a link, no matter how obscure, I know we can trust you to sniff it out Len. There must be an EU directive on ticket allocations, surely?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Surely it has been the success of ordinary sports fans getting tickets that has contributed to the scarcity still available.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Well I got some
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

LenGlover said:

Surely it has been the success of ordinary sports fans getting tickets that has contributed to the scarcity still available.
    Who knows?

The only certainties appear to be that there are empty seats, plenty of tickets are available at prices way beyond the budgets of most ordinary people and that so-called cheap tickets are advertised but somehow not available when people actually try to buy them.

Ordinary sports fans may have been able to buy tickets for some obscure heat of the synchronised swimming, or similar that not many wanted to see, but it appears difficult for other events.

I expect the TV companies will be banned from showing empty seats before too much longer.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I'd want a car there and back, to present the medal, to receive the medal, a padded chair, the national anthem, meet the queen, chicken in a basket, 2 glasses of wine and a party bag to take home for that amount.

£995 tickets available for the past 2 weeks.

Len, you might benefit from changing your view on life - there have been literally millions of chances for ordinary people to see events. Tens of thousands were able to get seats for opening and closing ceremonies for £20.
    Personally I've bought football Hockey and Swimming tickets in the past 7 days because I was too stupid to bid in the first place. none of my tickets cost more than £40.

Of course you can moan there arent more, but you appear to be like someone who looks at a priceless ancient afghan rug which millions of people have seen and enjoyed enormously in a museum, but you are there complaining because there is slight discolouration to an insignificant area on the back of the rug.
  • Options
    Ffs - give me strength!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some
    And me. Did you want to go Len ?

• Options
    PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some
    And me. Did you want to go Len ?

Of course he doesn't its just something else for him to moan about
  • Options

£995 tickets available for the past 2 weeks.
    BARGAIN!!!!

I'm not actually complaining, just informing people of the situation and letting them know that tickets have been released. I can only go on specific days and in the evenings so thats why I can't buy anything, plus money is quite tight so I'd rather spend £150 on something i'd love to see rather than £80 on something I'm not as fussed about. Seems you can't even comment on the olympics without people jumping down your throat and assuming you're moaning about it. I will get to the olympics, I entered the ballot, i've been checking the tickets page daily, i've got 3 different screens on my pc watching cycling, rowing and archery at the same time plus the bbc live text update and checking twitter. I will get there!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    it was much easier getting tickets at the London'48 games